A strange surprise today seeing something that looks very familiar.

Started by notenoughsaid, April 15, 2016, 11: PM

Previous topic - Next topic

notenoughsaid

Whilst attempting to identify a piece of Japanese Silver which I believed to be coin of some sort on behalf of a friend of mine I came across a site on the Internet which looked very familiar. I apologise for not being able to "cut and paste" etc. however the site is accessible as follows. http://www.worldofcoins.eu/forum/index.php or simply input "worldofcoins+forum" . Got quite a shock!!! Well worth a look, like looking into a mirror.!!! However without the references to the SCABs and Cranney etc. I was totally confused for a moment. Still where cash is involved I am sure they wont be far away.!!!

akarjl

Lost.....

This site and world of coins appears to be using the simple machines software which is provided free as part of server/domain deals by most hosting companies...or am I (as has been known in the past) missing something?

Gustaf I of England + BWH

The message board does look very similar to this one, but then a lot of them do. I wonder if Notenoughsaid was referring to the "Fantasies, fakes and imitations" board ?

notenoughsaid

Reply to all....it was  just the similarity that caught my eye.  I was unaware that other forums could have the same system.   Nevertheless thanks for your time and I liked the "Fantasies, fakes and imitations " board suggestion.   Regards. NES.