What's going on?

Started by DRiddle, November 06, 2019, 10: AM

Previous topic - Next topic

akarjl2

Quote from: RayPocklington on November 10, 2019, 11: AM
QuoteMany things can be said against Christopher

An understatement

Quotenot all of us have your crystal clear vision. I wear specs - perhaps they need cleaning.

Sarcasm said to be the lowest form of wit but also the most effective

QuoteMight I suggest that it is you and mk1 who are blinkered.

Hope the forum has the bandwidth to cope with the responses to that statement  :)

QuoteI have toyed with thinking of standing for a political party but there isn't one I find attractive enough. I also consider myself to be too old. Experience, what used to be called wisdom, is no longer recognised.

Comment of the year IMHO...

Few grenades ( aka pearls of wisdom) here.....

incoming.......
The Morons seemed to have gone but so have the normals.....

mk1

I think nearly every prospective Cllr I've seen (since 2007/08) has made this promise  and, I suspect, that at that time believed it to be true. After being elected it soon becomes obvious that that promise is likely to become unachievable.
Except that Shane made his promise after he was elected to the Council. All the time he was just a Councillor he campaigned and opined for lower CT. It was only when he assumed the mantle of 'Leader' (another  position he claimed he did not want) that he stopped being in favour of lower CT.  Another example of him telling the electorate what they want to hear and then simply ditching it when in a position to do something about it. I agree that tax of all type is always going to rise so why do politicians  always lie and claim they will lower it?

Please note the complaint is about people who know they can not deliver on their election promises and  blatantly deny that which was always their intent. Liars who wilfully deceive because the crave power.  'Political Prostitutes' as they say.

fred c

Quote from: DRiddle on November 10, 2019, 08: AM
You know how this goes chaps. Eventually one of you frothing at the mouth blurts out that YES immigration was a factor in how you voted.

I then say "Ok so which countries do you have a problem with people coming to this country from?"

You then say "Anywhere".

I asked you to be more specific.

Eventually you admit that a key reason was you're unhappy with the number of people here from the Indian Subcontint and well as 'Iraq, Afghanistan and places like that".

Of course, I then point out that the UK already has control of immigration laws relating to people from those countries.

I remind you we literally invited, financially incentivised, begged people to come here from those countries long before the EU was even formed.

The you say "Aaahhh but what about the Polish!?!?"

That's how this plays out isn't it?

David, You really should consider what you are posting, I don't for one moment think you will witness any "Frothing at the mouth" from members of the forum, in fact I know you won't......You can be as provocative as you like but members have had enough of it and now regard it as nothing more absolute clikbait

Another quote by D Riddle

"You don't want your masks to slip to reveal your real thoughts, that's fine"

This particular offering...... Who are theses "your masks" members ?

Your continued accusations / implications / assumptions are not only grossly unwarranted but to be perfectly honest......   Totally Offensive.

diSme

Quote from: fred c on November 10, 2019, 01: PM
Quote from: DRiddle on November 10, 2019, 08: AM
You know how this goes chaps. Eventually one of you frothing at the mouth blurts out that YES immigration was a factor in how you voted.

I then say "Ok so which countries do you have a problem with people coming to this country from?"

You then say "Anywhere".

I asked you to be more specific.

Eventually you admit that a key reason was you're unhappy with the number of people here from the Indian Subcontint and well as 'Iraq, Afghanistan and places like that".

Of course, I then point out that the UK already has control of immigration laws relating to people from those countries.

I remind you we literally invited, financially incentivised, begged people to come here from those countries long before the EU was even formed.

The you say "Aaahhh but what about the Polish!?!?"

That's how this plays out isn't it?

David, You really should consider what you are posting, I don't for one moment think you will witness any "Frothing at the mouth" from members of the forum, in fact I know you won't......You can be as provocative as you like but members have had enough of it and now regard it as nothing more absolute clikbait

Another quote by D Riddle

"You don't want your masks to slip to reveal your real thoughts, that's fine"

This particular offering...... Who are theses "your masks" members ?

Your continued accusations / implications / assumptions are not only grossly unwarranted but to be perfectly honest......   Totally Offensive.

I agree. Totally offensive.

My opinion of Mr Riddle is steadily changing....
I believe everything and nothing

akarjl2

Quote from: mk1 on November 10, 2019, 02: PM
Quote from: diSme on November 10, 2019, 01: PM

I agree. Totally offensive.

Like the car-crash Question Time from Hartlepool?
We even had one of the  morons in the audience 'offering someone out' live on National Television!

1. 3 years ago...but predictable, consistent and irrelevant .....the comments on the Daily Mail article are very revealing.....

2. Incessant demands from Mr Riddle for " an explanation" will continue to fall on deaf ears = nobody has to justify their views to him or anyone else.

3. The reality is the majority who voted one way here in Hartlepool as in many other areas will be ignored by a minority who voted the other way, in many cases ignoring the will of the electorate who voted for them, democracy at its finest.

We have probably wasted the last three year making ourself look really dumb around the world as it is looking increasingly unlikely Brexit will actually happen. The "Morons" in parliament know better....

Cue a link to a video from the 70's + bong eyed loonies rant.......... :o :o :o :o :o :o

DRiddle

I'd hardly call them incessant demands. All I've actually done is ask WHY people voted to leave the EU. If you're so sure it's a good decision then there must be reasons why you think that.

mk1

Quote from: akarjl2 on November 10, 2019, 03: PM

We have probably wasted the last three year making ourself look really dumb around the world as it is looking increasingly unlikely Brexit will actually happen. The "Morons" in parliament know better....

The reason you have not had Brexit is that the bong-eyed loony Hard Brexit  nutcases voted against all the deals. If JRG and mob had not voted against his own Party you would have had your dream There was nothing Labour could have done to stop it. But I am guessing you don't see it that way and will continue to blame everyone else for your own side's failure.

You delude yourself that you are part of some overwhelming majority who have the divine right to impose your every whim on your opponents. UKIP  were wiped out in the last GE and UKIP Part Deux  are polling around half of the  of the Lib Dem numbers. 

diSme

Quote from: DRiddle on November 10, 2019, 04: PM
I'd hardly call them incessant demands. All I've actually done is ask WHY people voted to leave the EU. If you're so sure it's a good decision then there must be reasons why you think that.

No mate, you've basically called every leave voter a racist....

Not cool
I believe everything and nothing

mk1

Cue a link to a video from the 70's.

2010 do?

This  US  woman destroyed her Political career with this add

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uxJyPsmEask

the

moral

is

why

spend

all

your

time

denying

something

if

there

isn't

any

truth

behind

it.

fred c

Users of The Post know exactly ( you tend to get the gist after 15 or so asks) what you have done, and here you are asking again in this post.

"Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results"

Attributed to A Einstein

akarjl2

Quote from: mk1 on November 10, 2019, 04: PM

The reason you have not had Brexit is that the bong-eyed loony Hard Brexit 

Consistent.... :o :o :o :o :o

Inspector Knacker

From your posts it appears that you have gone back to your Labour roots and are canvassing for the Labour Party in the coming elections nationally and locally.

Is it true David? Is this the 'Jag' you were talking about?
What can be asserted without proof,
can be dismissed without proof.

Inspector Knacker

Quote from: fred c on November 10, 2019, 04: PM

Users of The Post know exactly ( you tend to get the gist after 15 or so asks) what you have done, and here you are asking again in this post.

"Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results"

Attributed to A Einstein
It's just jibber jabber and white noise, like interference on a TV, stops your enjoyment till it's sorted. Which will probably be the day after the election result.
What can be asserted without proof,
can be dismissed without proof.

DRiddle

I didn't say all Brexit voters are racist. All racists are Brexit voters though, but that's another argument.

What I said was, in my experience anyone who refuses to offer their reasons for voting to leave either doesn't have anything other than trotting out the lies told by vote leave, OR eventually they admit their decision was to do with immigration.

Happy to be proven wrong of course, but that would require your reason(s).

P.S I have no labour roots to return to. I've only ever been a member of one political party. PHF.