Church Street 'seating'.

Started by Inspector Knacker, December 16, 2018, 09: AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Inspector Knacker

Just seen the 'cool' new seats in Church Street. Where they designed and created in the council chamber?
The public wants a comfortable bench to sit on. Simple. But we get a white,  graffiti friendly, block of something with half of it a bench and the other half just the slab.
I'd be interested to know who chose them and the cost of them. I assumed rather naively that the area can safely be secribed as a Victotrian conservation area. So why have they installed 'seating' that looks like the sort that was installed in monstrous 1960's shopping parades in new town developments?
Tell me they haven't been in storage in the fabled Indiana Jones warehouse since they over ordered on seating for Middleton Grange in 1969?
What can be asserted without proof,
can be dismissed without proof.

Disgruntled voter

My thoughts exactly! . Designed for bank holiday revellers,vandals and people who aren't prone to piles

Inspector Knacker

Haemorrhoid friendly, or should that be unfriendly, is a regrettable selling point. ;D

rabbit

May need spikes on those seats to discourage skateboarding  :o

Disgruntled voter

They do look like a perfect meeting point for connoisseurs of 12 % kestrel super strength and white white lightening ! Was the current mayor involved in the scope of design ?
https://thumbs.dreamstime.com/z/ho-chi-minh-vietnam-august-man-lying-concrete-marble-bench-sleeping-relaxing-city-center-barefoot-shoes-109089981.jpg

Lucy Lass-Tick

Went up there tonight & wasn't in the least bit impressed by the seats. Totally out of place in a victorian street.

Johnny Bongo

Quote from: Lucy Lass-Tick on December 16, 2018, 07: PM
Went up there tonight & wasn't in the least bit impressed by the seats. Totally out of place in a victorian street.

Not many Victorians in Church street....but plenty of heathens!

Inspector Knacker

I just question the taste of anyone who looked at at them and said 'WOW, they look so cool !'