UKIP Stuck in a Groove

Started by craig finton, September 16, 2016, 02: PM

Previous topic - Next topic

craig finton

Diane James is the new Leader but after watching her make her speech it looks likes UKIP are going nowhere. Her main policy still seems to be stuck on Europe and the loudest cheer came when she talked about immigration. No change there then.

steveL

I didn't see the speech but watched the news to see what the outcome had been. The UKIP Leadership election was right at the end after the Paralympics and London Fashion week - says it all really.
Diplomacy is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

craig finton

I spotted that she said that Nigel will be 'alongside her' so maybe we'll see him do yet another comeback. She also said may had stolen their policy to bring back Grammar Schools. I don't think bringing back selection at 11 is a vote winner myself

mk1

So I guess the plan to massively reduce taxation on fags & beer is no longer front and centre? A woman at the head of UKIP is just lipstick on a pig.

Hartlepudlion

I am not a fan of ukip but, on present showings, I would rather have them then the Corbyn Labour (ha! What a laugh! Labour?) Party. Particularly in this town.

mk1

All  extreme right parties work to a template. Every problem is a direct result of X and all ills will vanish once we remove X.   The X is not fixed and  they use the biggest minority as the scapegoat. Today it is immigrants. Once the new world fails to arrive then other class of X will be selected and blamed for that failure. I am fairly sure the new X  (for UKIP)will be the poor and disadvantaged.

Nothing better illustrates the  'feelings' of the new leader towards Farage than this pic.

mk1

The new UKIP leader has wasted no time moving against the man who took over UKIP Wales as his personal fifedom
Diane James has purged controversial ex-Tory Neil Hamilton from the Ukip conference agenda as one of her first acts as leader.
Within minutes of her unveiling as Ukip leader, Ms James - a close ally of Nigel Farage - issued a heavily revised schedule for tomorrow's second day of conference.
Mr Hamilton, who leads Ukip's AMs in the Welsh Assembly, was replaced by a coffee break and Nathan Gill - the leader of Ukip in Wales who has been squeezed out by Mr Hamilton.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3793176/The-start-purge-act-leader-Diane-James-DELETES-ex-Tory-Neil-Hamilton-Ukip-conference-brands-bizarre-new-round-infighting.html

marky

I've seen that picture before somewhere.

oh I remember where now:

craig finton

Only 17,842 bothered to vote in the UKIP Leadership election. According to the Daily Mail, UKIP has around 40,000 members so that means that less than half voted with 47% of them voting for Diane James. The Press columnists are interpreting this as a sign that most UKIPPERS just want Nigel back

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3793315/Is-hideous-kiss-politics-Nigel-Farage-puckers-new-Ukip-leader-Diane-James-reaction-sends-Twitter-hysterics.html

steveL

I always thought UKIP membership was higher than that so I did a bit of Googling
(click to enlarge)

UKIP's membership increased from 32,000 in December 2013 to around 47,000 in May 2015, but has since fallen to 39,000 in July 2016. The Lib-Dems have almost twice as many members and only Plaid Cymru has fewer.

Looks like the penny's dropped.

Full Link from the House of Commons Library:
http://researchbriefings.parliament.uk/ResearchBriefing/Summary/SN05125
Diplomacy is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

Lucy Lass-Tick

mk1

UKIP Official  just on Newsnight and it was scary to see the way he ducked and dived when he was asked to explain his support for Donald Trump. Clearly the man was a fan  but dared not come straight out and say it. It is frightening that anyone could support Trump. Trump is a certified lunatic and only Farage and one of his groupies could admire such a slug.