Jackson

Started by craig finton, May 16, 2016, 03: PM

Previous topic - Next topic

craig finton

Was Jackson one of those hoping CAB would lose in Foggy Furze? I wonder.

Lord Elpus

I'd put my own money on it.

Foggy

The timing appears to suggest that.  He always appeared to me to keep his distance from certain people.

Lord Elpus

In my opinion Peter Jackson is a decent guy, when he was in Drummonds Cabinet he was fair and always did his best and would always be willing to talk problems through to find a sensible solution.

I've often wondered why he's stuck it within the Labour Group for so long, I get the impression he's not too well liked by the so called Civic Leaders.  I don't think he has much time for Mad Dog and it appears to be reciprocated.

steveL

Quote"I get the impression he's not too well liked by the so called Civic Leaders. "
Probably because he has a brain
Diplomacy is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

Lord Elpus

Quote from: steveL on May 17, 2016, 08: AM
Quote"I get the impression he's not too well liked by the so called Civic Leaders. "
Probably because he has a brain

The current Labour leadership so remind me of Pol Pot and the Khmer Rouge, in as much as their obvious unease with so called intellectuals.  Any Councillors with a decent education and experience in the real world are seen as being members of the bourgeoisie and not to be trusted.  I've seen this trait so many times especially in Mad Dog and Richardson (both self proclaimed Stalinists) and also in SAB; although in the case of the SCABS they seem very keen to portray a liking for a bourgeoisie lifestyle.

I'm not suggesting that the current Labour Leadership are planning a killing fields type culling of the population, however, Richardson has still got his little book full of names, some underlined (I understand my name is in it, underlined twice in green ink).

However, I suspect if they were given the power to send counter revolutionary types to the Gulag I'd be sharing a cattle truck with most of the people who post on this site - bags I - to stand next to the bucket of disinfectant.