Manor House West and the £77,000 Loss

Started by steveL, March 01, 2016, 12: PM

Previous topic - Next topic

steveL

Here's something to think about as you're opening your new council tax demands.

Manor House West has been subject to several fires over the last few years and in one of the Mail reports on one such fire SAB was quoted saying,'something should be done about it." Well, as we approach SAB's re-election campaign, it looks like his mates are coming to the rescue with a £77,000 donation.

HBC is planning to buy the building at a market value of £137,000. It's reckoned that it would take another £25,000 to put it back in order - but here's the crunch. They then plan to sell it, in a back-to-back sale to the guy who owns the next door property, Mark Garry of Gateshead, for £60,000. HBC acknowledges that this represents a straight loss of £77,000 but then it's a bit more actually, because HBC has kindly agreed to pay all the legal costs too.

So what happens then?

The guy then flattens both properties and builds new houses on the land making a killing in the process.

What does HBC get out of this? Well I believe the election leaflet telling everyone how SAB has successfully tackled the problem has already gone to print. The eventual bill will be spread across the council tax bills of several thousand citizens and, according to the council's PR Department, will amount to less than 3p a week for residents. (OK I made that last bit up)

Obviously, they don't want anyone to know about this - so don't tell anyone  ::)

https://www.duedil.com/director/911416368/mark-garry
Diplomacy is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

marky

Don't see any way how this deal could be of benefit to the council. Why didn't they just sort something out with Thirteen like they usually do? At least that way the council would still own the property as an asset. The developer must think he's won the lotto  :o

Lord Elpus

Quote from: marky on March 01, 2016, 04: PM
Don't see any way how this deal could be of benefit to the council. Why didn't they just sort something out with Thirteen like they usually do? At least that way the council would still own the property as an asset. The developer must think he's won the lotto  :o

Perhaps some local Property Developer/failed business man might be bringing people together for mutual benefit and a consideration.  The whole thing stinks to high heaven.

fred c

Just a thought, instead of going to the bother of buying the place, why don`t they just give the £77,000 to the bloke next door, it might say a few bob on the legal fees  ::) ::) ::)

Pink Paper anyone  ;)

ashamedtobebritish

Quote from: steveL on March 01, 2016, 12: PM
Here's something to think about as you're opening your new council tax demands.

Manor House West has been subject to several fires over the last few years and in one of the Mail reports on one such fire SAB was quoted saying,'something should be done about it." Well, as we approach SAB's re-election campaign, it looks like his mates are coming to the rescue with a £77,000 donation.

HBC is planning to buy the building at a market value of £137,000. It's reckoned that it would take another £25,000 to put it back in order - but here's the crunch. They then plan to sell it, in a back-to-back sale to the guy who owns the next door property, Mark Garry of Gateshead, for £60,000. HBC acknowledges that this represents a straight loss of £77,000 but then it's a bit more actually, because HBC has kindly agreed to pay all the legal costs too.

So what happens then?

The guy then flattens both properties and builds new houses on the land making a killing in the process.

What does HBC get out of this? Well I believe the election leaflet telling everyone how SAB has successfully tackled the problem has already gone to print. The eventual bill will be spread across the council tax bills of several thousand citizens and, according to the council's PR Department, will amount to less than 3p a week for residents. (OK I made that last bit up)

Obviously, they don't want anyone to know about this - so don't tell anyone  ::)

https://www.duedil.com/director/911416368/mark-garry

This has "corruption" written all over it, and a prime example of misappropriation of tax payers money, My opinion is if a Local Authority buys an asset with tax payers money then sells it for an incredible loss to a business that in my view is looking slightly on the "dodgey" side wants looking into immediately, I bet my life savings the "leisure" businesses are related somewhere along the lines to half a dozen bars located in Church Street, the same cr@p hole that is supposed to be getting funding to be done up.

The loosers here again are the tax payer

There's the 3.9% increase spent again this year

fred c

When asked if the council were going to purchase Manor House West, CAB replied No......he then mentioned something about it being in the hands of the Director of Regeneration..... His reply was a trifle indistinct, the sound system is still very poor.

steveL

This is what he's put on his Twitter account:

"A proposal was presented to the Finance and Policy Committee exploring the possibility to purchase the Manor House West property as part of an overall regeneration scheme. This proposal was rejected as Members would not accept any proposal that would be a cost to the public purse."

In other words: "s**t...we've been rumbled"
Diplomacy is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

The Great Dictator

Why is Mark Garry involved in this transaction ?

craig finton

"Damien has been Assistant Director of Regeneration at Hartlepool Council since 2010, and has wide local authority experience, having previously worked at Gosport, Dumfries & Galloway, Bath & North East Somerset, Kennet, North Tyneside and Gateshead councils."

"....... the guy who owns the next door property, Mark Garry of Gateshead,"

coincidence obviously

not4me

There's more to this I'm sure. I doubt if we've heard the last of it.

Alnwickist

Damien has been Assistant Director of Regeneration at Hartlepool Council since 2010. In this department also worked a Steve Bell. who left to work for Tellfordtry, who tendered and bought the friary site. Sale dealt with by Damion Wilson.Mr Bell then joined a subsidiary of Tellfordtry, 13 Group who applied for housing on the site.
Then on the launch day of the Vision Mr Bell reappears again as the new Business Development manager At Gus Robinsons.Mail didn't print that storey.

seaton

Quote from: Alnwickist on March 03, 2016, 11: AM
Damien has been Assistant Director of Regeneration at Hartlepool Council since 2010. In this department also worked a Steve Bell. who left to work for Tellfordtry, who tendered and bought the friary site. Sale dealt with by Damion Wilson.Mr Bell then joined a subsidiary of Tellfordtry, 13 Group who applied for housing on the site.
Then on the launch day of the Vision Mr Bell reappears again as the new Business Development manager At Gus Robinsons.Mail didn't print that storey.

Don't you know The Mail don't do 'investigative journalism', just 'copy and paste'from other newspapers !

crisstw

Quote from: seaton on March 03, 2016, 01: PM
Quote from: Alnwickist on March 03, 2016, 11: AM

Don't you know The Mail don't do 'investigative journalism', just 'copy and paste'from other newspapers !

or from HBC Press Releases...

Alnwickist

Point being Wilson was in charge of all sale arrangements, tenders to completion.In this the Belchers failed to disclose interest at the planning stage, CAB being a Trustee of Henrys Smiths.
It was also Wilson who confirmed that there no reason that HBC could not sell the Lodge in Ward Jackson Park, stating there were no deeds, which mysteriously appeared the day before it went to planning.Funny old world.

col87

I have it confirmed that ongoing confidential negotiations are happening over Manor West