The Town 'needs' a football team...........

Started by mk1, May 07, 2012, 03: PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Inspector Knacker

Whoa, hold it there, there was never any chance of this shrinking hospital ever being built in Hartlepool and to start talking as though it is, is dancing with the pixies.
What can be asserted without proof,
can be dismissed without proof.

notinshadow

Good point as it goes.

Ofcourse it never was going to be built, it has always been about transfering to N.T. and Hartlepool people (some) dying in the process.

Donkey Kong

Quote from: LookslikeTORYagain on May 08, 2012, 12: PM
Also some tin pot oil company, wouldn't be ripping the council tax payers of Hartlepool off big time.

Repeating the same message over and over again doesn't actually make it true you know.

notinshadow

Donkey Kong

Which bits not true

The bit that I quoted, regarding the "tin pot oil company" and "ripping off the council tax payers of Hartlepool".

For clarity, I'm pretty ambivalent about the potential deal as I think that the scheme as proposed would benefit the whole town both financially and aesthetically but I also think that the council retaining ownership of the football ground could safeguard the future of the football club if the current owners one day decided to walk away and sell the club to a chancer like has happened elsewhere with other football clubs (e.g. what would be on the site now if HUFC had owned the ground when Garry Gibson was the owner?).

not4me

Has anyone actually see these 'plans'. All I've heard so far are vague suggestions of what any plans 'may' include and then only when 'economic conditions are favourable.' What exactly would the council be voting on - a load of hot air by the look of it.

notinshadow

Quote from: Donkey Kong on May 08, 2012, 12: PM
Which bits not true

The bit that I quoted, regarding the "tin pot oil company" and "ripping off the council tax payers of Hartlepool".

They are and they are..so what's untrue about that!!

For clarity, I'm pretty ambivalent about the potential deal as I think that the scheme as proposed would benefit the whole town both financially and aesthetically
aesthetically yes..financially.. themselves not us.
but I also think that the council retaining ownership of the football ground could safeguard the future of the football club if the current owners one day decided to walk away and sell the club to a chancer like has happened elsewhere with other football clubs (e.g. what would be on the site now if HUFC had owned the ground when Garry Gibson was the owner?).

Let them buy it themselves and do as they please with it themselves..that's business.

Donkey Kong

Quote from: not4me on May 08, 2012, 02: PM
Has anyone actually see these 'plans'. All I've heard so far are vague suggestions of what any plans 'may' include and then only when 'economic conditions are favourable.' What exactly would the council be voting on - a load of hot air by the look of it.

The plans were published within a report a couple of months ago.  The report also contained details of how much HUFC would pay HBC if the plans were approved.  That's right, PAY, not a free gift like some people would try and have you believe.

notinshadow

Donkey Kong

Quote from: LookslikeTORYagain on May 08, 2012, 02: PM

How much would they pay?

A not unsubstantial sum, but nowhere near enough that would make you happy. 

I'm led to believe that the figure in the report was judged to be in the ballpark of a fair market value for the land based upon restrictive covenants and the like currently in place, but again, that probably won't make you happy either.

Donkey Kong

... is that doggy in the window,
the one with the waggly tail...

Stig of the Seaton Dump

There is no good reason for it to be secret, unless they wanted to rule out competitiveness.
I don't believe it.

Donkey Kong

Quote from: Stig of the Seaton Dump on May 08, 2012, 03: PM
There is no good reason for it to be secret, unless they wanted to rule out competitiveness.

Which part of, "published in a report" makes you think that there is any kind of secret? 

Are you on acid?