Mystery Medals

Started by ashamedtobebritish, June 18, 2016, 05: PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ashamedtobebritish

As there will be many in the town scratching their heads as to wondering why Stephen Ackers Belcher is wearing 2 medals on his jacket, I feel its appropriate to set the record straight and inform people of what these were earned for.

The one closest to the left was his Dinner Medal, in service to the fact he never slopped anything down his shirt, earned to anyone who has eaten Spaghetti Bolognaise with a white shirt on, it takes exceptional courage and skill to prevent excessive sloppages, the medal is rightly earned.

The second is the most interesting one and is worth noting that it was originally cast in brown, for exceptional service to brown nosing, and exceptional liarness in public office, awarded only recently when he got the boot from Newcastle City Council for lying through his back teeth claiming vulnerable adults were being neglected, when infact he was away with his partner on a sunny trip out to Portsmouth probably securing the same contract that the Royal Navy now have for the Museum in Hartlepool.

In fairness the medals are deservedly earned.

The guy keeps this up hes well on his way to a knighthood, with all the rest of the corrupt little oafs

Well except for Tim Peake who really does deserve one for his genuine hard graft and dedication.

Lucy Lass-Tick

Oh - and there's me thinking that they were those foil-covered chocolate coins ...

Shepherd

This is a bit of a development.

My understanding is medals worn of the left are for millitary service, VC, MC etc

Those on the right for civic service. GC, GM etc.

You can wear your mothers or fathers military medals and even march with them on Remembrance Day but you would have to wear them on the right because they are not yours.

So what is this clown actually wearing, milk monitor badge, egg boiler rampant medal, 1,000 & 2,000 lies told in chambers achievement medal.

Maybe we will see him featured on Walter Mitty Hunters FB page, they "out" pretend soldiers, or Cumpers as they are know. SAB the Cumper, there is a new one!

mk1

Where/when was the event and what site did you grab them from?

DRiddle

It's an interesting photo. I was there today, there was a Royal Navy commando who had NO medals whatsoever, a Royal Navy chap who had toured Afghanistan who had ONE. . . And SAB who had TWO medals. Presumably they were awarded for services to Manor Residents Association and For valliant use of council photocopying facilities.

Johnny Bongo

One is the George medal....that's from Uncle George from the Chipper Club.....apparently, Steve managed to colour some pictures in and sent them to the Mail!  The second one is the Victoria cross....Steve managed to cross Victoria road unaided, to see Chris at Healthwatch!

steveL

My money is on 100 metres breast stroke for one of them
Diplomacy is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

BresslawoffoftheBunker

Can anyone find out what they actually are ?

Land Phil

Struggling to find a match using Google, nearest I have got is Jim Fixed It For Me medal and soap on a rope for the other one.

I also remember Cranny turning up at Hartlepool Music Festival with a chorister 'medal' around his neck. Voice of an angel I am sure.

Bunch of pretenders and fantasists.

DRiddle

QuoteCan anyone find out what they actually are ?

I imagine you get some sort of medal to commemorate being mayor or something of that nature. I doubt there are many ex-mayors who actually wear them, especially at the military related event, but anyway, nothing surprises me with that man.

As for the photo itself, it made me laugh more because of the expression on his face. If anyone remembers the TV show 'Bottom' staring Rik Mayall and Adrian Edmondson, SAB has somehow managed to pull off a situation where he looks like BOTH of them at once. . .

akarjl

Quote from: Land Phil on June 20, 2016, 07: AM
Jim Fixed It For Me medal and soap on a rope for the other one.

LMAO :) I would love to see a reporter with some B*lls ask him publicly  who gave him the medal and what for.

Google
QuoteVeterans call them "Walt medals" - as in the fictional fantasist Walter Mitty - and keep an eye out for unawarded decorations worn at military occasions.

fred c

Maybe you get a Medal for being a Numpty & 2 if your a complete Numpty ?

BresslawoffoftheBunker

I have emailed Mr Akers-Belcher for clarification. I'm the meanwhile it may be prudent to cut the insults and await a reply.

steveL

yea right....let's hope it takes a bit less time than the 14 month investigation into his behaviour.We'll respect him as a councillor when he starts to respect the role of a councillor.
Diplomacy is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.