Horse, Bolted, Barn Door etc .....

Started by steveL, June 17, 2014, 09: AM

Previous topic - Next topic

steveL

Horse, Bolted, Barn Door etc .....

"Hartlepool's Labour MP Iain Wright hit out at the ongoing delays.

"I think the whole process would be deemed farcical were it not so serious," he said.

"The issue is about the future of hospital services in our area but the Government has washed its hands of it."

Mr Wright said that, if it was not approved soon, the local NHS should scrap the Momentum programme, which has been transferring services away from the University Hospital of Hartlepool in favour of the University Hospital of North Tees."

http://www.gazettelive.co.uk/news/teesside-news/four-year-wait-new-hospital-7273708
Diplomacy is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

Tommy

Welcome to Hartlepool Mr Wright, so really what you are saying is that you acknowledge the scheme to close our hospital was wrong, and without holding your hands up and saying so, you and your Party Cllrs are the Knights in Shining Armour.

Some how I don't see PHF and Cllrs like Cllr Riddle will allow you to to steal what is rightfully their campaign, PHF have never given up the Hospital and to be honest if a turnaround for Hospital services in Hartlepool is apparent, the victory is rightly theirs on this one.

pensionater

Pensionater,

Nail, squarely, on the head.

mk1

In case no one has worked it out yet 0094994 is James Campbell

pensionater

So it wasn't to actually to save the hospital,it was to name and shame the Councillors.Two entirely different things.No mention at all about the graft Keith Fisher put in.So when you say you put aside political allegiances,you mean only with people of your choice.

Lord Elpus

12,000 leaflets were printed and delivered.

The Collaborators leaflet, led to Geoff Lilley being reported to HBC Standards board, yet again.

A Solicitor from London was employed to investigate the case at considerable expense (tax payer's money).  He found no fault on Geoff's part.

UKIP did help fund and deliver the leaflet. 

Probably the most effective involvement in saving hospital services came from Trevor Peel, Colin ..... Nigel Boddy and other Liberals, (most of who did not get on with Arthur Preece).  They best understood the root for legal challenge.  There was always a problem with groups working together and who should lead. 

Most of this happened when Jodie Dunn was standing against Shighty; once she lost the by-election the passion seemed to disappear.  Same applied to the 'Respect Party' involvement.

The Darzi report was much influenced by the Save Our Hospital group and if it had not been for SOH I doubt Darzi would have made those recommendations.

I attended the majority of SOH committee meetings and I can't remember ever seeing any UKIP involvement.  The last big march was organised by Jean Bassey, with the help of SOH.  It was her idea alone and she motivated lots of people to do something.   

one direction

Quote from: kipperdip on June 18, 2014, 09: AMIt seems only you are so prejudiced (against UKIP) that logic deserts you and that you feel compelled to deliberately misinterpret what I said - that's your problem, not mine.

Actually Kipperdip I don't think it's Pensionater's problem with UKIP that's the issue.

I think you are taking it too personally. I think you should spread your wings a bit, how about

It seems only you are so prejudiced (against anyone or anything that you don't agree with) that logic deserts you and that you feel compelled to deliberately misinterpret what anyone else says - that's how politics is played in this country and until things change it's everyone's problem.

Tommy

I may be getting a little out of my depth with this topic, so please bear with me.

Firstly Keith Fisher, I seen him in the paper a few times, however Cllr Riddle is picking up the litter he left behind, what I mean by that is that Cllr Riddle (PHF) is trying to claw back for the residents of his ward exactly what was due to them (the cash that wasn't spent 7 or 10k or something), this was not a Labour idea. Keith could have been a good person in highlighting the plight of the Hospital, however with him withholding rightful funds from residents is what sticks in my memory.

Geoff Lilley as a member of PHF and all the other PHF Cllrs will no doubt not rest on their recent election victory. There (in my opinion) is no better group of Cllrs than PHF, to continue the struggle to reviving Hartlepool's Hospital, unless local UKIP wish to push the issue too, if UKIP consider joining forces with PHF for a partnered approach, then maybe they could encourage Cllrs Brash and Cllr Thompson to do the same and I am sure that also Cllr Lauderdale would want it reviving too.

My original comments were really to say that Mr Wright and his party may be trying to appear to be the Knights in Shining Armour with this one (revival of the Hospital), as they tried to parachute Cllr Beck (a nice guy by my reckoning) in to take the credit for Cllr Riddles efforts in clawing back the ex Cllr Fishers blatant underspend of residents money.

I hope that makes sense, probably doesn't.

pensionater

Kipperdip when you read my interpretation of your post then Lord Helpus post where he says that of all the meetings he attended UKIP were not represented in any of them,i think my observations stand up. 

steveL

Diplomacy is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

Inspector Knacker

Quote from: steveL on June 18, 2014, 12: PM
There's a bit more on this story in today's Echo

http://www.thenorthernecho.co.uk/news/11284115.Health_Secretary_defends_hospital_delays/?ref=rss
In the article, Jeremy Hunt talks of popular public support for the project......who told him that.......?
What can be asserted without proof,
can be dismissed without proof.

Inspector Knacker

He stood by for years like a constipated Easter Island statue while services were put on a handcart and shipped out of town and advocated leaving it to the 'experts'.......now he's pushing for an answer.
Is it for services to be returned to Hartlepool...? No....he's asking primarily for funding for Wynyard. So it's safe to assume Wynyard is his preferred option. That being the case, it's logical to assume Jeremy Hunt thinks our MP represents the views of his constituents on the matter......... so is there popular public support for Wynyard...? ......and is he just refecting it...?
What can be asserted without proof,
can be dismissed without proof.

norfolkngoode

No particular support for a new hospital at Wynyard in my household.......

We were perfectly happy with the service at HGH......... And my wife was there a lot.

I have no idea who shighty is speaking up for, I dont know anyone who thinks a new hospital at Wynyard would be better than what we had.

He should never have let our hospital close before a new one was built.
'They don't like it up em'