The strike rumours. . .

Started by DRiddle, November 22, 2018, 08: AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mr ben

This is starting to go on like brexit .. when is he  going to get the bullet ? when is there going to be an investigation  to find out who's been on the take? .  who  knew about all the corruption but sat back nodded there heads and took the wages . IT SEEMS LIKE YOU CAN WASTE MILLIONS POUNDS  OF TAX PAYS MONEY AND NEVER GET SACKED   WHY ?   

mk1

Quote from: pensionater on November 22, 2018, 02: PM
Driddle ,so you'll no doubt be putting out a statement saying the rumour you where spreading was wrong about the carpets.

Why should he bother when there is an automatic 'Riddle-corrector'  on the Forum-You!
Just like a stopped clock you manage to get it right now and again.

kevplumb

Quote from: mk1 on November 22, 2018, 09: PM
Quote from: pensionater on November 22, 2018, 02: PM
Driddle ,so you'll no doubt be putting out a statement saying the rumour you where spreading was wrong about the carpets.

Why should he bother when there is an automatic 'Riddle-corrector'  on the Forum-You!
Just like a stopped clock you manage to get it right now and again.

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
A councillor is an elected representative of their ward, not their political party!
Councils need communities but communities don't need councils
Party politics have no place in local goverment

jawsbbc

Quote from: Johnny Bongo on November 22, 2018, 10: AM
Quote from: SRMoore on November 22, 2018, 10: AM
I feel I must step in and give information I have on this matter.

Whilst I have not heard any rumours about a strike (I sat on LJCC meeting with unions on Tuesday) I have made enquiries relating to carpets that have allegedly been purchased for the Rifty.

I requested a meeting with Gill Alexander to ask why HBC had allegedly purchased new carpets for the Rifty. I was told that the council has not. Whilst new flooring was needed following some kind of flood the replacement floorings have been paid for by the Rifty the Rifty Project themselves and it isn't carpet.

Make of that what you will but I asked the question and that was the answer I received. I'm sure it can be verified either way with an foi request and or a visit to the Rifty.

I, and many others, I'm sure, are under the impression that The Rifty is a HBC owned community centre.  Therefore, any work or maintenance would, I assume, be carried out by or on behalf of HBC and at HBC's expense.  If there was a leak, perhaps any remedial work  can be claimed on insurance.  Also, can the CEO produce any evidence of her statement, in view of these 'rumours'?  If she is found to be economical with the truth, shall we say (as if ::)) then she should be dismissed!  The truth WILL come out!
well allegedly the rifty is paying no rent gas or electric hbc are,   hbc  WERE paying  it  for ofca in the jutland road community centre  FACT

Johnny Bongo

Quote from: jawsbbc on November 24, 2018, 03: PM
Quote from: Johnny Bongo on November 22, 2018, 10: AM
Quote from: SRMoore on November 22, 2018, 10: AM
I feel I must step in and give information I have on this matter.

Whilst I have not heard any rumours about a strike (I sat on LJCC meeting with unions on Tuesday) I have made enquiries relating to carpets that have allegedly been purchased for the Rifty.

I requested a meeting with Gill Alexander to ask why HBC had allegedly purchased new carpets for the Rifty. I was told that the council has not. Whilst new flooring was needed following some kind of flood the replacement floorings have been paid for by the Rifty the Rifty Project themselves and it isn't carpet.

Make of that what you will but I asked the question and that was the answer I received. I'm sure it can be verified either way with an foi request and or a visit to the Rifty.

I, and many others, I'm sure, are under the impression that The Rifty is a HBC owned community centre.  Therefore, any work or maintenance would, I assume, be carried out by or on behalf of HBC and at HBC's expense.  If there was a leak, perhaps any remedial work  can be claimed on insurance.  Also, can the CEO produce any evidence of her statement, in view of these 'rumours'?  If she is found to be economical with the truth, shall we say (as if ::)) then she should be dismissed!  The truth WILL come out!
well allegedly the rifty is paying no rent gas or electric hbc are,   hbc  WERE paying  it  for ofca in the jutland road community centre  FACT

If this is true, then questions MUST be asked, either at the next meeting or directed to Gil Alexander.  Maybe HBC will pay my utility bills also!

jawsbbc

JOHNNY BONGO its true mark my words ofca were  not paying any rent gas or electric since 2013 at the jutland road community centre , also coming out of the council chambers is that the rifty has the same set up no rent gas or electric

the_exile

About a year ago I started to probe SAB on a facebook trail about the arrangements at the Rifty regarding rent/rates/heat and light costs.

I then received various inbox messages from the mad cyclist/failed newspaper man, ranging from the mildly abusive, to downright outrageously abusive asking who I thought I was asking such questions on a public forum.......................

The boy in a mans body showed that he didn't recognise what business expenses were

Inspector Knacker

Who authorised them being allowed to walk into a council owned community facility and operate from there.
Someone did authorise it didn't they?

What can be asserted without proof,
can be dismissed without proof.

fred c

Finance and Policy committee meeting tomorrow 10pm........You can ask questions at this meeting, the problem is, very few members of the public attend if even half a dozen turn up, it means the Chairman (CAB) can be asked a variety of questions on issues ie. The shortfall in council funding and reason why.