Local Elections - May 5th

Started by Foggy, April 08, 2016, 05: PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fred c

It would verging on the impossible for Thomas to take over the leadership, the obvious problem he would face is that he works for Cwistopher.

It would be a constant, yes dear, no dear, 3 bags full dear  :) :)

steveL

Has anyone living in Foggy Furze actually received a UKIP leaflet yet?
Diplomacy is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

Foggy

I still haven't got anything and am getting a little worried that it could play into a certain person's hands.  I will still be voting for Darren Price even if I don't get a leaflet but obviously a lot of floating voters vote of the basis of the information that comes through their door.  If they don't receive anything then I hate to think what might happen. :-\

not4me

After reading some of UKIP's Mail nonsense you would think the two dormice had been running rings around the labour lot for the past two years instead of cowering under the table. They've been handed a gift by PHF but it looks like they're still trying to figure out how to get the wrapping paper off. ::)

Hartlepudlion

Well it's up you foggy people - the fate of the town is in your hands!

VOTE FOR DARREN PRICE!

Forget Labour for once!

Forget the UKIP price tag!

It's worth the sacrifice to save the town.

Oust CAB and the decent Labour Cllrs may just find the b***s and rid us of the Stalinists in the once proud Labour Party.

Unfortunately, it doesn't seem that SAB is as vulnerable. But you Manors could prove me wrong!

Come on you foggies, save the town.

beanzontoast

It is not easy to work out the mindset for Hartlepool residents when it comes to elections and dare I say it possibly another vote of confidence in Labour again this time round, things don`t change unless there is a greater desire to do so and a will to make it happen, I can tell you  those dormice refered to by not4me were not handed a gift by PHF it was more of an understanding of how best to proceed in getting a result in line with what many on this forum wanted, I might add it has not been easy to think outside the box and do what was best for all, and yes not4me we knew how to take the wrapping paper off we have done so, the rest as they say is up to you. I couldn`t put it any better than Hartlepudlion and I thank him as i do some from another party who have suffered insults for daring to forge common ground.   

mk1

Quote from: beanzontoast on April 29, 2016, 06: PM
I can tell you  those dormice refered to by not4me were not handed a gift by PHF it was more of an understanding of how best to proceed in getting a result in line with what many on this forum wanted, I might add it has not been easy to think outside the box and do what was best for all, and yes not4me we knew how to take the wrapping paper off we have done so, the rest as they say is up to you. I couldn`t put it any better than Hartlepudlion and I thank him as i do some from another party who have suffered insults for daring to forge common ground.   

My understanding is you (UKIP) were going to  run candidates in every ward because that is what the National Party has told you that you have to do. That is you were going to split the vote and thus more likely to let labour in. You had no intention of standing down and to suggest this is all some 'masterplan' UKIP worked out with others is bollocks.
Fact is the other  group stood aside and gave you free run. Time will tell if it works but in my opinion you will only be able to pull this off once.  UKIP have been inept at local issues and are so bong-eyed obsessive about 'You-Rope' that I forsee chaos when the deranged try and wangle some anti-EU spin into dog fouling or bin collection. The only chance you would have is be letting Shane dictate tactics and keeping the real nutters hidden under the stairs. Fat chance given how these  true -believers will not take kindly to some johny-come-lately getting in the way of their dream of declaring Hartlepool a 'EU Free Zone'.
I think UKIP are going to make the SCAB Cabal look intelligent!

for fawkes sake

Quote from: beanzontoast on April 29, 2016, 06: PM
It is not easy to work out the mindset for Hartlepool residents when it comes to elections and dare I say it possibly another vote of confidence in Labour again this time round, things don`t change unless there is a greater desire to do so and a will to make it happen, I can tell you  those dormice refered to by not4me were not handed a gift by PHF it was more of an understanding of how best to proceed in getting a result in line with what many on this forum wanted, I might add it has not been easy to think outside the box and do what was best for all, and yes not4me we knew how to take the wrapping paper off we have done so, the rest as they say is up to you. I couldn't put it any better than Hartlepudlion and I thank him as i do some from another party who have suffered insults for daring to forge common ground.   

If your starting point for any 'understanding' was to insist that you do your national leaders bidding and put forward a candidate in every ward then I fail to see what you have contributed to the arrangement. I see similarities to Farage's inability to work with others in the 'leave campaign' where he has been left looking like the spoilt brat in the corner of the school playground threatening to take his ball home if he can't be captain.
"Remember, remember the fifth of November.
Gunpowder, Treason and Plot.
I see no reason why Gunpowder Treason
Should ever be forgot."

beanzontoast

for fawks sake, May i remind you that it was UKIP that got you this referendum on the EU and may I also remind you that you have a vote either to stay in or come out and take our country back, even Jeremy says the EU isn`t democratic if it`s not democratic then what is it he dosen`t say I say democracy has been the english way for a very long time another word for it is freedom it is of course not perfect but at least you, yes you, can vote them out, with that out of the way the only thing i see UKIP causing you a dilema is that we have given you a choice to make but even that has been made easy for you both Labour and consevatives want to stay in stop getting on UKIP`s case because we gave you a choice.

DRiddle

Without wanting to get drawn into the 'UKIP putting themselves first' versus 'PHF putting the town first' issue being debated above, this is a litmus test election to determine where the local Labour Party are under it's current 'leadership'.

Go back 20 years or so and May 5th would be more of a question of how many votes each Labour candidate would win by. Totals of 3,000+ were not unheard of for local Labour candidates.

Things have changed.

Even under what is arguably the most hated Tory government since Thatcher's, when usually 'opposition' Labour councillors do very well in local elections, i'd be surprised if any of the current lot poll over 900 votes.

I also think the Foggy Furze seat will be won, or way or the other, by a majority of less than 150.

That's some sorry state of affairs when you've got a Tory government carving up the NHS, doctors out on strike, mass protests on the streets of London calling for the Tory PM to resign.... yet in a Labour heartland like Hartlepool, the Labour leader may or may not limp home in what should be a safe ward in an historically very safe Labour town.

Still, that's democracy ... beautiful isn't it?  ;D

mk1

Quote from: beanzontoast on April 29, 2016, 08: PM
another word for it is freedom..........

You sound just like that other famous racist Mel Gibson in Braveheart. Give it up this stupid idiotic obsession with the EU. You are all fecking lunatics

for fawkes sake

for fawks sake, May i remind you that it was UKIP that got you this referendum on the EU and may I also remind you that you have a vote either to stay in or come out and take our country back, even Jeremy says the EU isn`t democratic if it`s not democratic then what is it he dosen`t say I say democracy has been the english way for a very long time another word for it is freedom it is of course not perfect but at least you, yes you, can vote them out, with that out of the way the only thing i see UKIP causing you a dilema is that we have given you a choice to make but even that has been made easy for you both Labour and consevatives want to stay in stop getting on UKIP`s case because we gave you a choice.
My post was on the subject of the local elections; my concern has always been that UKIP are not in the least bit interested in local politics and are unable to debate anything for any length of time without falling back to the one of their only two interests - something you have just proven perfectly.
"Remember, remember the fifth of November.
Gunpowder, Treason and Plot.
I see no reason why Gunpowder Treason
Should ever be forgot."

mk1

I say democracy has been the english way for a very long time

But not as long as other nations. You do not even know basic history if you think 'England (another stumble  by the little Englanders) can teach Europe about Male suffrage. I checked and France, Germany and Switzerland were well ahead of the backward UK. But I know little  things like 'facts' never make any impression on  deluded people who 'know' they are right.

beanzontoast

For Fawkes Sake, I accept this topic was about Local elections and lets by all means stick to that, I do however have a confession to make and that is when I joined this forum I was asked to have a user name, I did this in good faith and with the belief we would ALL operate under the same code ie we could all put our points across, rightly or wrongly but overall have debate.
Many on this forum have took it upon themselves to find out which person was attached to their user name, which I feel does degrade what this site was intended to aspire to, nevertheless this site has a lot to commend it.
May I say for my part, apart from a very few user names attached to real persons, I don`t know who you are nor do I solicit nor wish to, I also believe this was the intended view of the Hartlepool Forum.

With the above statement in mind, and with the less than favourable view of SAB and CAB from many on this forum, and bearing in mind i don`t know who you are or which ward you are in, and based on Hartlepudlion `s thread.

I challenge you to make known on this forum who YOU  have or intend to vote for next Thursday.

mk1

Quote from: beanzontoast on April 29, 2016, 09: PM

Many on this forum have took it upon themselves to find out which person was attached to their user name, which I feel does degrade what this site was intended to aspire to, nevertheless this site has a lot to commend it.
May I say for my part, apart from a very few user names attached to real persons, I don`t know who you are nor do I solicit nor wish to, I also believe this was the intended view of the Hartlepool Forum.

Hartlepool is a small place. Everyone knows everyone else. Lots of people post here and part of the fun is working out (not very difficult) which councillor is using which name.  SAB/CAB/Alan Clark/ Barclay/Drummond have all given it a go. You simply screamed UKIP and the connection was made. Was it a such a big secret?