Vote 'None of the Above'

Started by Paul Thompson, May 02, 2017, 09: PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Paul Thompson

Feel free to share and post as your own status ! Let's be heard !

Paul Thompson

I am a postal voter so did mine last week

Land Phil

It is a disaster that is going to happen.

My urge is to vote against Labour but I can't choose one of the others even out of protest.

Lord Elpus

In this situation spoiling one's ballot paper is the only option. mine won't be as polite as Paul's but they will understand the sentiment behind it.

Inspector Knacker

If there's an embarrassingly low turnout what mandate do they have? It's amazing how many people either know nothing about it it or think it's something going on in Middlesbrough. Unaware that their own council has gift wrapped a whole series of powers and sent them south of the river, leaving us with the powers of a parish council.
What can be asserted without proof,
can be dismissed without proof.

Steely Dan

Riddler, are you joking? Look at the turnout in council elections. What would you do about those results?

kevplumb

Quote from: Steely Dan on May 03, 2017, 07: AM
Riddler, are you joking? Look at the turnout in council elections. What would you do about those results?
if your lot got their house in order and sorted the idiots in the kremlin that are doing the damage it would be a one horse race
simple
A councillor is an elected representative of their ward, not their political party!
Councils need communities but communities don't need councils
Party politics have no place in local goverment

pieface

Agree with a none of the above type postal "vote". It's just an excuse for them to get paid more in expenses and waste money on other visions.

Inspector Knacker

Quote from: Steely Dan on May 03, 2017, 07: AM
No, simply asking a very valid question. We are saddled with the dross running the town now because of voter apathy. I suspect this particular bore fest will have an even lower than normal turnout, apart that is, from those hot spots of political fervour where 'older people congregate'.
It's like the weather, you can't do a thing about it, except the weather has its good days. That said, give then candidates instead of party windbags and one day a miracle will happen.
'None of the above' then.
What can be asserted without proof,
can be dismissed without proof.

Lord Elpus

Just been to vote, spoilt my ballot paper.

fred c

There's an article in The Mail about todays Elections, Peter Devlin the Borough Solicitors is urging Hartlepool Residents to get out and Vote.

crisstw

This was the mobile version of the mail website this morning... vote labour much?

Lucy Lass-Tick

Turnout looks exceptionally low - just been to vote in the H & H by-election (& spoil the vote for the mayoral one) - by 10.30 there had been eight voters!

not4me

Quote from: fred c on May 04, 2017, 09: AM
There's an article in The Mail about todays Elections, Peter Devlin the Borough Solicitors is urging Hartlepool Residents to get out and Vote.

A response to the banner running of the front page of The Post I should guess.

akarjl

Quote from: Lord Elpus on May 04, 2017, 07: AM
Just been to vote, spoilt my ballot paper.

Same this could be interesting.....