UKIP Dilemma

Started by craig finton, September 12, 2014, 03: PM

Previous topic - Next topic

craig finton

It was pointed out on TV last night that should Scotland vote to leave the UK then the United Kingdom Independence Party is going to have something of an identity crisis and will have to consider a change of name.

Always willing to help, can I suggest "The I'm Not A Racist But.....Party"

one direction

I did think UKIP has a bit of a contradiction in its stance on Scotish devloution.

UKIP wants to free the UK from the grip of the European Union because they feel decisions about the UK should be made in the UK by citizens of the UK with the best interests of the UK in mind rather than in a remote parliament located in Brussels.

UKIP The Scottish Nationalists wants to free the UK Scotland from the grip of the European Union of the Crowns because they feel decisions about the UK Scotland should be made in the UK Scotland by citizens of the UK Scotland with the best interests of  the UK Scotland in mind rather than in a remote parliament located in Brussels Westminster.

How can UKIP demand freedom from Brussels and the European Union while denying Scotland freedom from Brussels and the Act of Union?

Phil UKIP

Let's hope Scotland stays in the union. I hope and pray that Scotland votes no tomorrow. Why break up a union that has worked very successfully for the last 307 years.

Phillip Broughton, UKIP PPC, Hartlepool

ashamedtobebritish

I hope for one Scotland does vote for independence, I hope and prey for it, because the first person running for the border to a truely  free country will be me.

The union has worked very successfully for the last 307 years.

Worked for the british

Now britain is crapping its pants because if Scotland goes its going to take a chunk out of an allready unstable economy.

Britain wants to be more worried about tomorrow as when Scotland goes, which is looking fairly likely, Wales is next followed by Northern Ireland.

Britain is starting to look more isolated than it did a few weeks ago.

It only has itself to blame.

And thats from someone who is truely ashamedtobebritish.

ashamedtobebritish

An ashamed brit, Hartlepool

for fawkes sake

You seem to be confusing 'Britain' with 'England'. 'Britain' is the island of Britain and includes Scotland, Wales and England.

Strictly speaking, even if the Scots do go Independent, they will still be British because they will still hail from the island of Britain but the word has been misused for decades so I doubt that they will see it that way.

I really don't mind if the Scots go Independent. For weeks I've listened to Salmond bull-sh**t*n* the Scots, painting a picture of Scotland as if it were the new Oz. I'm now convinced that the only way they going to realise the truth is to get on with it. As long as they don't drag the rest of us down with them it's OK by me.
"Remember, remember the fifth of November.
Gunpowder, Treason and Plot.
I see no reason why Gunpowder Treason
Should ever be forgot."

Hartlepudlion

Thanks ffs. I was going to make the distinction myself so will only add the we currently live in the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland.
What we will become after a yes vote who knows? But it may mean that England can become a nation again and be recognised as such. The only one of the current four nations that can't call their country England and their nationality as English.
The last time I looked a few years ago there were 87 recognised ethnicities in the UK and English wasn't one of them. No wonder the English don't have a sense of being.
Before I am accused of being xenophobic  I would just like to be able to describe myself as English just as the Welsh, the Scots and the Irish can.