Local Elections - May 5th

Started by Foggy, April 08, 2016, 05: PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mk1

Quote from: Johnny Bongo on May 02, 2016, 12: AM
The first pic of CAB (with the Doctor) looks like it's been superimposed onto a pic of the hospital....possibly two separate pics (one of CAB, one of the Doctor) made to look like one photo!  Who would do such a thing...and why?

It is even more stupid than you can imagine. Here is the sequence.

Top is the original photo.
2nd down is how it would look it it was a straight photo-shop.
3rd pic shows that CAB wanted to take the RH spot so they did a 'horizontal flip' to pander to his vanity.

It is as fake as him!

Note they got rid of Ray.

mk1

Notice how the orignal pics of SAB have been airbrushed to remove the bags under his eyes in one

and the creases on his forehead in another

Lord Elpus

Well spotted mk1.  I remember a long line of dodgy election photos, Ray Waller usually used one taken at least ten years previously. Bob Flintoff was another serial offender.

The best (or worse) I've seen recently was Ann Marshall, Labour Candidate for Fens and Rossmere.  Looks like she's used an old photo and airbrushed it as well.

DRiddle

steveL

Serious point here in that the guy is intrinsically deceitful whether it's about his record or his looks - as Lennon said 'nothing is real' - he Photoshops his record in the same way he Photoshops his face.
Diplomacy is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

fred c

Is the Good Doctor aware of the fact his image has been adulterated for political purposes..... I suspect not, I also suspect he wouldn't be overly happy about.

Foggy

I realised there were lots of holes to pick in that leaflet but I didn't quite think there were that many. In fact its difficult to find anything genuine about it or him at all. I just hope enough people realise that and vote Darren Price.

I am trying not to get my hopes up after last years disappointment but I think the 2014 result in FF gives cause for some optimism, along with the number of people's eyes that have been opened about certain people in the last 2 years.

I see it's the turn of Rural West in the fail today. Interesting that the young Labour candidate has a very short and weak write up with no photograph.  ::)

Shepherd

mk1, the photo of the good Dr with RMW and AB, is what appears in RMW election blurb, the poses, the ties, the smug look, only in the leaflet posted through the doors in West Park, its AB who has been cut out.

The wording regarding RMW leadership, high court victory etc is exaclty the same as the wording used in support of AB, the only difference is under RMW its "chairmanship" and AB "leadership".

They do seem to have got their respective acts together, but certaily the Dr is being used for politics in the town, I wonder if he is aware?

steveL

Quote from: Shepherd on May 02, 2016, 11: AM
mk1, the photo of the good Dr with RMW and AB, is what appears in RMW election blurb, the poses, the ties, the smug look, only in the leaflet posted through the doors in West Park, its AB who has been cut out.
The wording regarding RMW leadership, high court victory etc is exaclty the same as the wording used in support of AB, the only difference is under RMW its "chairmanship" and AB "leadership".
They do seem to have got their respective acts together, but certaily the Dr is being used for politics in the town, I wonder if he is aware?

I still have serious doubts whether any of this is genuine. I would be shocked if the Doctor had allowed his name to be used in this way even if he did believe that CAB and RMW were the best thing since sliced bread; Professional people tend to have the wisdom to stay clear of politics.

In addition, the statement, "We want to go further and remove the current management of Hartlepool Hospital, but we can only do this if Christopher is re-elected" simply reeks of CAB and Wells.

Above all though, it's the grammar that just doesn't hang right. You just don't get through years of Medical School and medical practice with grammar as poor as that.
Diplomacy is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

seaton

I would have thought if the doctor knew about the photo being 'doctored', pun ! He would be issuing a statement to clarify the photo was 'doctored' ?

mk1

Quote from: seaton on May 02, 2016, 03: PM
I would have thought if the doctor knew about the photo being 'doctored', pun ! He would be issuing a statement to clarify the photo was 'doctored' ?
If as stated Ray is using the exact same wording in his leaflets with just his name/title switched for CAB  then it is must be a  fake.
Anyone got a copy of Rays version?

notenoughsaid

As a group of so called leaders they are not very clever.   The same old tactic of picking at random  a supportive passer-by  being wheeled out again. 
  About two years ago Beck and Robinson (Hart Ward) used the same stunt asking a "dog walker" for favourable comment  as they opened Hartfield swings etc.   By pure luck she turned out to be the mother of SAB!!!!!! She later went on to stand in the same ward even ringing people at home, asking for the Mr. to vote for her, not bothering to ask if the lady of the house would vote for her.   Stange.   Anyway she was not elected on that occasion.   We all know the rest and the reward of a brand new bungalow for her troubles.     No offer was made to us ........wouldn't have taken it anyway , glad I was out when she rang!!!!

Desperate people trying to cling to power. I am sick of their deceit ( well worth a check in a dictionary and thesaurus - all options fit them )  and willingness to treat the electorate with contempt.

DRiddle

I've just pulled the young Tory kid up for his comments on his Facebook page. The ones who's trying to win a seat on the Hart Ward.

He's still spinning the 'The Conservatives are the only political party in Hartlepool not to claim expenses' line.

He's still doing this despite being made aware it's not true. His 'campaign publisher' has also been made aware by Peter Devlin that the claims isn't true.

Still, this is Hartlepool. You're allowed to lie on your election leaflets.

fred c

Shouldn't he be disqualified from standing on Thursday then.  :) :) :)

DRiddle

Fred, this is HBC. He'll be given 200 votes start and some sweets.