Forget the visions; we're into hallucinations now

Started by steveL, January 02, 2016, 09: AM

Previous topic - Next topic

steveL

Classic Hartlepool Council Press Release faithfully reproduced by The Snail. Not only is there no meat on the bone of this story but there doesn't appear to be any bone either. Forget the visions; we're into hallucinations now.

The Snail really is a disgrace.

Forget the visions; we're into hallucinations now.
Diplomacy is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

seaton

A concert to celebrate Dock Rock, celebrate a flop ?

Land Phil

The Mail must be close to closing.
Sad to say, but I think it would be good for the town when it does.

testing times

The regularity of these empty announcements is becoming comical.

fred c

Quote from: testing times on January 02, 2016, 09: AM
The regularity of these empty announcements is becoming comical.

Comical........ Or Pitiful  :) :) :)

Alnwickist

Same old same old. 

MIGHT, POSSIBLY, COULD, MAYBE , EARLY STAGES. BLAH BLAH BLAH.

NON of this will happen this year,  re-elect us to make sure it never happens.

DRiddle

I think a STEM centre is a very good idea in theory. So much so in fact, I mentioned 3 years ago how important STEM was going to be to our region. See the 10th message down on here.

http://www.forum.hartlepoolpost.co.uk/index.php/topic,1192.msg14924.html#msg14924

The problem is of course, while Christopher is now talking about STEM 3 years after I did... 20 minutes by train over in Middlesbrough, they won a £20 million bid to build one 3 years ago.

Our young people can go there now, and do exactly the kind of things he's talking about.

How likely is it we'll see ANOTHER mutli million pound grant to build another STEM centre 20 minutes from an existing one?

Not very.

http://www.mbro.ac.uk/home/index/STEM/STEMcentre.aspx

He's not so much 'behind the wave'... he's missed the boat completely.

Darknessontheedgeoftown

craig finton

I'm confused. From Riddle's link the STEM Centre in Boro is some sort of training facility yet CAB and Alexander are talking about a 'tourist attraction'.

steveL

Jomast own Trincomalee Wharf and had a planning application in a few years ago to develop it. This included a 7 story hotel overlooking the Historic Quay, a waterfront bar and the building of flats on the green park next to the Olde West Quay pub. As I remember, it went through with the exception of building on the park and Piazza next to it.

It was a £30m development involving the sale of council and English Partnership land to Jomast. It was going to create hundred's of jobs, lead to an upsurge in tourism blah blah blah....... and as usual, it didn't happen.
Diplomacy is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

DRiddle

There is a difference between the centre in Middlesbrough and the ones CABS pulled out of thin air Criag. But my points still valid. The centre at Boro already works with young children and is geared up to do the kind of things he's talking about.

My main point is the government were taking bids to build various kinds of STEM centre around 3 to 4 years ago. Middlesbrough has theirs, Redcar gained funding for a STEM centre focused on oil and gas.

Various others places around the UK won real life physical money that you can actually spend and build real life centres along the STEM agenda.

Whilst they were doing that, we were busy funding Angie Wilcox to the tune of a million quid and spending money offsetting the bedroom tax.

Our authority is ran by an amateur who is unemployable in the real world and it shows week in week out.

not4me

Groundhog Day

"The proposal has been welcomed by Hartlepool Mayor Stuart Drummond, who said: "We have got a massive shortage of hotels in Hartlepool and certainly a shortage of good quality hotels. What Jomast has planned would be a great addition.

"I am just keen to see a spade in the ground and hopefully get it built before the start of the Tall Ships Race."

The plan, which is estimated as being in excess of 30m, will create hundreds of jobs during and after the construction.

Jomast Developments director Stuart Monk said: "The proposed development will completely transform this final stretch of waterfront at Jackson Dock and create a gateway to a vibrant and innovative marina community.

"Our vision for the site fully complements the regeneration that has already taken place at the marina and will add an exciting new dimension in time for the Tall Ships' Race in 2010."

Jomast bosses say the exact number of jobs likely to be created is difficult to quantify. But they add it will probably be several hundred jobs created both during and after the construction process.

However, they say that because there are plans to build hotels, retail outlets, business units and other facilities, there could possibly be the same amount again in the service industries once all the new facilities are up and running.

Read more: http://www.hartlepoolmail.co.uk/news/local/163-30m-marina-plans-unveiled-1-1024307#ixzz3w5vTrez3"

Alnwickist

Dont HBC own a building in King Oswy Drive that's been looted ?.

Alnwickist