Local Elections - May 5th

Started by Foggy, April 08, 2016, 05: PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fred c

I don't see any difference, between right wing facists & psuedo left wingers, the present incumbents have been ripping the a**e out of their positions as local councillors for far to long.
If by electing a number of ukip councillors, Labour North take a long hard look at the way the LabTor Mob operate it may just be worth it.
If after they are elected they perform like those already in the chamber, they will be out after 1 term.
The positive would be that the Dynamic Duo would be off the gravy train.

fred c

Its on the council link on the front page

mk1

Quote from: Lord Elpus on April 12, 2016, 11: AM
It's just very long sentence, Capital letter at the start and full stop at the end.

Compared to Evelyn Leck (UKIP Candidate for Burn Valley) Hind is a veritable scholar.  (As only Evelyn and say, 'you know what I mean like').

I'd like to think that thinks can only get better but I'm of the opinion they might even get worse.

Being thick is no bar to getting elected. Labour always  put the stupidest councillors in charge of the group. SAB and Cranney are borderline morons. Mad Dog would also struggle to finish a Sun Crossword.

Foggy

Quote from: Alnwickist on April 12, 2016, 12: PM
Link anyone please for the list.
Seeing as like finding anything on the Fail website is very frustrating and like trying to find a needle in a haystack here is the full list:

BURN VALLEY

Dave Hunter (Labour)
Evelyn Leck (UKIP)
Andrew Martin-Wells (Cons)

DE BRUCE

Brenda Mary Harrison (Labour)
Alan Hind (UKIP) - Although the surname was printed 'Hid' in the Fail
Jean McKenna (Cons)
Carl Aaron Robertson (Independent)

FENS AND ROSSMERE

Bob Buchan (UKIP)
Tom Casey (Green)
Dennis Loynes (Cons)
Ann Marshall (Labour)

FOGGY FURZE

Christopher Akers-Belcher (Labour)
Darren Paul Price (UKIP)
Bill Reeve (Cons)

HART

Bob Addison (UKIP)
Isaac Duffy (Cons)
Keith Fisher (Independent)
Kenneth Holt (Green)
Jean Robinson (Labour)

HEADLAND AND HARBOUR

Jim Ainslie (Labour)
Chris Broadbent (Cons)
Shane Moore (UKIP)

JESMOND

Robbie Payne (Labour)
John Tennant (UKIP)
Jayne Wells (Cons)

MANOR HOUSE

Stephen Akers-Belcher (Labour)
Pam Gooderham (UKIP)
Tracey Hutchison (Cons)

RURAL WEST

Chris Cassidy (UKIP)
Michael Holt (Green)
Ray Martin-Wells (Cons)
Syed Shahan Miah (Labour)

SEATON

James Black (PHF)
Martin Dunbar (Labour)
Philip Lindley (UKIP)
Sue Little (Independent)
Iris Ryder (Green)
Mike Young (Cons)

VICTORIA

Christopher James Eddie (Green)
Steve Gooderham (UKIP)
Lesley Hamilton (Labour)
Claire Wells (Cons)

seaton

Quote from: Foggy on April 12, 2016, 01: PM
Quote from: Alnwickist on April 12, 2016, 12: PM
Link anyone please for the list.
Seeing as like finding anything on the Fail website is very frustrating and like trying to find a needle in a haystack here is the full list:

BURN VALLEY

I thought Cranney was up for re election ?

Dave Hunter (Labour)
Evelyn Leck (UKIP)
Andrew Martin-Wells (Cons)

DE BRUCE

Brenda Mary Harrison (Labour)
Alan Hind (UKIP) - Although the surname was printed 'Hid' in the Fail
Jean McKenna (Cons)
Carl Aaron Robertson (Independent)

FENS AND ROSSMERE

Bob Buchan (UKIP)
Tom Casey (Green)
Dennis Loynes (Cons)
Ann Marshall (Labour)

FOGGY FURZE

Christopher Akers-Belcher (Labour)
Darren Paul Price (UKIP)
Bill Reeve (Cons)

HART

Bob Addison (UKIP)
Isaac Duffy (Cons)
Keith Fisher (Independent)
Kenneth Holt (Green)
Jean Robinson (Labour)

HEADLAND AND HARBOUR

Jim Ainslie (Labour)
Chris Broadbent (Cons)
Shane Moore (UKIP)

JESMOND

Robbie Payne (Labour)
John Tennant (UKIP)
Jayne Wells (Cons)

MANOR HOUSE

Stephen Akers-Belcher (Labour)
Pam Gooderham (UKIP)
Tracey Hutchison (Cons)

RURAL WEST

Chris Cassidy (UKIP)
Michael Holt (Green)
Ray Martin-Wells (Cons)
Syed Shahan Miah (Labour)

SEATON

James Black (PHF)
Martin Dunbar (Labour)
Philip Lindley (UKIP)
Sue Little (Independent)
Iris Ryder (Green)
Mike Young (Cons)

VICTORIA

Christopher James Eddie (Green)
Steve Gooderham (UKIP)
Lesley Hamilton (Labour)
Claire Wells (Cons)

Foggy

Cranney was re-elected last year unfortunately.  Luckily for him his year fell in the same year as a general election.  Kaylee Sirs didn't win by much the previous year when there was no general election. This year could be interesting.

Regarding the Hart ward, I really can't believe that Jean Robinson has the nerve to stand again. Saying she is as much use as a chocolate fireguard is insulting to chocolate fireguards.

Alnwickist

Michael Holt in Rural west could be interesting,well known and liked up there. Has been very much against the Wells activities, and he knows how to speak in public.

steveL

UKIP are beyond hope. You lay out a path for them; provide them with a torch and STILL they f*c* it up. ::)

Anyone feel inclined to search the archives for some of the anti-UKIP rhetoric that Shane used to come out with? - should be a hoot  ;)

There was a Newsnight item last week suggesting that Farage is busy pre-occupying himself with what comes after June 23rd. Whatever the outcome, the item suggested, UKIP is pretty much goosed and Farage is putting 'feelers' out that the party should turn itself into some sort of on-line pressure group - not very ambitious, but probably realistic.

I assume the search is on for anyone even semi-literate within the ranks.
Diplomacy is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

Foggy

Link to the statement of persons nominated if anyone is interested:

https://www.hartlepool.gov.uk/downloads/file/1925/hartlepool_-_local_government_elections_-_statement_of_persons_nominated_-_7416pdf

Good for joining a few dots  ::)

Also, it seems you don't have to be a resident of the town to be nominated for election. In my opinion you should be.

mk1

Quote from: steveL on April 12, 2016, 05: PM
There was a Newsnight item last week suggesting that Farage is busy pre-occupying himself with what comes after June 23rd. Whatever the outcome, the item suggested, UKIP is pretty much goosed and Farage is putting 'feelers' out that the party should turn itself into some sort of on-line pressure group - not very ambitious, but probably realistic.

I have been reading up on the  way Farage is trying to regain  personal control of UKIP.  After his  idiotic 'I resign/I refuse to accept my resignation' moment he was forced  to allow others some say in UKIP running. Post EU vote I am hearing he is going to 'relaunch' the party as some sort of internet thingy where policy is decided by the number of Emails he gets. I suspect he is looking to recast himself as Trump and become the old one-man-band UKIP of old. I suspect a lurch even further too the right but (like Trump) he will fail because there simply is not enough looneys to get  him into power.

minime

Jean Robinson is a joke. She did absolutely nothing to help the Hart residents during the gypsy site fiasco. She is there purely and simply for the allowance and has no interest in anything else.

I'm hoping she will not be as lucky as Beck was last year.  Having one too many candidates last year saved him. We could have probably done with one less this year.

Land Phil

I feel the same about my ward Seaton, too many candidates.

Lord Elpus

I understand Mad Dog has been knocking on doors in Fens and Rossmere Ward for Labour candidate, Ann Marshall. 

Keep knocking Marge, your doing a grand job.  Your personality and electioneering technique has been commented on by loads of residents.  A number asked where you got your hair done.

fred c

I wonder if Larry, Curly & Mo are canvasing as a trio, it would be akin to having, Prof Stanley Unwin, Jimmy James & Hilda Baker knocking on your door.

It seems that people are starting to see through the masquerade cloaking members of the LabMob.

Sanddancer

Again I ask aloud...Who is Jean Robinson?? I have lived in Hart for 35 years and never clapped eyes on her....including during the Traveller Saga.