Camera Car

Started by steveL, November 24, 2014, 10: AM

Previous topic - Next topic

steveL

Has anyone any idea why HBC appears to have back-tracked on its plans to scrap the camera car? I know some parents were unhappy with the plans but I haven't been aware of any concerted campaign to keep it.
Diplomacy is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

Lucy Lass-Tick

From today's Mail - 'A similar figure is expected at the end of the 2014/15 financial year, meaning the total raked in from fines since the car was launched will be more than £440,000.'

Pet projects to fund, egos to boost, legal fees to pay, money to burn?

ashamedtobebritish

I have a feeling it may have something to do with the £470,000 the Council are going to be Lightened with shortly paying Seaton Meadows legal fees.

Top that off with the money spent on the Tin Box Jacksons Landing and the fact that Labour Councillors cannot help spending Taxpayers money like its going out of fashion, I wouldnt be surprised if Hartlepool Borough Council gets in the National's shortly for going bankrupt.

Its certainly heading in that direction under its current leadership, and its Horrifying.

notenoughsaid

Just a general comment.......Could the fact that HBC are back tracking on the abandonment of the  Camera Car be linked to the plans to sell off car parks?  If they are to be placed in private ownership the sky is the limit. Therefore people may be tempted to take a risk if the Camera Car did infact disappear.   Just a thought. From what I read in the H/Pool Mail Mr. Stubbs appeared to  see them as a "cash Cow" however I am in favour of retention from a Road Safety point of view as most young car driving parents seem to feel they are more important than anybody else and drive horrendously  in the vicinity of schools, and for that matter elsewhere.Mr. Stubbs did mention this latter point. Lets wait and see.