Local Elections - May 5th

Started by Foggy, April 08, 2016, 05: PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mk1

Quote from: Lord Elpus on April 14, 2016, 02: PM

Keep knocking Marge, your doing a grand job.  Your personality and electioneering technique has been commented on by loads of residents.  A number asked where you got your hair done.

The woman has no redeeming qualities. If anyone dares to criticise her to her face she defaults to swearing and shouting and covering you in spittle. She is just an ignorant female version of Cranney.(hmmm.  I wonder if Cranney has slept with mar................)

Foggy

^That's not a vision I need thanks  >:(

CAB and his band of followers needn't bother knocking at my door. 

I wonder if 'Bill' Reeve will be out canvassing.  I doubt that very much.  Incidentally, what is it with RMW's relatives using their middle name for election purposes? Just another example of certain people trying to mislead the public.  I know why they are 'standing' but these fake candidates shouldn't be allowed to stand as far as I'm concerned.  It's a joke that has gone on too long.

Inspector Knacker

We had the Bash St Kids around electioneering. Knock on the door, man with unfocused eyes thrust leaflet into my hand and mumbled , " we're out supporting Christopher in the local election" pointing in the vague direction of something that looked like a peroxide pinnochio impersonater. He followed this up by a sort of abrupt command, " you'll be voting for Christopher" then awaited a reply, which duly received a restrained reply. Apparently unhappy with the reply he scuttled off like a three legged hedgehog crossing the A19 and reported to his master.
What can be asserted without proof,
can be dismissed without proof.

ReturntoZenda

Quote from: Sanddancer on April 14, 2016, 05: PM
Again I ask aloud...Who is Jean Robinson?? I have lived in Hart for 35 years and never clapped eyes on her....including during the Traveller Saga.

she used to get in the gillens all the time when i was unfortunate enough to be courting a lass from up that way. constantly pis*ed.

DRiddle

Quote from: Lord Elpus on April 14, 2016, 02: PM

Keep knocking Marge, your doing a grand job.  Your personality and electioneering technique has been commented on by loads of residents.  A number asked where you got your hair done.

The woman has no redeeming qualities. If anyone dares to criticise her to her face she defaults to swearing and shouting and covering you in spittle. She is just an ignorant female version of Cranney

I honestly don't know why people are 'scared' of her. She's a cartoon character. I understand officers not wanting to make waves due to their job security etc. but members of the public and free thinking councillors have nothing to fear.

It's the classic 'play ground bully' façade which she uses to hide behind. All mouth, snide comments, shouting, staring at people, it's laughable. She's never so much as dared utter two words to me aside from across the floor of the chamber. In other meetings she talks 'to me' via somebody else.... "Will somebody tell him to speak up or turn his microphone on... etc" when she herself is sat a few feet away from me.

She's a coward, same a Cranney. They just need standing up to.

She's reluctant to engage people like me, Brashie and Thompson in conversation or proper debate, because she knows she's intellectually way out of her depth.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not claiming to be Stephen Hawking or anything, but I do know that if a property developer removes a 200 year old tree when developing a housing estate it's going to be pretty hard to "Replace it with another 200 year old tree".

I also know that if a ten foot neon sign was erected on the Mayfair Centre, it would be very unlikely to be "a danger" to 150,000 tonne cargo ships several miles out to sea.

I also know that if a local pub opted to build a small, designated, 'no smoking area' within their own car park it wouldn't be a "distraction to drivers". I'm a driver, i have been for 20 years and I can honestly say that never once have I been driving my car and crashed it due to spotting a couple of fellas lighting up a benson and hedges.

I actually hope Ms Leck wins Burn Valley.

I honestly think I could make a million by making a documentary of her and Marge verbally going toe to toe in the chamber.

steveL

Labour have 22 councillors and need 17 to have a majority but as we know the 3 Tories will continue to vote with Labour so long as Wells' developer friends are given carte blanche. In effect, this means that Labour have to lose 9 seats to lose their majority. That's a big ask.

A more realistic target is the 2/3 majority they need to get the annual budget through. I expect Labour to lose seats because they have benefited from the split opposition vote in recent years and especially from the cross-over vote from last year's General Election.

UKIP have been given their chance in their swansong year but it's far from certain they have the intelligence to take advantage of it.
Diplomacy is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

hartlepool sea coalers

in reply to DRIDDLE we hartlepool seacoalers showed maj james up for what she is a lying conniving  manipulative woman
and your right stand up to the woman and she crawls back with the lying conniving labour  lot she  THINKS can protect her NOT

marky

There's miles of distance between what UKIP think they are and what they have turned out to be locally as councillors. Where they get this arrogance from is beyond me. For all of their talk of being the only alternative they have turned out to be a non-event in the council with nothing to say. They may as well sit in the public seats for all the contribution they make.

On their leaflets, they claim to be the only real challenge to Labour but have they ever challenged anything that Labour has done? Seems to me that they just sit there like lemons while the independents do all the work.

The Great Dictator

Its a shame the tories deliberately placed a candidate there to split the vote, UKIP could have won the seat.

fred c

Passing along Lister St yesterday i noticed Barclay leafleting, camo jacket, pants hanging off his a**e & pair of 'trainers'....i can only hope he was also knocking on doors canvasing, definitely  a vote loser.

Quote.....DRiddle
"I honestly think I could make a million by making a documentary of her and Marge verbally going toe to toe in the chamber"

It could end up with officers having to step in.... Ala Cranney  :)

marky

In UKIP's Seaton leaflet, they have put a little bar-chart of the General Election vote with the blurb that only UKIP can challenge Labour. Somehow they forget to mention that this is a local election, not a General Election, and that last time UKIP lost to an Independent with Labour trailing badly in third place.

In a way, I suppose it's further confirmation that UKIP take no interest in local matters and think every election is a national matter.

Foggy

I have now received CAB's election rag.  It will be going in the recycling but I would like to ask him a few things:

How did you personally contribute to reducing youth unemployment by 80%?
How did you personally help to create 150 apprenticeships?
How did you personally help 900 people to live independently?
How did you personally attract new businesses to Hartlepool?

I could go on all day but I wont.  I don't suppose I will be getting an answer to those questions.  Although I know he will read this so I challenge 'The Leader' to have a crack at answering them and other people's questions.

To a normal person it would seem very wrong that a political party can make totally untrue statements and get away with it.  It's about time Ms Alexander and Mr Devlin basically actually does something about these claims.

mk1

In a way, I suppose it's further confirmation that UKIP take no interest in local matters and think every election is a national matter.

It is UKIP policy to 'do nothing' with its local councillors. The reasoning is if they do not do anything then no one can complain about them. They are only concerned about keeping the name UKIP in the spotlight and Farage could not care less about local issues. 'We' just have to accept we mean nothing other than as a way of getting a deeply repugnant political party some 'neutral' publicity.  Some of the prospective UKIP candidates make SAB look intelligent!

DRiddle

QuoteSome of the prospective UKIP candidates make SAB look intelligent!

Poor SAB, everyone has a pop at him suggesting he's a bit thick. Personally I think he's done very well.

One minute he was chained to a wall in the basement of an abandoned restaurant in Astoria in Oregon, then before you know it he's Mayor of Hartlepool.

Lord Elpus

I must be getting soft in my old age (pensioner).  Poor Ann Marshall has never been the most elegant of walkers, in my opinion her gait has always been agricultural to say the least. 

I felt for the poor lass Saturday night, out delivering leaflets on her own in Fens and Rossmere Ward. It looked like hard work and she obviously would have rather been somewhere else.  Making an educated guess she seemed to be suffering from a bit of chaffing, nowt a good dusting of talcum powder would not ease.