Local Elections - May 5th

Started by Foggy, April 08, 2016, 05: PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stephen T

Quote from: marky on April 16, 2016, 02: PM
In UKIP's Seaton leaflet, they have put a little bar-chart of the General Election vote with the blurb that only UKIP can challenge Labour. Somehow they forget to mention that this is a local election, not a General Election, and that last time UKIP lost to an Independent with Labour trailing badly in third place.

In a way, I suppose it's further confirmation that UKIP take no interest in local matters and think every election is a national matter.

Last election the unknown UKIP candidate who was born in the south of the country lost to the established standing councillor by only 18 votes. The irony is that 2 of the people who voted for him are standing for election this year in our wards for UKIP.

steveL

Angie Wilcox  could show the paperwork which said she had more degrees than Professor Celsius
Diplomacy is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

crisstw

you can get a degree in hairdressing nowadays, I also know people with degrees who are thick as pigsh*t.... it doesn't mean a thing.

mk1

Quote from: Stephen T on April 19, 2016, 08: PM
At least four of the UKIP candidates hold degrees including EVELYN LEK.

I am pretty sure the 2 current UKIP Councillors do not.
Don't feel too bad. Most of the Labour Group are as thick as your average UKIP voter.

mk1

Many mentions of a degree but no indication as to which degree. Why is that?

Lord Elpus

Quote, Stephen T; 'At least four of the UKIP candidates hold degrees including EVELYN LEK'. 

I'd love to see the proof of that.  Seriously, she's barking (in my opinion).

Iris (the virus) Ryder, Evelyn's mate in standing in Seaton Carew for the Greens, it'll be interesting to see how many votes these two get, I doubt they'll get more than 50 each.

steveL

I'll show you mine if you show me yours . . !
Diplomacy is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

DRiddle

The 'degree debate' about councillors always makes me laugh. Look at Cranney, there's absolutely no doubt academically he's thicker than a whale omelette. But he's found a way to 'survive', like a street hustler flogging moody perfume does, or a fella on the promenade at Tenerife tricking tourists into playing 'find the lady'.... (the lady being a granny in Kevin's case).

Then there's Ged Hall, on paper he's the cleverest man in the Labour Group, I'm told he's been to Cambridge. That said, I don't know if it was the famous old university or he just took a wrong turn off the M11. Even if he IS clever, he's currently had his 'political career' curtailed by people who couldn't even find Cambridge on a map..... a map OF Cambridge.

And of course there's SAB. I'll bet good money my dog has more b0llocks than SAB has GCSEs.

In fact, I'll bet good money that Hitler had more b0llocks than SAB has GCSEs. . .

Shepherd

Democracy in Hartepool had led to a kakistocracy.

Lord Elpus

kak·is·toc·ra·cies. Government by the least qualified or most unprincipled citizens. Origin of kakistocracy. Greek kakistos, worst, superlative of kakos, bad; see caco– + –cracy.

I'd agree with that.

DRiddle

My dog's been castrated by the way... but I stand by my argument.

The Great Dictator

I doubt he went to Cambridge to train as a teacher..

Stephen T

Quote from: Lord Elpus on April 19, 2016, 10: PM
Quote, Stephen T; 'At least four of the UKIP candidates hold degrees including EVELYN LEK'. 

Iris (the virus) Ryder, Evelyn's mate in standing in Seaton Carew for the Greens, it'll be interesting to see how many votes these two get, I doubt they'll get more than 50 each.

I am sure Evelyn Lek would be glad to show you her certificate. I believe she will win in Burn Valley as she is locally respected and has loads of local support.

Stephen T

Quote from: Foggy on April 14, 2016, 06: PM
^That's not a vision I need thanks  >:(

CAB and his band of followers needn't bother knocking at my door. 

I wonder if 'Bill' Reeve will be out canvassing.  I doubt that very much.  Incidentally, what is it with RMW's relatives using their middle name for election purposes? Just another example of certain people trying to mislead the public.  I know why they are 'standing' but these fake candidates shouldn't be allowed to stand as far as I'm concerned.  It's a joke that has gone on too long.

I thought Bill worked for the council in Brierton Health Centre?

Lord Elpus

Quote from: Stephen T on April 20, 2016, 04: PM
Quote from: Lord Elpus on April 19, 2016, 10: PM

I am sure Evelyn Lek would be glad to show you her certificate. I believe she will win in Burn Valley as she is locally respected and has loads of local support.

Locally respected, give over. Pop down to Stranton Green and ask businesses down there what they think of her, far from what I'd call respect.  Ask her when she going to rent her shop out.

She may well have a certificate, but I doubt its little more than a 'bonio fido' degree.