The Town 'needs' a football team...........

Started by mk1, May 07, 2012, 03: PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Inspector Knacker

Mk1 I agree with you on most things, but your attitude to Pools is becoming obsessive. I go and approve of the ground sale and while the excesses of the Premiership and it's financial shenanigans make my blood boil, Pools are hardly in the same league and undeserving of this constant sniping, is it necessary to pick away at every facet of the towns make up.....?
What can be asserted without proof,
can be dismissed without proof.

no6bus

Quote from: LookslikeTORYagain on May 07, 2012, 07: PM
Hi No6 nice to see you back..

When you say it was the council, would I be right in thinking the mayor had something to do with it.

The ex Hartlepool mascot of course.
according to some on this site, oh for example lets say mk1, the mayor hasnt got the intelligence to come up with a scheme like this, so lets imagine an outside agency thought the scheme up.
so is the general consensus that the land should stay as it is or should the scheme go ahead. ignoring the fact the football club would once obtaining the land improve the vic and create work locally to carry out the improvements

notinshadow

Lets let MK1 say his views rather than me, as I think he might be better at giving his views, than me giving his views.

My view is simple, very simple, let the Oil company buy the land and develope it how they see fit.

As for jobs, heard it all before mate, most recently with Able who employed all/most of the people from out of town.

mk1

Quote from: no6bus on May 07, 2012, 09: PM
according to some on this site, oh for example lets say mk1, the mayor hasnt got the intelligence to come up with a scheme like this, so lets imagine an outside agency thought the scheme up.

Like the outside agency who decided to put him up for Mayor you mean?

Sort of proves the point really. The man  only works when he has a hand stuck up his ar**.......

Quote from: no6bus on May 07, 2012, 09: PM

so is the general consensus that the land should stay as it is or should the scheme go ahead. ignoring the fact the football club would once obtaining the land improve the vic and create work locally to carry out the improvements

All that is being said is pay the proper price. This does not sit  well with those who  believe others  should finance their minority sport.
Let me spell it out.
Pay your way and stop asking for handouts.
The way  the 'jobs' angle is being played is really pathetic, there would not  be a moments hesitation in sacking the majority  if it was found  neccessary.

mk1

Quote from: Riddler5 on May 07, 2012, 09: PM
the excesses of the Premiership and it's financial shenanigans make my blood boil, Pools are hardly in the same league and undeserving of this constant sniping, is it necessary to pick away at every facet of the towns make up.....?

Is not the aim to get into that League and thus become one of those abusive clubs?
Football is a game rife with greed/corruption and arrogant players. We even have managers convincing 12 otherwise sane people they could not remember putting half a million quid  in his dogs name!
Rotten to the core and though I liked Brian Clough he was also the recipient of a suitcase full of cash at a motorway service station. Revie (statue or no statue) was the true face of the game, nothing mattered to him but cash and winning by any means, fair or foul.
Ethics in football-where?
The fate of Darlington proves it is  rotten from the bottom up and not just from the top.

Stig of the Seaton Dump

Football is such a niche sport in Hartlepool, is it worth all the debate.
I imagine there are more 'fans' of Bingo in this town.
I don't believe it.

Inspector Knacker

Quote from: mk1 on May 07, 2012, 10: PM
Quote from: Riddler5 on May 07, 2012, 09: PM
the excesses of the Premiership and it's financial shenanigans make my blood boil, Pools are hardly in the same league and undeserving of this constant sniping, is it necessary to pick away at every facet of the towns make up.....?

Is not the aim to get into that League and thus become one of those abusive clubs?
Football is a game rife with greed/corruption and arrogant players. We even have managers convincing 12 otherwise sane people they could not remember putting half a million quid  in his dogs name!
Rotten to the core and though I liked Brian Clough he was also the recipient of a suitcase full of cash at a motorway service station. Revie (statue or no statue) was the true face of the game, nothing mattered to him but cash and winning by any means, fair or foul.
Ethics in football-where?
The fate of Darlington proves it is  rotten from the bottom up and not just from the top.
If I wanted  to support a club who were in the Premiership, I'd simply join all the other clowns in a Man U shirt and watch it on the big screen in a pub or club, these are the people financing the Premiership through their subscriptions and will probably have never been to a football ground in their lives.
There are plenty of things in this town that need sorting, Pools isn't one of them

no6bus

to be honest i am on the point of giving up debating the point regarding pools, some most noticibly mk1 are so anti pools that if they donated a £1000 to each person in the town he would twist it wasnt £2000 so there is no sense in trying to reason with them. hopefully the people who matter ie the elected representatives of the town will have the sense to pass these proposals when they are discussed in council.

Stig of the Seaton Dump

I'll happily take £1000.  Won't quite buy me  bus of my own but it is a start.
I don't believe it.

notinshadow

Quote from: no6bus on May 08, 2012, 07: AM
to be honest i am on the point of giving up debating the point regarding pools, some most noticibly mk1 are so anti pools that if they donated a £1000 to each person in the town he would twist it wasnt £2000 so there is no sense in trying to reason with them. hopefully the people who matter ie the elected representatives of the town will have the sense to pass these proposals when they are discussed in council.

I am not anti Pools far from it, they are the second result I look for every week.

But why should an oil company be given the land?? then rely on us to pay for it and not only the ground but all the land around it.

If you owned the land would you give it to them I think not.

no6bus

but the club isnt getting all the land round it, i believe it is a area at the back of the rink end and alongside the millhouse stand the rest will be used to build the student accomodation and whatever else is planned.

Stig of the Seaton Dump

The council tax payers of Hartlepool should benefit from the sale of the land not matter who ends up with it.

Student accommodation is as much as business as anything else.

How popular would it be to offer the land for free to the PCT if they build a new super hospital there ?
I don't believe it.

Inspector Knacker

Quote from: Stig of the Seaton Dump on May 08, 2012, 11: AM

How popular would it be to offer the land for free to the PCT if they build a new super hospital there ?
There's more chance of you taking part in an orgy dressed as a zebra with two Kangaroos and a bisexual Koala in Buckingham Palace forecourt.

Stig of the Seaton Dump

It might have 0 to no chance of being taken up but it would show that Hartlepool council is listening to it's people and trying to make an effort.

It would move the spotlight more to the PCT if the offer was made as they would have to justify not accepting the land and potentially saving
8-10 million in what the Wynyard site cost.
I don't believe it.

notinshadow

The site wouldn't be big enough but I would love the idea..

What's the difference..

One is for the enjoyment of some of the people and the other is needed for the people and in my book that is the difference.

Also some tin pot oil company, wouldn't be ripping the council tax payers of Hartlepool off big time.