What's going on?

Started by DRiddle, November 06, 2019, 10: AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Inspector Knacker

Quote from: DRiddle on November 12, 2019, 08: PM
Because Fred, I value the NHS more than I do the ability to buy an inferior quality hoover.
Forget the scare story/political slogans sing you may believe that alarmist twaddle.
Democracy 102, a democratic decision isn't fixed and does NOT last forever. It's regularly revisited and reviewed.
That logic is straight from the 1984 rule book. How you have the sheer audacity to think you can get away with a sentence like that without blushing, is embarrassing.
If it's wasnt, we'd never even have gotten as far as the Magna Carta.
Don't have the barefaced cheek to bring Magna Carta into. Your sides actions in the referendum were about blatantly denying democracy then spending three years holding democracy to hostage to maintain political serfdom.
What can be asserted without proof,
can be dismissed without proof.

Inspector Knacker

Quote from: DRiddle on November 13, 2019, 07: AM
I see it like this Fred (and others). Here are two opinions.

Opinion one - "I think the sun is made of gasses, mainly hydrogen and helium".

Opinion two - "I think the sun is made of potato based snacks, crisps,  mainly Doritos and Pringles".

They're both 'just opinions' right? So by your logic I'm supposed to treat each one as 'equally valid'?

That makes no sense.
If you think the sun is made of potato snacks, crisps, mainly Doritos and Pringles it explains why your a remainer.

DRiddle

Held it hostage? The ERG stopped Brexit passing through Parliament multiple times not me. The zealots wanted and even harder Brexit.

Think what you like about me, I really don't mind. I am however interested in your REASONS for voting to leave. Your specific reasons, what do you think will be BETTER if we're out rather than in?

DRiddle

QuoteIf you think the sun is made of potato snacks, crisps, mainly Doritos and Pringles it explains why your a remainer.

How do you know it's not? My opinion is as equally valid as yours right?

Inspector Knacker

Quote from: mk1 on November 12, 2019, 08: PM

The reason we are not already out of the EU is the bong-eyed  loony hard Brexiteers did not vote for it.

https://youtu.be/8xix30obkow?t=63
That sentence did not need to include the words 'bong eyed loony' to make the point, but you just can't help it. I've heard it used before of course it must be on a list of terms used by the adherents to the cause. Mind you it does remind you of a list of insults made up by a committee of 14 year old public schoolboys.

Inspector Knacker

Held it hostage? The ERG stopped Brexit passing through Parliament multiple times not me. The zealots wanted and even harder Brexit.

Think what you like about me, I really don't mind. I am however interested in your REASONS for voting to leave. Your specific reasons, what do you think will be BETTER if we're out rather than in?
We all have reasons, but why would I discuss them with you, you're no expert, just publicist looking for an opportunity to address us like an infant class.
I won't give you that opportunity, because I'm not interested in your reasons.

Inspector Knacker

QuoteIf you think the sun is made of potato snacks, crisps, mainly Doritos and Pringles it explains why your a remainer.

How do you know it's not? My opinion is as equally valid as yours right?
You're getting really desperate now aren't you?
There's a fine line between persistence and demented obsession.......

DRiddle

No, no, you're getting closer to that corner you've been backing yourself into now. I said people who refuse to give their reasons for Brexit are often either unable to, or are unwilling to admit their reasons centre around immigration.

Which one are you? Unable or unwilling?

Fred implied two opinions are equally valid. They're not, as shown by my example with the sun. Go on, you said I was an idiot for potentially believing the sun is made of crisps. WHY am I an idiot for thinking that? How do you KNOW I'm an idiot?

Inspector Knacker

Now you're sounding like some demented doorstep preacher try to save the world from the 'Lord's Wrath'.

Topcat

No, no, you're getting closer to that corner you've been backing yourself into now. I said people who refuse to give their reasons for Brexit are often either unable to, or are unwilling to admit their reasons centre around immigration

DRiddle, your choices there are very much like Labours choice of questions in their new "peoples vote" .Remain or Labours new exit deal (also remain).Believe it or not immigration is not at the top of most people's list, but you do seem to be obsessed with it.

fred c

David, you really are determined to convince everyone that you are much smarter then they are, but you really are becoming extremely offensive towards people who have a different opinion to you.......That isn't nice and it isn't clever.

Topcat

Fred Dave is a teacher and you know that they are much cleverer than anyone under 16 ,however most of us who use this forum are much older than that.

Inspector Knacker

Quote from: fred c on November 13, 2019, 09: AM
David, you really are determined to convince everyone that you are much smarter then they are, but you really are becoming extremely offensive towards people who have a different opinion to you.......That isn't nice and it isn't clever.
I get the feeling he doesn't care, as long as he can prove his point and pat himself on the back. He seems to regard us as dullards to be converted to the cause by his 'brilliant' logic. Unfortunately he fails to see the flaws in his logic. This is obviously a sign of panic  that we may be cutting the mooring ropes to the EU.

akarjl2

Quote from: Inspector Knacker on November 13, 2019, 07: AM
Quote from: DRiddle on November 12, 2019, 08: PM
Because Fred, I value the NHS more than I do the ability to buy an inferior quality hoover.
Forget the scare story/political slogans sing you may believe that alarmist twaddle.
Democracy 102, a democratic decision isn't fixed and does NOT last forever. It's regularly revisited and reviewed.
That logic is straight from the 1984 rule book. How you have the sheer audacity to think you can get away with a sentence like that without blushing, is embarrassing.
If it's wasnt, we'd never even have gotten as far as the Magna Carta.
Don't have the barefaced cheek to bring Magna Carta into. Your sides actions in the referendum were about blatantly denying democracy then spending three years holding democracy to hostage to maintain political serfdom.

Well said
The Morons seemed to have gone but so have the normals.....

akarjl2

Quote from: Inspector Knacker on November 13, 2019, 08: AM
Quote from: mk1 on November 12, 2019, 08: PM

The reason we are not already out of the EU is the bong-eyed  loony hard Brexiteers did not vote for it.

https://youtu.be/8xix30obkow?t=63
That sentence did not need to include the words 'bong eyed loony' to make the point, but you just can't help it. I've heard it used before of course it must be on a list of terms used by the adherents to the cause. Mind you it does remind you of a list of insults made up by a committee of 14 year old public schoolboys.

Of course it did standard MK1 response
The Morons seemed to have gone but so have the normals.....