Pickles looks set to ban parking enforcement camera cars

Started by SRMoore, September 27, 2013, 11: AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SRMoore

marky

It's becoming the norm for the parties to use their conferences to drip feed populist policies to the public but if this is the best the Tories can offer this time arouind then they need a re-think

pensionater

Surely camera cars save money as it will stop disputes going to court if there is a picture of the offending vehicle.People call them cash cows but the money must go back into the community somehow.This is just Pickles throwing his incredible weight about again.

The Great Dictator

Pickles is right, these cars are just here for money and serve no purpose. They rely on fear for success, there's no harm in stopping a car in a bus stop as long as there is no bus in it.

Land Phil

If the camera car made a difference the council would be hailing the success of it saying 'x' lives have been saved by it's introduction.

I am a firm believer in the phrase, laws are for the obeyance of fools and guidance of wise men.

I mean, who gets hurt if you park outside a school during the summer holidays, or drop somebody off at a bus stop that is not in service ?

Driving at 35 in a 30 might be illegal but it is nothing compared to driving at 25 in a 30 without concentrating on the road.

not4me

In a world made up of reasonable people you would probably be right but there are more ars*h**es on the road now than ever more, people who don't give a toss about anyone else - and that's why you need 'parking' cars and speed cameras.  It's just a shame that everyone else has to suffer too.

grim reaper

Land Phil & not4me have hit the nail on the head.
It's a common sense approach that is reqd., not the hammer to crack a nutshell attitude of HBC.
Where's the issue in dropping someone off adjacent to a school in the school holidays;
or spending 7 seconds dropping someone off at a taxi rank or disused bus stop?
It simply is a money earner, nothing more...nothing less.

However, it is different if the driver vacates the vehicle, then he is pushing his luck!

no6bus

Quote from: The Great Dictator on September 27, 2013, 05: PM
Pickles is right, these cars are just here for money and serve no purpose. They rely on fear for success, there's no harm in stopping a car in a bus stop as long as there is no bus in it.
So you park in a bus stop and just nip in for a paper, in the meantime a bus pulls up with a wheelchair or buggy on and they can't get off because you have blocked the raised kerb, but that's ok because the bus wasn't there when you arrived. Really or are you just being stupid because it's Friday !

mk1

Aberystwyth found itself without parking restrictions for a year and the motorists 'just popping in for a paper' caused chaos in the town.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2152638/Aberystwyth-lifts-traffic-warden-ban-time-Jubilee-free-chaos.html

I am afraid their is no greater whiner than the motorist who believes he has the divine right to  park no more than 3 feet from his favourite sausage roll shop................

seaton

Why is it when some people get behind the wheel of a car a brain cell seems to have been removed and they appear to think can do what they like.In general parking restrictions are there for safety, outside schools etc. The worst offenders used to ibe n Grange Road outside a Nursery, more so woman who would park as near as they could to the entrance on the Yellow Lines causing chaos and also near a junction, Linden Grove,no regards for safety whatsoever.
The worst offenders are outside Tesco`s who blatantly park on the double yellow lines. A colleague complained to the managemnt who replied Tesco did not want to lose their custom, an accident waiting to happen, like wise people who park in Disabled Bays and Mother and Child Bays. if you approach the drivers all you get is a load of abuse !!

fred c

Not sure about the 4X4`s in Sainsburys car park, but the size of some speed bumps around the town are a definate hazard to the suspension of most cars, & i don`t disagree with speed safety measures.

There is well documented evidence about the damage to vehicles suspesion systems but also to Buildings whose foundations have been affected by cracking due to heavy goods vehicles bouncing over the Humps.

I often wonder about the speed camera issue, stand on Oxford Rd or Catty Rd at  various times at lots of vehicles fairly hurtle along........

While i`m having a Rant............... Plod needs to place a camera on some of the Traffic Lights in the town.... Oxy Rd/Catty Rd junction & Park/York Rd junctions as examples..... talk about jumping red lights.

Anyway had a cup of Twinnings & 2 Suggestives & feel much calmer now.

no6bus

A worse place for red light jumping is church square/gateway bridge

mo the lawn

Worst bumps are in masefield road they are like tank traps far to big . Also on red light jumpers i had now bought a small camera for inside my car as i realised when some nutter nearly wiped me out that  its  was my word against his  now i never move with camera being on

The Great Dictator

I didn't say leaving a car unattended in a bus stop No 6 you, i said dropping someone off if its empty is not a problem.

By the way its saturday.

Land Phil

I have just paid off my car and the suspension is knackered, thanks to the roads in Hartlepool that have stupid calming measures or are covered in bomb craters. 

I am tired of worn suspension being unavoidable and car park door dents being acceptable behaviour, so there is only one thing for it in my opinion, trade up to a sea coalers standard 4x4.

It might be more dangerous with hard steel bumpers, pollute a lot more than a regular saloon car, be generally anti-social but why should I care if nobody else cares.

Nobody in this town can complain about 4x4s when we are over run with the the filth lorries on their way to to the land fill sites.