Councillor's Allowances & Expenses - Pigs at a trough

Started by akarjl, May 26, 2017, 07: PM

Previous topic - Next topic

akarjl

Couldn't find a thread recently about this but take a look at the "funds" being " extracted" from the Kremlin trough. (2015-16 I assume 2016-17 will be in September?)

Gill Alexander 133K+ a year . For what exactly?

What a surprise, considering one of them is unemployable and fatboy slim would not be offered a job as he is a liar, the Akers-Belcher tribe are doing very well.....

Mad dog is getting more than enough to pay the Kennel Club fees.....

https://www.google.fr/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&ved=0ahUKEwjQko29l47UAhURPFAKHRABCnYQFggiMAA&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.hartlepool.gov.uk%2Fdownload%2Fdownloads%2Fid%2F2370%2Ffinancial_report_2015-16.pdf&usg=AFQjCNFa7Tl__S9nvFq4mt_Q4ZDvq8KPfQ

It will be interesting to see what the next years accounts reveal.

Lord Elpus

Cllr Kaylee Sirs £738.49 in telephone expences, impressive.

jeffh

With the new committees and the chairs being announced, in addition to their £5953 this years winners of an additional allowance are

C Akers Belcher - Finance & Planning - £17859 - no change
C Akers Belcher - Constitution Committee - £5953 - new committee
Thomas - Adult Services - £5953 - no change
Hunter - Neighbourhood Services - £5953 - new entry replacing James
Cranney - Regeneration Services - £5953 - no change
Clark - Children's Services - £5953 - no change
Loynes - Licensing - £5953 - no change
Cook - Planning - £5953 replace S Akers Belcher
Martin-Wells - Audit & Governance - £5953 - no change

These figures they haven't been given a pay rise

So with SAB losing Planning that's offset by CAB gaining Constitution
James gives up her place to Hunter

I don't now whether other posts attract allowances - maybe you do.......

fred c

2015/2016.......... There combined income from allowances / expenses is around £40k........not bad work if you can get it......I wonder if the conferences they attended required 'Both of them to be there' ....... a bit like the Portsmouth Jolly they were on (Sorry Funeral) when Handsome Ste was well and truly sussed out by Newcastle City Council.

Land Phil

Does Gill get paid for being a director of the Royal Navy museum ?

Inspector Knacker

Quote from: Lord Elpus on May 26, 2017, 08: PM
Maybe she was phoning the 'What a coincillors does' helpline. She's the Albert RN Councillor for our ward.
What can be asserted without proof,
can be dismissed without proof.

WhatTheHeck

Quote from: Riddler5 on May 27, 2017, 06: AM
Quote from: Lord Elpus on May 26, 2017, 08: PM
Maybe she was phoning the 'What a coincillors does' helpline. She's the Albert RN Councillor for our ward.

Telephone Expenses

Councillors can be reimbursed for the cost of line and telephone rental. Councillors are also eligible to claim for
installing a telephone line if a line is not already connected. Councillors cannot claim for the cost of telephone calls.

If councillors can't claim for the cost of calls, what is she claiming £738.49p for top of the range iPhone and most expensive monthly plan ?

No relation to Whattheheck from the mail !

Lucy Lass-Tick

akarjl

= More questions to ask at next meeting as they are "open to questions"?

fred c

The HBC accounts are certainly cause for a multitude of questions for members of The LabMob, almost £740 for her telephone, deffo worth asking at the next meeting...... I also wonder about the 'Conferences Attended' by Cwissy and Lying Ste.......do they come as a pair, you can't have one attend without the other  :P

Riqueti

That is a ridiculous amount for telephone services. I have an iPhone 7+ on the top contract plan and it only comes to £60 a month. Not efficient at all whatever she is doing, particularly when her contribution is rarer than rocking horse s**t

akarjl

Quote from: Riqueti on May 28, 2017, 07: AM
when her contribution is rarer than rocking horse s**t

Like your style..... ;)

The last accounts are downloadable from the link- worth a look I am sure theres a few nuggets could be raised at next question time.

WhatTheHeck

Quote from: Riqueti on May 28, 2017, 07: AM
That is a ridiculous amount for telephone services. I have an iPhone 7+ on the top contract plan and it only comes to £60 a month. Not efficient at all whatever she is doing, particularly when her contribution is rarer than rocking horse s**t

More so when you look at her profile on HBC, she gives a  landline telephone as her contact details !

akarjl

WhatTheHeck