Wingfield Castle Car Park

Started by station cat, April 09, 2018, 04: PM

Previous topic - Next topic

station cat

Just driven past the car park next to the Wingfield Castle and it's all fenced off. Anyone any idea what's going on?

Inspector Knacker

Went past this morning and saw it. Event or developer?
What can be asserted without proof,
can be dismissed without proof.

Heknocks68

Could be a new kid on the block or similar, who knows, so long as its absorbent what could possibly go wrong. Could be palatable. Anyone know who fenced it off? Local or otherwise, hmmm hope the insurance and security is in place. Could be a class piece of election voting calculator. Maybe its a pen for the cowboys to secure there horses prior to a shindig. Just maybe. Has Ian  Dury and the block heads got a gig on!

Heknocks68

Of course, nothing is set in stone!!!!

Inspector Knacker

The other side where the fairgrounds go was having fences put up this afternoon as we drove past, my oppo told me it was Seymours doing it?
Maybe it's a Gulag?

Inspector Knacker

Correction, the fencing has not gone up on the land behind the Mecca, but looks like they're digging holes for fence posts on the quayside location.

Gustaf I of England + BWH

Temporary storage facility for Seymours to keep materials ( lots of pallets apparently) for the Church Street revamp is what I am hearing. The council don't have sufficient room in any of their depots to accommodate it, what with all the carpets, kitchen gear etc. to look after. Seems some unspecified organisation ( possibly the council) has done a deal at short notice with presumably the owners to use the site.

Inspector Knacker

The 'fence' they're installing behind the wire fencing is two feet high 4x4, the sort of twee stuff you see around car parks or paths.

station cat

Yes, definitely more than a temporary storage facility going on there.

Stig of the Seaton Dump

Sad that it leaves nowhere for a quiet sit with a sandwich etc. When you have a half hour break.

Docks is no longer a public amenity.
I don't believe it.

Inspector Knacker

Quote from: Stig of the Seaton Dump on April 18, 2018, 11: PM
Sad that it leaves nowhere for a quiet sit with a sandwich etc. When you have a half hour break.

I made that mistake yesterday. If I'm out and about I pull in there with a sandwich for a peac ful 20 minutes and the experience of driving over a recreation of the Somme Battlefield. Turned up yesterday and realised there was nowhere else to go, back to base to eat it. :(

Heknocks68

Quote from: Stig of the Seaton Dump on April 18, 2018, 11: PM

What do yo want?
A tourist attraction
Free parking is almost, a thing of the past.
Public transport. Not far behind in beautiful Hartlepool.
This is the age of the car and you are going to pay for it.
"Charging" points for vehicles is on the increase, however green you look at it.
Public conveniences are all but a thing of the past, little wonder more and more are trying to hit
the bottle.prescription charges up again.
Energy bills up again. Meggawatts or Meggabucks.
Food or Heat, drink and misery, it all blends into the haze these daze.
Feast or famine, work or unemployment, no one gives a t..s about my involvement.
An easy target for tax I am, give us your cash, we dont give a damn.
Keep taking them son. The day of reckoning beckons, while the clock ticks away the seconds, will it be heaven, will it be hell , tired of technology good night, keep well.
Nil desperandum.

Truthache

The wooden fencing looks permanent and there is a barrier (gate) so I guess access to cars is being restricted in future.  I wonder what the arrangements will be when emergency services need to park there (often down there for genuine emergencies or training purposes).

Inspector Knacker

It's an odd one this. If that was going to be a car park, the fence would have been the last thing to go up till the build was finished. But who actually owns that strip of land?

Hartlepudlion

Perhaps it's part of a new vision.

H.M.S. Hartlepool to be birthed there as the latest attraction?