COUNCIL LEADERS

Started by the_exile, May 18, 2018, 03: PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fred c

So who amongst the 'New Labour Pixies' will initiate this 'Deselection Policy' ?.

If the make up of the various committees is anything to go by, nothing has changed nor will it, the usual suspects are as firmly ensconced now as ever, the removal of Cllr Hunter as the Chair of Neighbourhood Services is a case in point......he was replaced by The Boy In A Mans Body  :P

The Pixies support for Doc Pothole has been consistent from the off...... Did they offer an explanation as to why his register of interests mention NT&H NHS Trust, as for popping down to Tooting to bang in a couple of shifts on a weekend, was the travel to Tooting mentioned by any chance, is the Doc allowed to claim expenses for that 'Regular Journey' ?

The MP claim rings hollow, the simple question of why would a possible candidate for a labour seat in London, suddenly up sticks and move 250 miles North to stand as a 'Local Councillor' which requires according to a Pixie a 500 miles round trip on a weekly basis. ?

Inspector Knacker

Depends if the 'inactivists' list of toxic elements matches others opinion of who the toxic elements are.
As for Doc Pothole, if he's up here all week, where exactly is he ?
What can be asserted without proof,
can be dismissed without proof.

Inspector Knacker

The longer Doc Pothole is here, the more you see Lurch as the night watchman till the next election. I can see no other feasible answer.
What can be asserted without proof,
can be dismissed without proof.

Lord Elpus

Quote from JeffH; 'Funny you should say that Fred - after last night's debacle I chanced upon a couple of Labour Activists.  They told me that plans were under way to replace the toxic element of the current Labour mob by deselecting them when they were up for re-election.  Now that obviously begs the question - how come MD stood in the Manor this time round?

But it got better - I was then told that Doc Pothole lives in Hartlepool during the week and returns to London at the weekend to bang a couple of shifts in, plus for all you non-believers out there he is not here to stand as the Town's MP.

So you you have it!!!!!!!'.

I recently sent off my £3 to rejoin the Labour party, I have it on good authority that my application was discussed at Friday evenings GC meeting.  Apparently I was 'blackballed' by a number of sitting Councillors, obviously I'm hurt by this rejection, however all is not lost, once Anth replies to my two emails I intend to appeal.

The only problem is I've been told SAB is Chair of the party appeals Committee. 

If only they knew I have friends in high places at Labour North, who are happy to advise me.

Gustaf I of England + BWH

Quote from: jeffh on May 23, 2018, 12: PM
Funny you should say that Fred - after last night's debacle I chanced upon a couple of Labour Activists.  They told me that plans were under way to replace the toxic element of the current Labour mob by deselecting them when they were up for re-election.  Now that obviously begs the question - how come MD stood in the Manor this time round?

But it got better - I was then told that Doc Pothole lives in Hartlepool during the week and returns to London at the weekend to bang a couple of shifts in, plus for all you non-believers out there he is not here to stand as the Town's MP.

So you you have it!!!!!!!

Following on from this, I see the good doctor is in the mail (or at least on the website) today calling for an emergency meeting "after reports of rising crime and anti-social behaviour on a town estate including a stabbing". I believe this could apply to any estate in the town, apart maybe from the stabbing part. But give them time.

https://www.hartlepoolmail.co.uk/news/emergency-meeting-called-amid-rising-crime-concerns-on-hartlepool-estate-1-9174340

Not sure who the meeting is going to be with (nor when the photo was taken) as the mail website is a bit reticent about letting me read any articles these days - apparently I've exceeded my quota for this month.

I came across the article whilst trying to read another story about a new business opening in Park Road -

https://www.hartlepoolmail.co.uk/news/new-hartlepool-business-signs-up-to-armed-forces-covenant-1-9177160

I was particularly struck by the absence in the photograph of our forces champion, given the subject matter. Perhaps he was helping the good doctor over on the headland. I hear he spends a lot of time over there.

mk1

Quote from: Gustaf I of England + BWH on May 23, 2018, 05: PM

I was particularly struck by the absence in the photograph of our forces champion, given the subject matter. Perhaps he was helping the good doctor over on the headland. I hear he spends a lot of time over there.

Last time I saw Barclay at the Headland he was blind drunk and staggering along Northgate towards The Globe. He weaved in-and-out of passing traffic to reach the front door of said establishment where he collided with the jamb and bounced back onto the pavement!

Gustaf I of England + BWH

Quote from: mk1 on May 23, 2018, 06: PM

Last time I saw Barclay at the Headland he was blind drunk and staggering along Northgate towards The Globe. He weaved in-and-out of passing traffic to reach the front door of said establishment where he collided with the jamb and bounced back onto the pavement!

I have heard numerous, similar stories regarding said 'champion', but perhaps we are doing him an injustice. Perhaps he is in rehab in preparation for his stint as 'Ceremonial Mayor' (assuming that the suggestions on here have any substance). He certainly doesn't appear to spend much time in his Ward.

kevplumb

Quote from: Lord ElpusBut it got better - I was then told that Doc Pothole lives in Hartlepool during the week and returns to London at the weekend to bang a couple of shifts in, plus for all you non-believers out there he is not here to stand as the Town's MP.
that should be prefixed with
once upon a time in a land far far away  ;D
I'm working on the marina for a couple of months will give you a shout if I see him and his entourage about (more chance of seeing Lord Lucan)  :o
Quote from: Jeff hafter last night's debacle I chanced upon a couple of Labour Activists.
what were they doing out that late on a school day?
could not activate a glass Andrews  ;D
A councillor is an elected representative of their ward, not their political party!
Councils need communities but communities don't need councils
Party politics have no place in local goverment

fred c

Quote from: mk1 on May 23, 2018, 06: PM

A video of The Mayors drunken escapades would prove to be quite amusing on social media, all we need is a Video