Local Elections - May 5th

Started by Foggy, April 08, 2016, 05: PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DRiddle

I don't know if there's enough evidence to clarify he's from Bishop Auckland though Fred.  ::)

I mean, if you google 'Dave Hunter bishop Auckland', granted you can find pictures of him turning on their Christmas lights.

http://www.thenorthernecho.co.uk/news/11547264.Festive_market_at_Christmas_lights_switch_on_in_Bishop_Auckland/

and you can find a website with information about him being a school governor there.

http://www.bishopbarrington.net/school/information/governing-body/hunter

You can also find out he's been involved with Bishop Auckland's town team.

http://www.bishopaucklandtownteam.org/town-team/

However, as a fully qualified lawyer I'm confident Peter Devlin will be able to demonstrate this is merely circumstantial evidence and that in fact he lives in Robbie Payne's airing cupboard.

Foggy

On the statement of persons nominated it says that Dave Hunter lives in number 48 and Robbie Payne number 44.

Just out of curiosity... I also see on the statement of person's nominated that Isaac Duffy's address is in Horden.  How did he qualify to stand?  Or am I missing something/being thick?

Regarding Keith Fisher, I have been speaking to a friend today who lives in Hart and he is not their favourite person.  That's two years now where him standing has enabled Labour to retain a seat they do not deserve.

Alnwickist

Close run things all round, one that did please me was Ainslie losing his seat. Been to many things going on on the Healand  in the Local parish council mafia. This also gets him away from being Champion of Heritage, for which he made some of the ridiculous statements and voting for Wells requirements.
Yes,' man to the end.Good riddance.

The Great Dictator

The fact is that 2 people witnessed Riddle's appalling behaviour that was reported to police, he should still resign because of his outburst and because he is a jumped up little pillock that looks homeless.

DRiddle

I'm glad you found my behaviour appealing.

The Great Dictator

Bloody predictive text  :'(

mk1

Quote from: Foggy on May 06, 2016, 02: PM

Regarding Keith Fisher, I have been speaking to a friend today who lives in Hart and he is not their favourite person.  That's two years now where him standing has enabled Labour to retain a seat they do not deserve.

I don't see him as how he would like to be seen. In my mind he is first and last a devoted Labour man. He even got an allowance from CAB and they never give sweeties to anyone they can not rely on.  I think Fisher knows full well what he is doing and in his world him standing has no down side. If he gets in them fine. If he does not get in then his splitting the vote keeps Labour in. Either way he gets what he wants.

mk1

QuoteYes I noticed you sat next to Fraser last night having a good chat. Are you his latest friend?

This is Fraser's prediction in yesterday's Mail.

DRiddle

By the way, to be fair to Jim Ainslie what I saw was him taking the defeat on the chin with good grace. My understanding is he was willing to concede the seat a lot earlier with less recounts that he ultimately did.

Others we pushing for the recounts.

There was also information coming out that two councillors (one of whom wasn't even labour) were pushing for a spoilt ballot slip to go down as 'one to labour'.

The circumstances of the ballot slip in question was there was a 'X' in the UKIP box and a 'tick' in the Labour box.

This is a textbook example of what has to go down as a spoilt ballot due to filling it in in a manner that makes the voter's decision incomprehensible.

Apparently a Labour and a Tory member, (no prizes for guessing which one) were arguing a 'x' next to a name on a ballot slip means 'not that person'.

You have to laugh.  ;)

mk1

Quote from: DRiddle on May 06, 2016, 12: PM
a member of the public attempted to literally shove his business card down the collar of my shirt.

He must have thought he was back in his favourite Gay Lap-dancing Club. 

fred c

Why did Labour select D Hunter, I asked myself ?

So, just thinking out loud here, But,`If` CAB had been defeated last night, by selecting a candidate they knew would probably be disquailified ? they would have, in all likelyhood another opportunity to select a new candidate in the Burn Vally Ward, who would that have been I wonder ?

Hairy Blackhead

Apparently a woman tried to shake hands with SAB. He refused and called her a "fat racist pig".

mk1

Quote from: Hairy Blackhead on May 06, 2016, 05: PM
Apparently a woman tried to shake hands with SAB. He refused and called her a "fat racist pig".

Not unlike the  fat  lying cheating pig he cuddles up to at night.

steveL

Wells was absolutely fuming that Shane won Headland & Harbour and it was he who was arguing the cuss with Devlin demanding recounts and that an 'X' on a ballot paper means that you're not voting for that candidate - excellent stuff when personal vendettas are seen in public to trump common sense. The Tory guy came last, for God's sake and yet there we had Wells arguing that the seat should be given to Labour. What a perversion of a council we have under the present Tory/Labour coalition.
Diplomacy is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

steveL

Quote from: mk1 on May 06, 2016, 05: PM
Quote from: Hairy Blackhead on May 06, 2016, 05: PM

Not unlike the  fat  lying cheating pig he cuddles up to at night.

Well speaking as a fat, failed, middle-aged wanna-be journalist, I can only concur.

By the way, here's Dave Hunter's real address:

Diplomacy is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.