Vote 'None of the Above'

Started by Paul Thompson, May 02, 2017, 09: PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Steely Dan

Quote from: kevplumb on May 03, 2017, 07: AM
Quote from: Steely Dan on May 03, 2017, 07: AM
Riddler, are you joking? Look at the turnout in council elections. What would you do about those results?
if your lot got their house in order and sorted the idiots in the kremlin that are doing the damage it would be a one horse race
simple

My lot? I say steady on old chap. I'm a member of the Labour Party. I have no connection with Hartlepool branch.

I agree the Labour councillors running the town are inept. When I manage to join the Hartlepool branch I can promise you I'll be hoping to hook up with others to bring about change. I already gave two potential supporters.

The only way to bring about change is from within. To that end I'll also be going to see our new MP if, as I  expect, the town votes Labour.

Several years of nonsense like PHF and much noise from this forum, the company not thing that has been achieved is a Tory who has been bought off by Labour and allowed to feather his own nest and a group of moronic UKIP councillors. Go on, tell me I've got that wrong.

Inspector Knacker

Quote from: Steely Dan on May 04, 2017, 12: PM

My lot? I say steady on old chap. I'm a member of the Labour Party. I have no connection with Hartlepool branch. I think this may come as a shock, but you actually are in the same party unless you operate some bizarre Lord of the Flies system of control

I agree the Labour councillors running the town are inept. hard to say otherwise, but carry onWhen I manage to join the Hartlepool branchHow long have you been trying for? I can promise you I'll be hoping to hook up with others to bring about change.Sounds like breaking eggs with a stick time I already gave two potential supporters.

The only way to bring about change is from within. er, no it isn'tTo that end I'll also be going to see our new MP if, as I  expect, the town votes Labour. and if it doesn't?

Several years of nonsense like PHF surely Labour?and much noise from this forum you're part of the noise, so why not have an extended break if it offends you so muchthe company not thing that has been achieved is a Tory who has been bought off by Labour and allowed to feather his own nest and a group of moronic UKIP councillors. Go on, tell me I've got that wrong.So what does that say about Labour if your assertions are correct?
What can be asserted without proof,
can be dismissed without proof.

steveL

You've got that wrong.

In case you hadn't noticed, the UK is not a one party state. This peculiar idea you have that when things go wrong with Labour the answer is to join Labour and out-vote the wrongdoers but the party must go on -  is fanciful and unbelievably arrogant.

The way it works bonnie lad, is that when a political group becomes corrupt and shows contempt for the people then it gets thrown out of office and left in the wilderness for a while to sort itself out.

p.s. If the Independents are so ineffective, why do the local Labour Group spend the whole of their pre-agenda meeting worrying about what they may say in council?

Diplomacy is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

Inspector Knacker

Looks like it's a case of if the medicine doesn't work, try it in a new bottle. The medicine remains the same however.

fred c

"Several years of nonsense like PHF and much noise from this forum".   Oh Really, all I can say about that is, thank f**k for that, if it wasn't for the noise from, and the contributions of those PHF, the Indie councillors and The Post, I dread to think where this town would be.

Manor Residents would still be operating, with the likelyhood of several more millions of pounds disappearing into the secret squirrel hideaways of the usual suspects, we wouldn't have seen the Cafe in the Crem close, and the Carpetgate scandal would have been swept under the carpet without a hint of the £60k being wasted.

I suppose I could expand the list considerably, but I believe users of the post are fully conversant with the sterling work done by the people who have used the post to bring to the the publics notice exactly what this dysfunctional ruling group have been up to.

As an aside, 2 talented and knowledgeable Labour councillors tried to change the status quo....... including, sticking out to 'Keep Public Questions' in the Constitution......... they were both vilified and ostracised by the people SD is hoping to remove........ good luck with that pipedream  ;)

Inspector Knacker

I'm fascinated at SD's implication that the Labour Party  isn't one Party, but apparently a number of mini Party's that deny any relationship with fellow members. Not so much a party of equality but an Upstairs Downstairs Party looking sniffly at each other. Is there bad blood between the 'Parish  pump windbag faction' and the 'Swanko del Posh Sniffy faction. We should be told.

mk1

Quote from: Riddler5 on May 04, 2017, 04: PM
I'm fascinated at SD's implication that the Labour Party  isn't one Party, but apparently a number of mini Party's that deny any relationship with fellow members. Not so much a party of equality but an Upstairs Downstairs Party looking sniffly at each other. Is there bad blood between the 'Parish  pump windbag faction' and the 'Swanko del Posh Sniffy faction. We should be told.

Anyone with half a brain could infiltrate and take over any local political party. Just get your friends to join the party slowly and within a couple of years you can outvote the others and appoint yourself Lord and Master, The SCABs have Mammy in tow and I bet other family members are just waiting for the right seat to come up.  The Wells family is the local Tory Party. I am sure Mandelson explained all this to the SCABs when they were taking poppers together. You only need about 30 drones and you can set about changing the rules. whenever you fancy it.

Inspector Knacker

This lot rose without trace. Any constituency of any  party can be quickly infiltrated. The best antidote is the vigilance of the national party over what's going on a t local levels, because an unpopular local party can do torpedo their candidate regardless of their candidates talents.

Shepherd

Anyone with half a brain could infiltrate and take over any local political party. Just get your friends to join the party slowly and within a couple of years you can outvote the others and appoint yourself Lord and Master. I am sure Mandelson explained all this to the SCABs when they were taking poppers together.

Classic observation, they served their apprenticeships well but Mandy must have though "what on earth am I working with here"!

Anyone remeber GBH - written by Alan Bleasdale's its showed exactly how the local labour party was taken over by extremists???

Could CAB be the hapless Michael Murray? It did not go well for him in the end!

mk1

Quote from: Shepherd on May 04, 2017, 05: PM
they served their apprenticeships well but Mandy must have though "what on earth am I working with here"!

The usual male weakness-Mandelson was not thinking with his brain but (at the time) being led by something else
SAB wasn't a porker then and he looked half-human

ReturntoZenda

Riddler, are you joking? Look at the turnout in council elections. What would you do about those results?
if your lot got their house in order and sorted the idiots in the kremlin that are doing the damage it would be a one horse race
simple

My lot? I say steady on old chap. I'm a member of the Labour Party. I have no connection with Hartlepool branch.

I agree the Labour councillors running the town are inept. When I manage to join the Hartlepool branch I can promise you I'll be hoping to hook up with others to bring about change. I already gave two potential supporters.

The only way to bring about change is from within. To that end I'll also be going to see our new MP if, as I  expect, the town votes Labour.

Several years of nonsense like PHF and much noise from this forum, the company not thing that has been achieved is a Tory who has been bought off by Labour and allowed to feather his own nest and a group of moronic UKIP councillors. Go on, tell me I've got that wrong.

I would say that's and incredible way of looking at things, but by the standards of many Labour Party members, it's about par for the course.  No wonder Labour are going to be humiliated on a national level on June 8th; anyone reminding them of the utter clusterf*ck of their last sojourn in power is simply told "Aaah, you see that was a different Labour party.  Virtually Tories that last lot.  Vote for this 'new improved' Labour party ad everything will be fine.  Honest Guv".  Make no mistake - any local Labour member who has sat on their hands while this bunch of corrupt b@stards has taken the p**s out of this town is complicit to the hilt.  No ifs, no buts....

akarjl

Quote from: ReturntoZenda on May 04, 2017, 06: PM
simple

I would say that's and incredible way of looking at things, but by the standards of many Labour Party members, it's about par for the course.  No wonder Labour are going to be humiliated on a national level on June 8th; anyone reminding them of the utter clusterf*ck of their last sojourn in power is simply told "Aaah, you see that was a different Labour party.  Virtually Tories that last lot.  Vote for this 'new improved' Labour party ad everything will be fine.  Honest Guv".  Make no mistake - any local Labour member who has sat on their hands while this bunch of corrupt b@stards has taken the p**s out of this town is complicit to the hilt.  No ifs, no buts....

Post of the year! Labour does not exist in Hartlepool - Scabinism does.

Land Phil

I am getting the impression the count will be done by ten past.

birdie

I am not sure if  I heard correctly today but I thought the media was supposed to be impartial on an election day. I have just had a look at the Hartlepool Mail on line and there are 5 photos of Sue Jeffrey encouraging people to vote for her to become the Metro Mayor, there does not appear to be any photos of the other candidates. Is this another example of the Mail's impartiality?  Well today I did something new for me I handed in a spoilt ballot paper (it was a postal vote but I do not trust the system these days) With this election O felt the only choice I had was  to spoil the voting slip or use it to line the budgies' cage'

mk1

Quote from: birdie on May 04, 2017, 09: PM
I am not sure if  I heard correctly today but I thought the media was supposed to be impartial on an election day.
Adds are paid for and can be run anywhere as long as they clearly say they are adds. As always those with the deepest pockets get the most publicity. If The Communist Locomotive Factory 45c in Minsk had the cash they could buy a spot in the Mail.