Local Elections - May 5th

Started by Foggy, April 08, 2016, 05: PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mk1

I am sure Evelyn Lek would be glad to show you her certificate. I believe she will win in Burn Valley as she is locally respected and has loads of local support.

Just tell us what it is for. I get the distinct impression you are 'less than keen' for us to know exactly what this degree is for and hoping we assume it is in Quantum Mechanics or the like....

Foggy

Quote from: Stephen T on April 20, 2016, 04: PM
Quote from: Foggy on April 14, 2016, 06: PM
^That's not a vision I need thanks  >:(

CAB and his band of followers needn't bother knocking at my door. 

I wonder if 'Bill' Reeve will be out canvassing.  I doubt that very much.  Incidentally, what is it with RMW's relatives using their middle name for election purposes? Just another example of certain people trying to mislead the public.  I know why they are 'standing' but these fake candidates shouldn't be allowed to stand as far as I'm concerned.  It's a joke that has gone on too long.

I thought Bill worked for the council in Brierton Health Centre?
Scott Reeve you mean.  RMW daughter's boyfriend I believe.  Paper candidate.

Foggy

I see the Mail's daily election feature has started today:

http://www.hartlepoolmail.co.uk/news/local/hartlepool-council-elections-who-will-get-your-vote-in-burn-valley-1-7870676

All I have to say is it's a shame for the people of Burn Valley that Jonathan Brash stepped down.

Lord Elpus

From Facebook;

'SAB and Ann Marshall in Honiton way door knocking. Walking up and down looking lost. Response not looking good as both are legging it up the road and are heading towards Truro drive. Even two dog walkers didn't stop to talk to them Seems the young lad with them has been left behind. Nice day for it though'.

fred c

I believe that Lying Ste is now regarded as figure of derision by the majority of people in the town, he & his other half have made the town a laughing stock with their antics & fashionista exibitionism.

I am really looking forward to a tap on the door from the `Boys`

Lord Elpus

Quote from: fred c on April 23, 2016, 07: AM
I believe that Lying Ste is now regarded as figure of derision by the majority of people in the town, he & his other half have made the town a laughing stock with their antics & fashionista exibitionism.

I am really looking forward to a tap on the door from the `Boys`

Your details will have been firming underlined in the electoral roll, Carl used to mark non Labour supporters with crayon, so the canvassers knew not to knock on the door.  You'll have been underlined in green crayon.

Hartlepudlion

Fred c.

They are not brave enough but they are daft enough.

As EL reports, you have probably been redacted!

Foggy

I can't believe what I have just read on Facebook.  :o Someone has said that Mohamed El Menabawey has posted this on his Facebook:

To all my Hartlepool friends. The battle for the preservation and survival of our hospital is intensifying. In fact it is a battle for the very survival of our town. If we lost the hospital we loose a large irreplaceable employer with dire consequences. A strong team of councillors together with Ian Wright the town's MP has been formed to reverse and closure of various departments and preserve the hospital.

It is important that team is kept together and those councillors who are undertaking this important task particularly Mr Ray Martin Wells and Christopher Ackers-Belcher. I hope they are re- elected.

I should say that I have not seen this post with my own eyes as I am not a friend of Mr El Menabawey but if this is genuine it is nothing short of disgraceful. Hopefully people will see through these attempts to manipulate the electorate but I really don't know how an intelligent man has been taken in by these idiots.

Although on the plus side it does appear that CAB and RMW are a little worried about May 5th.

Shepherd

RMW pushed his election leaflet through the door this week, banner headline "keeping our promises"

That would be the promises to the developers I would guess, however within its glossy pages is an entry from Mr Menabawey

Under Ray's chairmanship, the council recently won a victory at the high court in London, stopping the imminent closure of the towns fertility unit. We want to go further and remove the current management at Hartlepool Hospital, but we can only do this if Ray is re-elcted.

Help Ray to continue to be a strong voice for all of us in Rural West, Please vote for Ray Martin-Wells on the 5th May

I have met Mr Menabawey a few times and my impression of him is that of an honest, sincere man with the best interests of the community as a priority. He has spent his life building the fertility clinic in the town and it must have broke his heart to learn they wanted to close it. Unfortunately that leaves him open to approaches from opportunists like RMW and the SCABS, who will promise the earth for a good reference. A great pity!

There is no mention in his leaflet about his collaboration with SENECA etc to build a couple of thousand houses in Rural West?

steveL

I think I would like to see a screenshot of this as I've had a look at his Facebook account and can't see anything of the sort.

RMW has something of a reputation for writing other people's election leaflets and basically making things up. At one stage, he even forged George Morris' signature on one of George's leaflets. He's quite capable of asking the Dr if it's OK 'to write something' and put the Dr's name on it.

Someone post an actual screen shot taken directly from the Doctor's FB page please. Personally, I don't think the Dr's stupid enough to willingly allow his professional name to be used and manipulated in this way.
Diplomacy is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

pensionater

Asking people for screen shots of someone's personal facebook page,mmmmmmmmmm.And him a very well respected Doctor.How low will you go??????.

mk1

Quote from: pensionater on April 23, 2016, 06: PM
Asking people for screen shots of someone's personal facebook page,mmmmmmmmmm.And him a very well respected Doctor.How low will you go??????.

Claim made that  certain words on Doctors Facebook page.
Doctors Facebook page checked and no such words found.
Simple request for screen grabs of said words.

fred c

I think you should be addressing that question to the manufacturer of the dodgy FB posts.

steveL

Asking people for screen shots of someone's personal facebook page,mmmmmmmmmm.And him a very well respected Doctor.How low will you go? ??? ??.

So a guy puts (or doesn't put) comments on Facebook for all to see but you then argue he is entitled to some sort of privacy?
Diplomacy is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

DRiddle

What's worth keeping an eye on when the dust settles after the election is the situation with these 5 councillors below. This data is from 2014. I've included the raw number of votes they got in their ward. I've focused on just these 5 because they are the ONLY 5 of the people who won a seat in the 2014 'all out' who have opted to defend it this May. The other 6 have either retired or opted not to defend the seat for various reasons.

In my view, this will be the true measure of the 'strength' of the Labour/Tory vote in the town. The other 6 wards have 'new' candidates who will potentially bring with them a 'clean slate' and most come with no obvious baggage which would immediately dramatically effect the vote. However, these 5 below have a measurable track record of 4 years (more in some cases) under their belts. The question is, are the voters in these 5 wards still happy with their choice of PARTY? but more importantly are the voters in these 5 wards still happy with the PERSON?

Stephen James AKERS-BELCHER                  The Labour Party Candidate                     906                                 (Manor)

Ray WELLS                                          Local Conservatives                            1039                         (Rural West)

Jean ROBINSON                                          The Labour Party Candidate                      713                         (Hart)

Christopher AKERS-BELCHER                  The Labour Party Candidate                      895                         (Foggy Furze)

Jim AINSLIE                                          The Labour Party Candidate                      763                         (Headland)

I'm not going to make any public statements about the candidates above. I don't feel I need to.

Oh and by the way, in 2014 in Foggy Furze the following number of 'non-Labour' votes were cast.

Putting Hartlepool First   512
UK Independence Party   377
Local Conservatives           223
Liberal Democrat           148

That's 1,260 non-labour votes against CAB's total of 895.

Still, maybe that was just a flash in the pan eh?

Let's look at 2015 in Foggy Furze.

Chris CASSIDY - UK Independence Party (UKIP) - 1028
Kevin CRANNEY - The Labour Party Candidate - 1330 (Elected)
Diane MCINTYRE - The Green Party - 188
Darren Paul PRICE - Putting Hartlepool First - 623
Bill REEVE - Local Conservatives - 531

Cranney won it with 1,330 Labour votes.

But there were another 2,370 non-labour voters seemingly unwilling to put a cross next to the rose.

It's going to be an interesting one Foggy Furze.  ::)