What's going on?

Started by DRiddle, November 06, 2019, 10: AM

Previous topic - Next topic

fred c

Quote from: DRiddle on November 17, 2019, 05: PM
Quotetruth be told you became offensive to some

No i didn't. I've said that in my experience people who WON'T disclose their reasons for voting leave either CAN'T, or are unwilling to admit their decision centers around immigration. How can that be offensive? It represents and accurate reflection of MY experience when talking with Brexit voters. Initially they don't disclose their reasons, then, with a bit of probing you establish they either can't or that their view is tied to immigration.

I didn't say that was the case with EVERY brexit voter, i stated it's my experience with them, in the situation i've outlined?

How can MY experience of a situation possibly offend OTHER people? It's my experience, no one else's.

Whatever

Inspector Knacker

Roll up, roll up and debate Brexit with David.....you could just as equally debate with a wooden gate post for all the good it would do you.
What can be asserted without proof,
can be dismissed without proof.

kevplumb

right i will tell you all my reasons for voting to leave
because i never agreed with joining the shower in the first place
we owned half the world and we didnt need some bunch of tin pot dictators in brussels telling us how to do it
now make of it what you fr**gin well will thats my opinion :o
yer like  a bunch of kids in a playground trying to out do one another >:(
A councillor is an elected representative of their ward, not their political party!
Councils need communities but communities don't need councils
Party politics have no place in local goverment

Truthache

When a few regular posters are spending time "howling at the moon" on this forum (26 pages worth so far) the Facebook version seems to be building gradually.  Perhaps there is only room for one Hartlepool Post site for comments?
Things ain't what they used to be, but hey ho crack on for another 26 pages if you must.

mk1

Quote from: Truthache on November 17, 2019, 10: PM
When a few regular posters are spending time "howling at the moon" on this forum (26 pages worth so far) the Facebook version seems to be building gradually.  Perhaps there is only room for one Hartlepool Post site for comments?

The Facebook page is full of people howling at the moon.

Inspector Knacker

Quote from: Truthache on November 17, 2019, 10: PM
Things ain't what they used to be, but hey ho crack on for another 26 pages if you must.
With all due respect, if you don't like the topic, don't read it. No one's twisting your arm to.

DRiddle

Just going back to this, I made a statement on this thread what while I fully accept not everyone who voted for brexit is racist, I do believe that probably everyone who IS racist voted for brexit.

My guess is it's only a matter of time before someone's mask slips and the more insidious side of at least one member of the local Brexit party is revealed.

Inspector Knacker

Same old nasty toxic insinuations on a wind up. No one's bitten yet and none will. Popped over here under orders or just doing a bit of freelance work on the same old repetitive topic....?

mk1

I am hearing  whispers about just  such an event. 

Inspector Knacker

Quote from: mk1 on December 06, 2019, 10: PM
I am hearing  whispers about just  such an event.
When you start hearing whispers, it's best you make an appointment, especially now you've elevated yourself to being God's advisor.

Inspector Knacker

Quote from: DRiddle on December 06, 2019, 10: PM
Just going back to this, I made a statement on this thread what while I fully accept not everyone who voted for brexit is racist, I do believe that probably everyone who IS racist voted for brexit.
This is so ironic, I'd heard that little line before and wondered where, then the penny dropped. You see David, ........ you have paraphrased .....Roy Chubby Brown!!
Oh dear, do you have a shared political philosophy ?...... and the box sets? Great intellects align eh.😆😆😆😆😆😆😆😆😆😱 Oh the irony.

DRiddle

All I'm saying is, back when the Brexit Party was called UKIP, the party regularly made the news for the 'personal views' of several of its members. Rozanne Duncan is just one of many, MANY examples I could point to.

I've always been of the opinion the 'natural political home' for people with views like that (given the demise of UKIP and the BNP) is now the Brexit party.

That does NOT mean I'm saying everyone associated with the Brexit Party is racist.

However, if a councillor within HBC was outed as a racist (perhaps next week for example) I think it's a safe bet which party said councillor would represent.

If such a scenario were the play out next week, does the Christian leader of the local Brexit Party take action?

Or does he let it slide in order to protect a slim majority.

akarjl2

Next week - nobody cares= we will be leaving EU.
The Morons seemed to have gone but so have the normals.....

Johnny Bongo

Quote from: DRiddle on December 07, 2019, 07: AM
I've always been of the opinion the 'natural political home' for people with views like that (given the demise of UKIP and the BNP) is now the Brexit party.

That does NOT mean I'm saying everyone associated with the Brexit Party is racist.

However, if a councillor within HBC was outed as a racist (perhaps next week for example) I think it's a safe bet which party said councillor would represent.

So it couldn't possibly be Labour, could it?  Tell that to the many Jewish people, even ones who are members of the Labour Party.