The Town 'needs' a football team...........

Started by mk1, May 07, 2012, 03: PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mk1

I wonder if the recent troubles at Darlington give the lie to the claim that the image of Hartlepool would suffer if the football team were not gifted the ground.
Now I am not saying Darlington (the town) is better off than us but does anyone  really believe they have been disadvantaged by the downfall of the team?
I think not and the claims about 'putting Hartlepool on the map' are a smokescreen for yet   another group demanding a handout because they don't want to pay the full price for their hobby.

More to the point the actions of the club owners show that when push comes to shove money is the  priority not the fans.

no6bus

you really dont like hartlepool united do you.
what has upset you today the positive feedback coming hartlepools way following the smurf invasion of london on saturday or are you simply a miserable bugger  ::)

Ryehill

A football league club is essential to a town like Hartlepool. The feel good factor when the team is successful is worth it .  Remember the visit to Cardiff. The whole town got a lift, and why did clubs like Stevenage ,Crawley and Wycombe bust a gut to get into the football league?
               I hope that the negotiations for the ground sale are quickly finalised to the satisfaction of both parties.

no6bus

it will never meet mk1's satisfaction if his insightful thoughts on here regarding anything hartlepool united are anything to go by. you have got to accept some people just cant see the wood for the trees.

Julie noted

Oh no, not another football thread that will run and run and run and.....................

3000 posts later you will STILL be arguing about it. Yawn.  :P

I'm gonna emigrate when the Olympics start  :'(

I'll get the girls to come on here and post interminably about clothes, poor selection of bra sizes in the town, shoes, handbags and the need of a Debenham's for Hartlepool.  8)

What does Lucy lastic think?

notinshadow

The town needs a football team and a good one that can score goals this season would have been helpful.

My point is that the club should not be given all the ground and the land free of charge..

They seem to make out that the club will be great if they get the land and it will all be rosey in the garden if they get it..I also don't agree with that.

mk1

Quote from: no6bus on May 07, 2012, 03: PM

I have no great care either way. Meaning if they stay I am not interested and if they go I don't care.
What bothers me is that people who spend all day in a pub boozing on Saturday can't be arsed to  forgo a couple of pints and give that money to their club.
They want me to pay for their obsession.

what has upset you today the positive feedback coming hartlepools way following the smurf invasion of london on saturday or are you simply a miserable bugger  ::)

Ah yes the great 'positive feed back' that will result in ................what?
Do you think some banker saw that lot and suddenly said 'I am going to build a new factory there with jobs for 1000 people' or will he smile and continue his journey?
It matches the great fuss 'you' made of the man who had a heart attack on the pitch. Football supporters everywhere congratulated themselves and said 'see it proves we are sensitive caring human beings' as if that was not the normal reaction to the event. It is a sad day when your proudest boast is you are not inhuman.
Crowds of strangely dressed people in London are not that uncommon. The  hordes of Hari Krishnas marching up and down Oxford Street don't seem to have garnered much support  for thir movement!
Incidently I spent a good 10 years paying for my sons Pools obsession and I suspect my family input to the club greatly exceeds yours so forgive me if put you in the corner marked 'saddo with no  life outside football'.

mk1

Quote from: LookslikeTORYagain on May 07, 2012, 05: PM

They seem to make out that the club will be great if they get the land and it will all be rosey in the garden if they get it..I also don't agree with that.

Just like the Darlo supporters when George moved in.
Look where it got them!

mk1

Quote from: no6bus on May 07, 2012, 04: PM
you have got to accept some people just cant see the wood for the trees.

Perish the thought you might be the  biased one here. I mean it is obvious you don't care either way.......... .................

no6bus

oh contraire, i see a set of plans that will regenerate the mill house area and make it a lot better than it currently is including the odeon building. it wasnt the football club who suggested these plans it was the council.

no6bus

Quote from: mk1 on May 07, 2012, 06: PM

I have no great care either way. Meaning if they stay I am not interested and if they go I don't care.
What bothers me is that people who spend all day in a pub boozing on Saturday can't be ar**d to  forgo a couple of pints and give that money to their club.
They want me to pay for their obsession.
think the ones in the pub all day are the glory supporters of premier league clubs wanting to watch their chosen team without actually going to the ground to see them. i would be very surprised if any pools fans are in there when pools are at home

Ah yes the great 'positive feed back' that will result in ................what?
Do you think some banker saw that lot and suddenly said 'I am going to build a new factory there with jobs for 1000 people' or will he smile and continue his journey?
It matches the great fuss 'you' made of the man who had a heart attack on the pitch. Football supporters everywhere congratulated themselves and said 'see it proves we are sensitive caring human beings' as if that was not the normal reaction to the event. It is a sad day when your proudest boast is you are not inhuman.
Crowds of strangely dressed people in London are not that uncommon. The  hordes of Hari Krishnas marching up and down Oxford Street don't seem to have garnered much support  for thir movement!
Incidently I spent a good 10 years paying for my sons Pools obsession and I suspect my family input to the club greatly exceeds yours so forgive me if put you in the corner marked 'saddo with no  life outside football'.

mk1

Quote from: no6bus on May 07, 2012, 06: PM
oh contraire, i see a set of plans that will regenerate the mill house area and make it a lot better than it currently is including the odeon building. it wasnt the football club who suggested these plans it was the council.

I remember it when it was 'The Tipps'

Then they said they would  build a Swimming Pool and 'regenerate the area'.
The they built an indoor Bowls Arena to 'regenerate the area.
The they built a kids play area to 'regenerate the area'

Did it work?

notinshadow

Hi No6 nice to see you back..

When you say it was the council, would I be right in thinking the mayor had something to do with it.

The ex Hartlepool mascot of course.

Lucy Lass-Tick

Quote from: Julie noted on May 07, 2012, 05: PM
Oh no, not another football thread that will run and run and run and.....................

3000 posts later you will STILL be arguing about it. Yawn.  :P

I'm gonna emigrate when the Olympics start  :'(

I'll get the girls to come on here and post interminably about clothes, poor selection of bra sizes in the town, shoes, handbags and the need of a Debenham's for Hartlepool.  8)

What does Lucy lastic think?

Totally with you on that one Julie - to me football is 22 grown men fighting over one ball - (ducks for cover)!   ;)

Anyway, to keep this thread on a much more important level, you're absolutely right about the poor selection of shops for us of the fairer sex - maybe subsidies should be offered to attract better 'retail therapy'  8)

I'd opt for Russell & Bromley and Monsoon! Oh, and I can't buy my favourite scent without going to John Lewis, the nearest of which is Eldon Square...thinking about it we don't have a Waterstones... :'(

mk1

Quote from: Lucy Lass-Tick on May 07, 2012, 07: PM
thinking about it we don't have a Waterstones... ;)

Getting back to football (and Waterstones) read a very telling  observation in a newspaper over the weekend. The reporter tells of a football player who, whilst on a coach travelling to a fixture, flicked through a Jeffrey Archer book. His team mates saw this and he was forever after refered to as the 'the professor'.

Very revealing of the mind-set!