Councillors' Allowances to rise AGAIN!

Started by Lucy Lass-Tick, August 10, 2018, 05: PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DRiddle

Just regarding the rise, here's what happens next. Certain Labour councillors will reject the 2% rise. Some of those will be councillors who DID however accept the 31% rise.

They'll then put "I refused to accept an rise in my allowance blah blah blah" on future election leaflets. This will confuse the electorate as to who actually accepted a rise and muddy the waters about who took the 31%.

It was crystal clear the 31% issue was a big factor in Alan Clark losing his seat. There are others the independents will look to pick off who also voted for the 31%.

Watch and see what happens. The front page headline was deliberate, as is how this will play out.

There are of course SOME greedy ones who will take the 2% regardless. But keep your eye on SOME of the ones who don't.

If I was in Jim Lindridge's shoes for example, I'd make a big song and dance about refusing the 2% rise. Then WHEN the Indy's target him with 'greedy jim' literature, he can try and counter it.

All smoke and mirrors as always (with the odd greedy bastard thrown in).

jeffh

Quote from: DRiddle on August 12, 2018, 09: AM
Just regarding the rise, here's what happens next. Certain Labour councillors will reject the 2% rise. Some of those will be councillors who DID however accept the 31% rise.

They'll then put "I refused to accept an rise in my allowance blah blah blah" on future election leaflets. This will confuse the electorate as to who actually accepted a rise and muddy the waters about who took the 31%.

It was crystal clear the 31% issue was a big factor in Alan Clark losing his seat. There are others the independents will look to pick off who also voted for the 31%.

Watch and see what happens. The front page headline was deliberate, as is how this will play out.

There are of course SOME greedy ones who will take the 2% regardless. But keep your eye on SOME of the ones who don't.

If I was in Jim Lindridge's shoes for example, I'd make a big song and dance about refusing the 2% rise. Then WHEN the Indy's target him with 'greedy jim' literature, he can try and counter it.

All smoke and mirrors as always (with the odd greedy bastard thrown in).

Are we looking at the 2% being voted in by a whipped vote with some councillors declining the rise - or has CAB lost his whip and witness the start of a minor revolution?

DRiddle

I think this rose is linked to inflation rather than a review so chances are it won't be voted on? Not 100% sure. It's easily declined though if you have morality. It takes one e-mail.

fred c

Smoke and mirrors won't work for Loadsa Money Lindridge, there isn't a voter in Fens & Rossmere who doesn't know he took the 31% increase and then came out with "I don't need it, but I am accepting it' ........and if there is, they will.  :D

mr ben

if the council was run like a business and they never made such a mess  of everything and made so many embarrassing decisions  !!! I have no problems  with pay related  success.. But when its run by Ronald MacDonald  and his crew wasting money right left and centre they should be getting a wage reduction not a rise  >:( >:(   

Owen Jones

You mention pay related success but who decides what  success is ????

jeffh

Quote from: Owen Jones on August 12, 2018, 11: AM
A manifesto based on the needs of the town - if my memory serves me correctly the only party to produce a local manifesto was PHF

Labour & Conservatives both linked to the National sites

kevplumb

Quote from: Owen Jones on August 12, 2018, 11: AM

in the pink , fluffy, scamming world of the scabs they are a resounding success or so they and their hangers-on seem to  think

nothing but a bunch of parasites the lot of them
the sooner we are shot of the whole rotten outfit the better (rant over)  :)
A councillor is an elected representative of their ward, not their political party!
Councils need communities but communities don't need councils
Party politics have no place in local goverment

mk1

Saw SAB at the top of Oxford road with a swarm of young kids picking litter. His main problem seemed to be keeping his trousers up. Every couple of seconds he was hitching them up. Should wear braces when you don't have a waist!

Inspector Knacker

Quote from: mk1 on August 12, 2018, 03: PM
Saw SAB at the top of Oxford road with a swarm of young kids picking litter. His main problem seemed to be keeping his trousers up. Every couple of seconds he was hitching them up. Should wear braces when you don't have a waist!
I've just bought a new staple gun, he can borrow it any time.
What can be asserted without proof,
can be dismissed without proof.

admin

From Putting Hartlepool First's leader, Councillor James Black:  "I can confirm that none of the Councillors under PHF have taken the original 31% or the additional 2% therefore PHF Councillors receive 33% less than the others."

Owen Jones

Like my dad often said " son you get paid for the work you do and nothing else "