extraordinary meeting Tuesday 19th Nov 7pm

Started by admin, November 15, 2013, 01: PM

Previous topic - Next topic

admin

after a severe bout of dithering the above meeting has been called for next Tuesday to discuss cuts in grant funding to community and charity groups

http://www.hartlepool.gov.uk/egov_downloads/19.11.13_-_Extraordinary_Council_Agenda.pdf

Lord Elpus

in Dave Stubbs report;

1.5 At this stage the Chief Finance Officer has advised that full Council cannot
make a determination on the level of funding provided for any services for
2014/15 until the Government have provided the actual grant allocations for
2014/15 and the impact on the budget forecasts has been assessed.
Therefore, all decisions on funding allocations for individual services,
including the Community Pool, for 2014/15 will be taken as part of the
process for considering and approving the 2014/15 Budget and Policy
Framework in February 2014.

Is this the door slammed shut on any attempt to see an immediate U turn by the Comrades, by the great and glorious dear Leader? 

They know they've (CAB) got it wrong and have been inundated with letters from community groups in Hartlepool.  Strong Leadership again.  Just make one wonder just who much strong leadership this town can take.

fred c

I did attend last nights meeting & i didn`t  hear this bit.

"They unanimously agreed that Hartlepool Borough Council's finance and policy committee finds a way of raising £33,000 for HVDA, nearly 50 per cent of what is being axed by the authority"

What i heard was a watered down motion by Cllr Hargreaves to "look into finding ways to fund the 50%"...... not to many words are different i agree....... but the meaning was very clear.

It was all to apparent that the Labour Group would not, under any circumstances accept Cllr Hargreaves initial "Motion" to fund the 50% shortfall by making up the difference from Councillors £5000 personal allocation budgets.

What was, to be honest "Vomit Inducing" was the sanctimonious clap trap spouted by the likes of Richardson, Simmonds et al they all spouted forth about the Fantastic, Stupendous, Outstanding ( they missed out World Class ) performance of HVDA, yet they could not bring themselves as a "Ruling Group" to back Cllr Hargreaves original motion.

I think Hargreaves missed a trick to be honest, she should have maintained her original position & forced a vote on the issue, it would at least shown the very impressive numbers in the public seats ( extra seats provided incidentally ) just where the Labour Group are coming from.

RMW btw did agree to his Rural West group contributing £1500 of their ward budgets towards the 50% shortfall..... but would not support the motion by Hargreaves..... so no change for the ConLabs there then.

whatabouthisthen

Agree with Fred c on all accounts.
The gallery was mainly full of the voluntary sector.
The usual union and Labour hangers on were missing. Makes one wonder why?
The extra row of seats were occupied by HDVA with the boss taking centre stage flanked by his minders.
It does raise some questions though about Labour's behaviour. Can't help thinking that this was just an exercise to justify some further action by them to give HDVA monies in the future.

Hartlepudlion

I hear that Robbie Payne addressed the Conservative leader as "my Labour colleague" - must gall Conservative supporters.

Hartlepudlion

If the Council can't determine what cuts are necessary until the Central Government grant is announced, why are we being bombarded with dire announcements to cuts in services?
The statement above from Stubbs report makes all such announcements irrelevant so is it just electioneering by the SCABS?