The Trueman Show - cancelled

Started by ReturntoZenda, July 25, 2018, 08: AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ReturntoZenda

Anyone decipher this?

Stig of the Seaton Dump

Celebrating being dumped by the toxic mob ?
I don't believe it.

kevplumb

can't open it
A councillor is an elected representative of their ward, not their political party!
Councils need communities but communities don't need councils
Party politics have no place in local goverment

mk1

Councillor Katie Trueman - Victoria Ward

Last night, the Victoria Labour branch voted by majority to select a new candidate for the 2019 local elections. Thanks to our Party's all women shortlisting system, I'm pleased to say that it is another woman who will take over from me in 2019 to ensure that we continue striving for more female representation in Hartlepool Borough Council. I hope that our new candidate will always be at the disposal of residents and serve our community as I have done, and join me as I continue to fight the increase in deprivation, poverty, poor living standards and anti-social behaviour that austerity has brought to our ward and town.

I've received a lot of messages from people who are disappointed to hear this news, so I just wanted to reach out and say how positive I'm feeling about the whole thing!

The word "deselection" comes with so much stigma attached to it, but it's important to remember that no sitting councillor has a God-given right to continue in their role without challenge. For me, strangely enough, getting "deselected" was one of my biggest achievements! I had the opportunity to test my resilience and find out just how brave I really am, by putting myself out there knowing full well that the odds were against me.

Earlier this year I graduated from the Jo Cox women in Leadership Programme with 56 other incredibly strong Labour women, and I can honestly say that I wouldn't have such an optimistic outlook without them! However, the one woman who springs to mind when I think about this weeks events is Ellen Wilkinson.

Ellen Wilkinson was a suffragette, trade unionist, Fabian and Labour Party politician who was first elected to Parliament by Middlesbrough in 1924. In 1931 however, she lost the support of her constituency, but fought onwards to become a national figure as MP for Jarrow, leader of the Jarrow Crusade and Minister for Education from 1945 until her passing. It's hard not to feel optimistic when I think about all of the strong women who've set such a strong benchmark before me.

Right now, I'll ensure that I see out the rest of my term continuing to be the best councillor I can be, take some time to focus on my PhD, and when I feel ready, return to politics feeling stronger and wiser, knowing that I'm a good, principled councillor and a worthy candidate.

Thank you everyone for all of your support so far, I've totally fallen in love with the diverse community that I represent, and I'm looking forward to continuing my work with all of you until next May!

kevplumb

thank you mk1 :)
A councillor is an elected representative of their ward, not their political party!
Councils need communities but communities don't need councils
Party politics have no place in local goverment

fred c

A warning to all prospective labour councillors..... Upset the Corbyn Pixies at your peril, they are a bunch that are "To sweet to be wholesum"

Hartlepool will be in danger of replacing a bunch of self serving carpetbaggers, with a bunch of Corbynite / Momentum idealists.

Inspector Knacker

Quote from: mk1 on July 25, 2018, 12: PM
Councillor Katie Trueman - Victoria Ward

Last night, the Victoria Labour branch voted by majority to select a new candidate for the 2019 local elections. Thanks to our Party's all women shortlisting system, I'm pleased to say that it is another woman who will take over from me in 2019 to ensure that we continue striving for more female representation in Hartlepool Borough Council. I hope that our new candidate will always be at the disposal of residents and serve our community as I have done, and join me as I continue to fight the increase in deprivation, poverty, poor living standards and anti-social behaviour that austerity has brought to our ward and town.
So what have you achieved?
I've received a lot of messages from people who are disappointed to hear this news, so I just wanted to reach out and say how positive I'm feeling about the whole thing!
Seriously?
The word "deselection" comes with so much stigma attached to it, but it's important to remember that no sitting councillor has a God-given right to continue in their role without challenge. For me, strangely enough, getting "deselected" was one of my biggest achievements! I had the opportunity to test my resilience and find out just how brave I really am, by putting myself out there knowing full well that the odds were against me.
Getting kicked out is an achievement? Why did you get de-selected?
Earlier this year I graduated from the Jo Cox women in Leadership Programme with 56 other incredibly strong Labour women, and I can honestly say that I wouldn't have such an optimistic outlook without them! However, the one woman who springs to mind when I think about this weeks events is Ellen Wilkinson.
Looks like it didn't work then?
Ellen Wilkinson was a suffragette, trade unionist, Fabian and Labour Party politician who was first elected to Parliament by Middlesbrough in 1924. In 1931 however, she lost the support of her constituency, but fought onwards to become a national figure as MP for Jarrow, leader of the Jarrow Crusade and Minister for Education from 1945 until her passing. It's hard not to feel optimistic when I think about all of the strong women who've set such a strong benchmark before me.

Right now, I'll ensure that I see out the rest of my term continuing to be the best councillor I can be, take some time to focus on my PhD, and when I feel ready, return to politics feeling stronger and wiser, knowing that I'm a good, principled councillor and a worthy candidate.
I believe the political term is spending more time with your family and fuming?

Thank you everyone for all of your support so far, I've totally fallen in love with the diverse community that I represent, and I'm looking forward to continuing my work with all of you until next May!

On another planet.
What can be asserted without proof,
can be dismissed without proof.

Inspector Knacker

Quote from: fred c on July 25, 2018, 02: PM
A warning to all prospective labour councillors..... Upset the Corbyn Pixies at your peril, they are a bunch that are "To sweet to be wholesum"

Hartlepool will be in danger of replacing a bunch of self serving carpetbaggers, with a bunch of Corbynite / Momentum idealists.
Political opportunists displaced by naive social crusaders.
Both utterly detached from the everyday worker
What can be asserted without proof,
can be dismissed without proof.

Stig of the Seaton Dump

So who is filling her shoes ?

Seems a bit premature if there isn't a name in the frame.
I don't believe it.

Lucy Lass-Tick

Quote from: Stig of the Seaton Dump on July 25, 2018, 07: PM
So who is filling her shoes ?

Seems a bit premature if there isn't a name in the frame.

Ms. Trueman mentions that it is another woman - no name given, though.

mk1

Quote from: Lucy Lass-Tick on July 25, 2018, 07: PM

Could be a self-indentified woman.

Lucy Lass-Tick

Quote from: mk1 on July 25, 2018, 07: PM
Quote from: Lucy Lass-Tick on July 25, 2018, 07: PM

Could be a self-indentified woman.

Hmm - the possibilities are endless.

mk1

Getting a bit personal on Katie's page

https://www.facebook.com/councillorkatietrueman/posts/509526056135726?comment_id=509864126101919&comment_tracking=%7B%22tn%22%3A%22R8%22%7D

Wallace(who made a deal to close our A&E with  SAB  and gave him a £5000 'grant' for his complicity) complaining Carl tried to get a Councillor deselected so his partner could get her  seat.
Carl's partner replies denying any plot and  saying Pam (who got the seat)  'walked the floor'. Reality is Pam was being stabbed in the back by the SCAB Cabal and moves were made to sanction and remove her so she just jumped before she was pushed.

Doherty and Katie  seem confused as they have 'liked' both sides in the dispute.

A little bit of Stalinist revisionism by Carl as he gets a couple of digs in at Katie's hero Ellen Wilkinson. No doubt he thinks Ellen was a 'Class Traitor' because she supported the 11 Plus and her opposition to Comprehensive Schools.
Note both Carl & partner are quite dismissive of all women shortlists. This and his  warning to Katie not to be taken in by 'right wing Labour elements' could be an indication as to why Katie was deselected.

Seems like a bit of a falling out among the comrades!

mk1

Do you think Wallace let a little bit to much slip when he typed 'face-sitting?

Lucy Lass-Tick

One comment at the end of the topic came from Sandra Belcher - wonder just what this could mean for her own future political career.

'Sandra Belcher You are a brilliant councillor Katie and I know you work to the very end the same as I will god bless you xx'