Local Elections - May 5th

Started by Foggy, April 08, 2016, 05: PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fred c

Silly me..... I'd forgotten, it's surprising what you can get a young person to do for a Swizzel Lolly & a couple of Refreshers  :)

steveL

Good God - I'm convinced the Tories grow these creatures on a petri dish somewhere . . .

Diplomacy is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

steveL

Diplomacy is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

Shepherd

I have a copy of RMW election leaflet!

Shepherd

Just out of interest, front page of RMW blurb, it  says:-

"As promised, since being elected in 2012 Local Conservatives continue to be the ONLY political party to refuse to accept a single penny in expenses"

Claims made in the leaflet include him "summoning the CEO of North East Ambulance with respect to lack of paramedics", and his "demands" that the town gets more paramedics. "He has been guarentteed the town will have significantly increased fully trained paramedics to cover Hartlepool by the end of the year"

He did something similar with the police and crime commissioner with respect to neighbourhood policing.

He also claims to have "summoned NHS England to Hartlepool to challenge them over their proposals to downgrade Special Care Baby Unit" and made them "back down" no less.

With respect to his reference for this work from Dr Menabawey, it says:

"Under Rays chairmaship, the council recently won a victory at the high court in London, stopping the imminent closure of the towns fertility unit. We want to go further and removethe current management at Hartlepool Hospital, but we can only do this if Ray is re-elected. Help Ray to continue to be a strong voice for all of us in Rural West. Please vote for Ray Martin-Wells on 5th May"

So Ray has been a busy boy or so he says and there was me thinking all he had done was sell out to housing developing companies (allegedly).

fred c

Quote from: mk1 on May 02, 2016, 02: AM
Notice how the orignal pics of SAB have been airbrushed to remove the bags under his eyes in one

and the creases on his forehead in another

How many of the following apply  :)

"Vanity can easily overtake wisdom. It usually overtakes common sense"

"Under all wrongdoing lies personal vanity or the feeling that we are endowed and privileged beyond our fellows"

"Vanity can apply to both insecurity and egotism"

"Any fear of aging, I think, is simply vanity"

"There's nothing so unattractive as vanity... particularly male vanity"

"Vanity is a weakness. I know this. It's a shallow dependence on the exterior self, on how one looks instead of what one is"

steveL

can someone send me a scan of RMW's leaflet please?

Paul Thompson

I hear Chrissy Akers Belcher has had his photo taken with another Doctor today......

steveL

This is the alleged posting by the good doctor on his Facebook page:

A few things to note:

1. I can't find any Facebook post by the doctor beyond 16th September 2015 when he changed his profile pic
2. The graphical error in the top right-hand corner
3. The general poor grammar and punctuation
4. The error use of the word 'and instead of 'the'
5. How the end of the penultimate sentence is left in mid-air.

Not really the expected output from someone who has based his whole career on the precision of language.

DRiddle

Well it looks like the gloves are off concerning the Tories local campaign. They're still blatantly spinning the 'we're the only party not to claim expenses' line. Despite two councillors and the monitoring officer pulling them up on it.

Still, lets hope people see through the spin.   

http://politicalscrapbook.net/2015/08/isaac-duffy-bollinger-quaffing-tory-boy-appeal-for-free-manservant/

https://tompride.wordpress.com/2014/09/30/tory-conference-delegate-celebrates-austerity-by-tweeting-bottle-of-bollinger/

whatabouthisthen

On the issue of the IVF unit and possible further action, RMW has been the driving force and has done all the work with little noticeable help from Labour Cllrs, including CAB. As he admits, he couldn't have done as much without the valuable support and assistance of the good doctor.

So, on this occasion RMW has admirably filled his Chair  of Scrutiny.

not4me

Are you really so gullible? Wells is a very recent convert to the hospital cause. After the election, assuming that he's re-elected, Wells will revert to type, forget about the hospital and go back to his main 'business' of helping his mates get their planning applications through.   

Land Phil

So much to criticise RMW for but I will leave it as this ...

RMW is the most intelligent member of the Labour group and that is what makes him a big concern.

marky

I reckon the thing people will be most talking about on Friday is the pathetically low turn out. Politicians might be bad but the general public is a disgrace.

Hartlepudlion

Unfortunately marks, I have agree with you.

However, perhaps, the people of foggy will save the town and give us cause to celebrate.