Unhinged Hill-haters

Started by mk1, February 04, 2021, 05: PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mk1

Mike Hill put a letter on his facebook about vaccinations and the discussion there was calm and reflective.

https://www.facebook.com/mikehillmp/posts/851426055433311

When it was reposted on The Post Facebook page then it turned ugly.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/273708489455822/permalink/1883692395124082/

The usual parade of demented Hill-Haters chose to use it as an excuse to post lies, distortion  and disinformation. If it was not so serious it would be comical.

The Hill letter :

Pay attention to the bits marked with red

The reactions:

He got it from here Fred, this is the letter :

If you read the above you will see that the comment below is false.

Far from saying 'contact your practitioner' it clearly states the opposite :

Perhaps he should  follow his own advise and 'read the letter'?

Perhaps these posts in the same  thread  are from the same type of people who made Hill 'aware'?

or from the thread on Hills Facebook page:

Clearly the letter has caused some confusion and the  idiotic knee-jerk disparage-everything-Hill-does replies  serve no purpose other than to diminish the standing of the deluded haters.

mk1

This NHS letter links you to these suggested vaccination  sites, round trip mileage in pink :

So Hill can be criticised for getting something wrong. He says '80 mile round trip' when the actual numbers are 18, 19 50 or 104 miles round trip.

However the NHS site also says:

https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/coronavirus-covid-19/coronavirus-vaccination/book-coronavirus-vaccination/

So there are some problems with the letter/site advice. It appears Hill is reacting to  genuine concerns from  some of his constituents. Is that not what an MP is supposed to do?

notenoughsaid

There appears to be a  difference of opinion re the content of the letters to those my wife and I received on Wednesday as they  did not  state a named venue. I went on the Net to the site and was offered Newcastle , East Boldon or York. None of which appealed. !!!   Later the same day (yesterday) my own GP Practice contacted me (as I am with a different Doctor)  and within an hour I had my jab.   Today my wife was contacted  and now has an appointed with her Doc's next week. Sorted.  The reason we have different  doctors is due to the fact  I  needed a good doctor 19 years ago and  my wife wanted one somewhere nearer home. I stayed out of loyalty and gratitude to him.   It goes to show   " Its better the Doc you know than the one you don't know " Sorry about that .Goodnight.  Keep safe.

mk1

Quote from: notenoughsaid on February 04, 2021, 09: PM
   There appears to be a  difference of opinion re the content of the letters to those my wife and I received on Wednesday as they  did not  state a named venue.

The letter does not name sites but it gives you a link to the NHS webpage which does give locations.  I posted screenshots from the NHS website.