Local Labour Party members tighten the noose on Christopher Akers-Belcher

Started by DRiddle, November 10, 2018, 09: PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fred c

Quote from: Gustaf I of England + BWH on December 03, 2018, 07: PM
Just a thought.

If the new Labour pixies where really determined to rid the town of the pestilence that is the SCABS, then surely they would by now have kicked Cwistopher and his minions out of the Labour party, thereby forcing the SCABS to either stand down as councillors or cling on to their allowances, at least until their next visit to the polls, by becoming independent councillors.

Have they broken any party rules, that's the question........They should of thought about throwing the sh**e out when they had the chance, I feel sure the Boy in a Mans Body had reasons to be discarded by the party.

Gustaf I of England + BWH

Quote from: fred c on December 03, 2018, 09: PM
Quote from: Gustaf I of England + BWH on December 03, 2018, 07: PM
Just a thought.

If the new Labour pixies where really determined to rid the town of the pestilence that is the SCABS, then surely they would by now have kicked Cwistopher and his minions out of the Labour party, thereby forcing the SCABS to either stand down as councillors or cling on to their allowances, at least until their next visit to the polls, by becoming independent councillors.

Have they broken any party rules, that's the question........They should of thought about throwing the sh**e out when they had the chance, I feel sure the Boy in a Mans Body had reasons to be discarded by the party.

But they didn't Fred. And probably never will directly take an action which would lose them power in the short term. They would rather keep the festering pustule that is the SCAB cabal than do what is best for the town of Hrtlpool and its citizens.

Have they broken any party rules, that's the question - actions likely to bring the Labour party into disrepute. Or whatever the official wording is. That's usually a good catch-all when you cannot think of anything else.

Inspector Knacker

Quote from: Gustaf I of England + BWH on December 03, 2018, 10: PM

Have they broken any party rules, that's the question - actions likely to bring the Labour party into disrepute. Or whatever the official wording is. That's usually a good catch-all when you cannot think of anything else.
'actions likely to bring the Labour Party into disrepute', you mean they're not in disprute already? Not so much a Party, more mute bystanders who whisper in the shadows but never speak up. Party minions.
What can be asserted without proof,
can be dismissed without proof.

Lucy Lass-Tick

Whispers on the wind are that Dave Hunter's submitted a formal claim to take over leadership from CAB.

Owen Jones

DRiddle

There is a story here yes. I'll post the full details later over a Rioja.

DRiddle

Right, this is the situation as I understand it from sources within the Labour Party.

Dave Hunter has indeed tabled an agenda idea for the next meeting of Labour's councillors. The item essentially is for a challenge for the leadership. He has followed appropriate protocol and submitted it to the group secretary, who ironically is Stephen Akers-Belcher.

What should then follow is a vote on election/re-election of the leader of the local Labour party who will also become leader of the overall council.

Remember, there are 18 Labour councillors. My understanding is in the 'red corner' are Dave Hunter, Carl, Paddy, Dr Pothole, Lesley and Jim 'I don't need the money' Lindridge (more on him later). 6 cast iron votes against CAB.

In the 'pretending to be red but basically selfish money grabbing bas**ar*s corner' are CAB, SAB, Mammy Belcher, the leech that is Kevin Cranney, Father Ted ,  Mad Dog and  Mad Dog's mate (her who works at ASDA). 7 votes.

That leaves 5 others.

Jean Robinson, who is reportedly not only suffering with her 'bad legs' but also some cognitive issues relating to her memory plus Rob Cook, Brenda Harrison, Stephen Thomas and Katie Trueman. 

Whoever wheels Jean into committee room B, tells her what day it is, reminds her which way to vote and in all likelihood literally raises her arm and says "for" for her, will get her vote. The smart money is on the person wheeling her in being SAB.

That puts the hapless jumped up benefits clerk 6-8  with 4 votes to come.

My guess would be that in the SHORT term, Brenda and Rob as de-facto 2019 Mayor and chair of children's services MAY side with SAB. But if they are long term thinkers, they may see the writing on the wall for the CAB and go with Dave.
If that happens, that would put Dave Hunter 8-8 with Katie Trueman and Stephen Thomas still to vote.

Katie then has a choice.

Does she nail her colours to a mast of the boat that is rapidly taking on water and will inevitably sink sooner or later, or does a young councillor with a potentially LONG political future ahead of her take the very sensible option and put the town out of its misery and vote with Dave Hunter?

Likewise, does Stephen Thomas think short term regarding the heathwatch contract or long term with a possible council leader position going begging (as i doubt Dave Hunter wants this for the long term).

There are a lots of ifs and buts here obviously, but my feeling is the fact that Dave Hunter has tabled the agenda item suggests he has some confidence is getting rid of CAB. Otherwise, why do it?

I believe the Labour group meeting which could FINALLY see the end of CABS calamitous reign is in 6 days' time on December 13th.

Come of Katie, Brenda. Stephen and Rob.

Give Hartlepool the Christmas present it deserves.

pieface

CAB knows his time is up. Splashing out on printing and distribution of the 5 great years booklet to residents is an admission of that.

jeffh

Looking at the numbers I still think that CAB will survive the vote - which for the short term future of the town is not good but in the long term would see the demise of Labour.  It's already been proved that by simply associating a would-be councillor with CAB that candidate is doomed.

I don't know what the situation with Jean Robinson is, but if what Dave says is correct, surely the Hart residents can call for a by-election due to incapacity of their councillor - couldn't that be something that the 2HIG's may want to consider.

Again from Dave's post wouldn't it be ironic that the proposer for CABs councillor of the year award then stabs him in the back!

Dave - in your post you said more on Money Bags later - we are all ears

Land Phil

I have a feeling this wouldn't have happened if Dave Hunter had not lost the chair position he was enjoying so much.

I am sure he said that he was disappointed because there was so much for him to do.

Personally I was not that impressed as it followed him bringing parking charges to Seaton.

jeffh

Quote from: Land Phil on December 08, 2018, 08: AM
I have a feeling this wouldn't have happened if Dave Hunter had not lost the chair position he was enjoying so much.

I am sure he said that he was disappointed because there was so much for him to do.

Personally I was not that impressed as it followed him bringing parking charges to Seaton.
I think at the time it was said that Hunter's removal from chair of Neighbourhood services in favour of SAB was the straw that broke the camel's with the CLP.

Hunter replaced MD who, following the introduction of charges for Seaton Car Parking and disposal of waste at Burn Valley, had resigned.  He then did quite a lot of damage limitation to "calm the waters".  He made a reasonable of job of that only to be rewarded with an out and out money grab by the SCABs - SAB had been replaced by Cook as chair of planning (given to Cook as he lost his SRA for being Mayor) so the SCAB household budget was an SRA down.

Instead of hanging fire for a year, when Cook was Mayor again, they really pushed the envelope and went for it - the rest is history

fred c

Quote from: jeffh on December 08, 2018, 07: AM
Looking at the numbers I still think that CAB will survive the vote - which for the short term future of the town is not good but in the long term would see the demise of Labour.  It's already been proved that by simply associating a would-be councillor with CAB that candidate is doomed.

I don't know what the situation with Jean Robinson is, but if what Dave says is correct, surely the Hart residents can call for a by-election due to incapacity of their councillor - couldn't that be something that the 2HIG's may want to consider.

Again from Dave's post wouldn't it be ironic that the proposer for CABs councillor of the year award then stabs him in the back!

Dave - in your post you said more on Money Bags later - we are all ears

The situation with Jean Robinson is one that needs to be clarified, if she is unable to function as a councillor can we expect her to continue to take the £160 a week allowance until May 2019, who decides when a non attending councillors allowances cease.........Or as Jeff mentions, could the HIG call for a by election ?

jeffh

The situation in Hart is quite interesting - I very much doubt the zealots in the CLP will want to continue with their clear out (remember Beck jumped before he was pushed) and with Jean Robinson not due to stand until May 2020 they will be viewing 2019 as a free go at getting the Hart seat back without further damage.  If they try to get rid of Robinson under the guise of unsuitability, and force a by-election, they run the risk of losing another another Labour seat.

Johnny Bongo

The CLP must be aware of Jean Robinsons health issues and probably realise that she will not be able to carry out her role as a Councillor...so why didn't they have a by election earlier in the year at Hart ward?  I guess we all know the answer to that one!  As for the main issue....let's face it, why are the Hartlepool CLP 'suddenly' deciding to have a clean out?  Are they genuinely concerned that the residents of this town are suffering under CAB's 'leadership'?  OR do they realise that unless something is seen to be done, they (HCLP councillors)  will lose their seats and the allowances that go with them!  The word PARASITE springs to mind....but even a parasitic organism is more useful than the majority of Labour councillors we have at present!