What's going on?

Started by DRiddle, November 06, 2019, 10: AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mk1

Quote from: akarjl2 on November 11, 2019, 06: PM

Scotland are just an expensive drain on the rest of us.....free university places etc....

This is a common error. Most people treat Scotland as a province of England but this is a monumental misreading of the actual situation.

akarjl2

Quote from: mk1 on November 11, 2019, 07: PM
Quote from: akarjl2 on November 11, 2019, 06: PM

Scotland are just an expensive drain on the rest of us.....free university places etc....

This is a common error. Most people treat Scotland as a province of England but this is a monumental misreading of the actual situation.

Incorrect https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-scotland-politics-47989007

QuoteNew students from EU countries will still be entitled to free university tuition on courses which start in 2020, the Scottish government has confirmed.
The arrangements will cover EU students for the duration of courses which begin next year. A Scottish university degree normally takes four years to complete.
EU students are currently entitled to the same free university tuition as Scots under European law.
However, students from other parts of the UK are charged tuition fees.

My daughter went for an interview for a course at sterling circa 9k a year...if your are Scottish = free....from another European country other than other parts of Uk= free.....

Lunacy

The Morons seemed to have gone but so have the normals.....

mk1

Quote from: akarjl2 on November 11, 2019, 07: PM

Incorrect

I was commenting about the status of Scotland in the framework of the UK.

DRiddle

I can think of 25 billions barrels worth of reasons why you're talking rubbish Akarji2. 

akarjl2

Quote from: DRiddle on November 11, 2019, 08: PM
I can think of 25 billions barrels worth of reasons why you're talking rubbish Akarji2.

Not for long.....

DRiddle

Just going back to this https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/brexit-15-eu-laws-we-will-miss-in-britain-a7103031.html

Which EU law being removed are you excited about? Is it the one which will allow you to buy an inefficient hoover?

akarjl2

Quote from: DRiddle on November 12, 2019, 06: AM
Just going back to this https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/brexit-15-eu-laws-we-will-miss-in-britain-a7103031.html

Which EU law being removed are you excited about? Is it the one which will allow you to buy an inefficient hoover?

obviously...yes.

DRiddle

And you'll save 10p on your tampons maybe. Worth it for getting rid of that pesky EU working time directive eh?

akarjl2

Quote from: DRiddle on November 12, 2019, 07: AM
And you'll save 10p on your tampons maybe. Worth it for getting rid of that pesky EU working time directive eh?

A control freak and now a sexist ? Double Bubble!

Inspector Knacker

Quote from: DRiddle on November 11, 2019, 08: PM
Ah, Scotland with a population less than Yorkshire and desperate to prevent Brexit because if the rest of the Uk left and they joined the EU, they'd have a hard border to their biggest export customer.
Being run by a government of Nationalists is never a good thing, but their twisted chip on the shoulder variety only gets aroused by the English. If we didn't exist they'd have to invent us.
I had the uncomfortable experience of being in Scotland during the run up to the referendum and there was a strange atmosphere afoot in certain groups. Like all Nationalists they are driven and will go on and on till they get what they desire, so give them it and then they can go humbly to the EU and as Sturgeon boasts become an 'equal' amongst the other nations of Europe. I think she'll soon find that's window dressing and that the Big Boys do the deciding.
What can be asserted without proof,
can be dismissed without proof.

Land Phil

Still waiting to hear a worthwhile advantage for leaving the EU.

One that outweighs my child being able to study in other EU countries
on favourable terms and me being able to buy things without any
thought about customs and handling charges.

EU surgeon that saved my life working here without any hassle
Might just give up and go back to mainland Europe too.

Inspector Knacker

Why would you have to go back?

DRiddle

You see just in these last few posts there are several legitimate REASONS to remain. Advantages, positives, benefits, call them what you will. The Brexit crew have so far offered up less efficient hoovers and your boss having the ability to FORCE you to work more hours than you want to.

Inspector Knacker

Odd this obsessive repetition, like some Orwellian manta that if repeated often enough will cause the non believers to reform overnight..... Hallelujah!!
Do you need help...?

akarjl2

Quote from: DRiddle on November 12, 2019, 07: AM
You see just in these last few posts there are several legitimate REASONS to remain.

Actual your post and others illustrate why leaving will have benefits = you can all climb down off your soap boxes and get a life. Bit like the gob sh**e outside parliament screaming all day- what will he do when he has to rejoin the real world?