Support local businesses...........

Started by mk1, April 19, 2018, 10: PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mk1

The Labour Office in South Road is being redecorated. Lots of work going on but why is it a Billingham Firm doing the work?

Inspector Knacker

Maybe Man about Town Mike thinks Billingham is local.
Maybe it's because of the 'cuts' and there'll be a comment in his column blaming the government or the Pixies in the Wood. Doubtless a photo of him will appear in our glorious local press giving us the full story behind 'Paintergate'.
What can be asserted without proof,
can be dismissed without proof.

Johnny Bongo

Quote from: mk1 on April 19, 2018, 10: PM
The Labour Office in South Road is being redecorated. Lots of work going on but why is it a Billingham Firm doing the work?
Maybe they are specially trained to work in 'toxic' environments...or no-one in Hartlepool wanted to be 'associated' with it!  Btw, is the outside being painted with red and blue stripes?

Stig of the Seaton Dump

I hear they are finding it near impossible to gild something and might have to settle for rolling it in glitter.
I don't believe it.

jeffh

Quote from: Inspector Knacker on April 20, 2018, 06: AM
Maybe Man about Town Mike thinks Billingham is local.
Maybe it's because of the 'cuts' and there'll be a comment in his column blaming the government or the Pixies in the Wood. Doubtless a photo of him will appear in our glorious local press giving us the full story behind 'Paintergate'.
Maybe our esteemed member knows something we don't know and Billingham will be classed as local

isolde

its time we as a town started to complain

Inspector Knacker

Quote from: isolde on April 23, 2018, 08: AM
its time we as a town started to complain
The only way to complain is at the ballot box. As long as a fair percentage of the town have had their brains used as a waste paper basket for their parents and grandparents political loyalty, we will be saddled with this lot.
I have no objection whatsoever to a Labour Council, but I don't consider this a Labour Council. However, I'd much prefer Party politics to be excluded at local government level all together.
The trouble with ALL Party's is the Party always comes first.

fred c

I have to correct you on this....... In Hartlepool with the local Tory Party..... Labour comes first. :D

Inspector Knacker

Quote from: fred c on April 23, 2018, 05: PM
I have to correct you on this....... In Hartlepool with the local Tory Party..... Labour comes first. :D
Surely they're a subsidiary of Labour now in Hartlepool? Shouldn't they change their name to something more fitting?