What's going on?

Started by DRiddle, November 06, 2019, 10: AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DRiddle

You want to leave the EU because you're "against globalisation" ?

Do you have an alternative to globalisation which you think can work economically, socially, politically and culturally in a world which is mainly already globalised?

Genuine question.

If you're against something there must be reasons. It also makes sense that there's an alternative you'd like to see. What's your preferred alternative?

DRiddle

QuoteI'm all for local governance, however not as it currently exists. It should not be a financially rewarding position, and it should only be open to local people who have the support of the general local populace.

You've literally just described the current system of local governance.  ::)

mk1

Quote from: akarjl2 on November 09, 2019, 06: AM
Unfortunately I do not think it will happen. Many tried and failed...time to move on?

Tu sais, j'aurais des cauchemars  Et aussi mauvaise conscience, Si je t'empêchais de faire   Ce que vraiment tu espères..........
Mais si tu dois partir, va-t'en, Mais si tu dois partir, va-t'en  Si non, tu dois rester la nuit.

https://youtu.be/AmmCSOpPzZc?t=21

akarjl2

Quote from: DRiddle on November 09, 2019, 07: AM
QuoteI'm all for local governance, however not as it currently exists. It should not be a financially rewarding position, and it should only be open to local people who have the support of the general local populace.

You've literally just described the current system of local governance.  ::)

Er no he described how it should be....the like of Shane who jumped ship to further his own political career probably nolonger have the "support of the general local populace".
The Morons seemed to have gone but so have the normals.....

akarjl2

Oh how smart someone can use google translate.........=

Nous vous haïssons toujours, mais pendant que vous nous permettez de vous saigner à blanc, nous vous tolérerons.

mk1

Quote from: akarjl2 on November 09, 2019, 08: AM
Oh how smart someone can use google translate.........=

Having lived through the period and being familiar with the Dylan original and the Manfred Man version I had no need to use Goggle translate.

https://youtu.be/s1Tl2cVeCbY?t=26

I am (was?)  hoping you give me an opening to introduce Raymond Froggit and 'Callow La Vita'.  You might be more familiar with the Dave Clark 5 version.
Personally I prefer the  Marie Laforet effort.  Always had a soft spot for anemic brunettes!
https://youtu.be/3BD1fSVJM4Q?t=55

Marianne Faithful singing in  in French is just divine
https://youtu.be/4SB8rwJlNM4?t=147

I think Elvis ruined the song with his version.

DRiddle

Local governance isn't perfect, I'm amongst the most vocal in stating that.

However, break down the components of 'how it should be' as was described.

"I'm all for local governance, however not as it currently exists. It should not be a financially rewarding position - it isn't, not if you're of the level- and it should only be open to local people- it is only open to local people who live (or at lease say they live) there - who have the support of the general local populace - like by proving they have that support by some kind of vote?  ???

Honest to god, I'm not sure there's ever been such a nadir moment for this forum and what's happening on this thread.

Inspector Knacker

Quote from: mk1 on November 09, 2019, 07: AM
Quote from: akarjl2 on November 09, 2019, 06: AM
Unfortunately I do not think it will happen. Many tried and failed...time to move on?

Tu sais, j'aurais des cauchemars  Et aussi mauvaise conscience, Si je t'empêchais de faire   Ce que vraiment tu espères..........
Mais si tu dois partir, va-t'en, Mais si tu dois partir, va-t'en  Si non, tu dois rester la nuit.

https://youtu.be/AmmCSOpPzZc?t=21
I get a pension off the French......but never get the urge to break into using the language on a board in Hartlepool. Sorry, but just what are you trying to prove ....or are you Del Boy?
What can be asserted without proof,
can be dismissed without proof.

akarjl2

Quote from: DRiddle on November 09, 2019, 09: AM

Honest to god, I'm not sure there's ever been such a nadir moment for this forum and what's happening on this thread.

I wouldn't despair there are many here who

Voted FOR Brexit - for their own reasons and see no reason to comply with demands to justify their vote....

Voted AGAINST Brexit and certainly in Hartlepool found themselves in the minority something they seem unable to accept

Support Labour - always have always will

Do not support Labour but see no viable alternative after Shanes antics

Nothing has changed since the Referendum - parliament has made Britain look like the village idiots of Europe and is obviously hell bent on us remaining.....

My vote is going in the bin- they are all full of S*it and not worth of the effort of actually walk to a polling station- can't wait for the liars to start canvassing and knocking on my door.....then again over the last five years at Seaton nobody ever has from any of the political parties.

Inspector Knacker

Quote from: DRiddle on November 09, 2019, 09: AM

Really? You're disappointed the forum is not your stage and as for nadir moment, that's only in your world of politics, for others it's refreshing. It's not all about you.

DRiddle

Go on I'll have one last try.

Is anyone willing or able to offer an ACTUAL reason for voting to leave the EU?

So far we've had "It was my choice" (which isn't a reason), "I'm not telling you" (which isn't a reason), the classic "To free us from EU laws" (followed by a seeming inability to clarify any EU law they're currently upset by) and finally, the very vague "I'm against globalisation".

Good luck with the international free trade negotiations and world trade organisation default position if we do leave by the way. Given you're against globalisation . . .  ::)

fred c

Quote from: DRiddle on November 09, 2019, 03: PM

Thank Tommy Tuck......

I'll give you 11 out of 10 for perseverance David but it's taken you an inordinate amount of time to realise you have been flogging a dead horse and unless you reconsider the way you constantly put people down when posting, I suspect you won't get much engagement from post users in the future.

Inspector Knacker

So far we've had "It was my choice" (which isn't a reason), "I'm not telling you" (which isn't a reason), the classic "To free us from EU laws" (followed by a seeming inability to clarify any EU law they're currently upset by) and finally, the very vague "I'm against globalisation".

Good luck with the international free trade negotiations and world trade organisation default position if we do leave by the way. Given you're against globalisation . . .  ::)
You're getting less attention than a 105 year stripper, at least you could talk about the Great War with them or the General Strike in 1926.

akarjl2

No.

Get over it......

DRiddle

You don't know why you did it do you? You ARE the stereotypical Brexit voter who didn't know what they were voting for.

That's agree then, fair enough.