Steetley Point

Started by Steetley Beach, July 02, 2017, 03: PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Steetley Beach

Does anyone know exactly how far along they are planning to build?

steveL

There are three sites with only the middle one built on at the moment. One is further North on the Spion Kop and the remaining one is on the far side of the Brus Tunnel. I don't think they have anything beyond outline planning permission yet for the other two.

The sites are easy to spot because the ground has been levelled.
Diplomacy is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

Steetley Beach

I was worried about this because they've not only levelled as far along as the Brus Tunnel but done a lot of digging and drainage work adjacent to the levelled area.

Several times I've gone to use the England Coastal path route towards the Headland from the Brus to find it fenced off and signage removed.

One of the rumours I've heard is that developers are struggling to sell on the site.

steveL

I think they have longer term plans for the coastal route and that it will all work out fine in the end.

I noticed the other day that they've installed an additional barrier to stop bikes/motor bikes accessing the coastal route. It's a bit silly, really, because it's standing there on it's own and anyone can simply walk around it. I'm assuming the longer-term plan is to properly fence off the coastal route to make it a proper pathway which will be a big improvement. Up to now, Hartlepool's contribution has been, shall we say, a little bit half-hearted.
Diplomacy is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

Username

I have friends who live there and the quality of the properties leave a lot to be desired. They've had a lot of issues with few of them being resolved.

The beach access for emergency services has already been adversely affected it will be worse once the development spreads to the back of the brus tunnel.