What's going on?

Started by DRiddle, November 06, 2019, 10: AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mk1

Quote from: Inspector Knacker on November 16, 2019, 08: PM
I was referring to acquiring vessels that didn't exist that you appear to believe could be pulled out of mothballs, but as usual you twist it. No surprise there then.
I suggest that if the RN had tried hard enough it could have found the ships you say were required.
I say the excuse that the RN 'lost' because  could not find the right type of ships is bogus because even if they had used the right type of ships the UK would have had to concede the Icelandic demands.
I say even if every Icelandic  vessel was sunk the war would still have been won by Iceland
I say bigger issues  than type of ship decided the result and that it was Iceland rather than the EU that destroyed the UK  long-distance fishing industry.

DRiddle

No fred, what's happened here is this thread has now developed into a microcosm of the whole forum in recent weeks.

One person (in this case me) says something or asks something and they're met fire and brimstone.

Other people (in this case I.K) does basically the exact same thing and they're actively supported in doing so.

Inspector Knacker

Quote from: DRiddle on November 16, 2019, 09: PM
So immigration then? That's what I thought.
Pathetic, seek help.
What can be asserted without proof,
can be dismissed without proof.

Inspector Knacker

Quote from: mk1 on November 16, 2019, 11: PM
Quote from: Inspector Knacker on November 16, 2019, 08: PM
I was referring to acquiring vessels that didn't exist that you appear to believe could be pulled out of mothballs, but as usual you twist it. No surprise there then.
I suggest that if the RN had tried hard enough it could have found the ships you say were required.
I say the excuse that the RN 'lost' because  could not find the right type of ships is bogus because even if they had used the right type of ships the UK would have had to concede the Icelandic demands.
I say even if every Icelandic  vessel was sunk the war would still have been won by Iceland
I say bigger issues  than type of ship decided the result and that it was Iceland rather than the EU that destroyed the UK  long-distance fishing industry.
Maybe bigger issues were at play, but that is not the point I raised and you know it.  There were no vessels in existence to fulfill that role. Now if it had to a frigate could have sunk one of their vessels no problem but that was never going to happen. So it came down bumper cars at sea, frigates are expensive and not designed for that. I know because I was there, mothballed nautical bumper cars weren't.

Inspector Knacker

Quote from: DRiddle on November 16, 2019, 11: PM
No fred, what's happened here is this thread has now developed into a microcosm of the whole forum in recent weeks.

One person (in this case me) says something or asks something and they're met fire and brimstone.

Other people (in this case I.K) does basically the exact same thing and they're actively supported in doing so.
Bit of a brass neck there. You come on, goading people with the same question day after day after day and no one plays your game. Hardly surprising.
Rather than taking the logical approach and realising no one's biting you plough on. You are obviously looking for key subjects to justify your digging, but fail repeatedly. You are looking for some naive poster to give you sniff of something that will comfort your belief that Brexit is the Devils work. I suspect you expected to get easy pickings and can't comprehend how us thickets on the board wouldn't play along. Simple answer, maybe the reason people want to leave is because their reasons don't match any of yours.....?

mk1

Quote from: Inspector Knacker on November 16, 2019, 11: PM
Maybe bigger issues were at play, but that is not the point I raised and you know it.

I know what you want to do but I am not biting.

https://youtu.be/zX1GA197djE?t=86

I simply state that bigger political issues were at play and excuses about the 'wrong type of ship' have no bearing on the outcome. If the UK had decided to pursue its opposition it could have wiped out the Icelandic navy in an afternoon.
I also emphasise that it was Iceland and not the EU that destroyed the UK fishing fleet.

akarjl2

Pathetic, seek help.

A simple google search  for xxxx riddle hartlepool reveals......he has had help......obviously needs more. I will not be providing any more free therapy sessions and will ignore him in future.
The Morons seemed to have gone but so have the normals.....

Inspector Knacker

Quote from: mk1 on November 16, 2019, 11: PM
Maybe bigger issues were at play, but that is not the point I raised and you know it.

I know what you want to do but I am not biting.

https://youtu.be/zX1GA197djE?t=86

I simply state that bigger political issues were at play and excuses about the 'wrong type of ship' have no bearing on the outcome. If the UK had decided to pursue its opposition it could have wiped out the Icelandic navy in an afternoon.
I also emphasise that it was Iceland and not the EU that destroyed the UK fishing fleet.
Your Achilles Heel is your sheer inability to accept a point you cannot understand. Again you twist away from the issue in question even when being there I could confirm NO SUCH VESSELS EVEN EXISTED to perform the role, you wander off to a self reassuring part of the argument I did not-actually disagree with.
I was talking equipment, you were talking politics. Trouble is, you cannot stand to lose any discussion even on a subject as minor as this.

mk1

Quote from: Inspector Knacker on November 17, 2019, 07: AM

Your Achilles Heel is your sheer inability to accept a point you cannot understand. Again you twist away from the issue in question

I understand that you do not understand the difference between an opinion and a fact.  Self-validation of your opinion does not  make it any less of (just another) opinion.

Quote from: Inspector Knacker on November 17, 2019, 07: AM
Trouble is, you cannot stand to lose any discussion even on a subject as minor as this.

Give way to your opponent; thus will you gain the crown of victory

DRiddle

Just bypassing the mental health slurs (which I see admin seem to be ok with?), let's focus on this quote . . . "Simple answer, maybe the reason people want to leave is because their reasons don't match any of yours.....?"

Now, just re read that a couple of times I.K.

Erm . . . I'd kind of figured that, hence my curiousity about what those reasons actually ARE.

We are slowly getting somewhere aren't we? We've progressed from cheaper tampons and the ability to buy noisier hoovers, to fishing rights.

I don't necessary agree that an industry which is less than 0.5% of gdp (oooh there's those evil facts again) is a reason in isolation to risk the other 99.5%, but it is a reason which may have impacted on the way some voted.

What else have you got?

akarjl2

Quote from: DRiddle on November 17, 2019, 07: AM
Just bypassing the mental health slurs (which I see admin seem to be ok with?)

Slurs?

Quote from: akarjl2 on November 17, 2019, 06: AM
Pathetic, seek help.

A simple google search  for xxxx riddle hartlepool reveals......he has had help......obviously needs more. I will not be providing any more free therapy sessions and will ignore him in future.

NOTE to Admin if this is perceived as offensive apologies please delete. BUT the facts are out there.....supported by the incessant repetition of demands for an explanation, already responded to and refused... from a certain person.

DRiddle

Don't offer an apology (of sorts) and then try and justify what you've said. As a big campaigner for mental health awareness, i haven't tried to hide that side of me. Quite the opposite, when I had a bit more of a public profile as a councillor I spoke publicly about it.

I did that to try and stop the sort of senseless comments and misconceptions like the one you've demonstrated.

akarjl2

Quote from: mk1 on November 17, 2019, 07: AM
Self-validation of your opinion does not  make it any less of (just another) opinion.

Post of week.....what a great slogan for a t-shirt !

akarjl2

Quote from: DRiddle on November 17, 2019, 08: AM
when I had a bit more of a public profile as a councillor I spoke publicly about it.

I wonder why a public profile is so important to you......and when it fizzles out you run around this forum demanding others explain themselves to you.

You are not the only one who has had to deal with "issues"- some of us deal with it and do not harp on about it publicly . As I said this is the last time I will be responding to your odd approach to "debate" on here.

Attention seeking......typical politician.

fred c

Personally I see no further point in this thread, there are 25 pages of comments and the theme throughout has been focused on attacking members who chose not to engage with David and mk1.