Foggy Furze Library

Started by notinshadow, May 16, 2012, 03: AM

Previous topic - Next topic

notinshadow

Foggy Furze Library

It's been knocked down and houses are going there but who bought it?

Also for any of your guys who can work their way round the council site how much is the ex kids home up for grabs on Station Lane please out of interest?

fred c

Not sure if it has been sold "yet".... the bowling green & tennis courts are still there & i think they are part of the land package.

It would seem though that its another case of selling off the land & letting a housing developer reap the greatest reward, the Ambulance Station sell off is another example.

I`m surprised a councillor hasn`t started a property development company & jumped on the C.I.C bandwagon...... Luxury Houses for the organisers of voluntary sector.  ::) ::) ::)

marky

Chairman Mao "Ignorance is Bliss" - what do the Polit Bureau want with a Library? Can't have the masses reading books now, can we?

brassed off monkey

Quote from: LookslikeTORYagain on May 16, 2012, 04: PM
Quote from: fred c on May 16, 2012, 11: AM
Not sure if it has been sold "yet".... the bowling green & tennis courts are still there & i think they are part of the land package.

It would seem though that its another case of selling off the land & letting a housing developer reap the greatest reward, the Ambulance Station sell off is another example.

I`m surprised a councillor hasn`t started a property development company & jumped on the C.I.C bandwagon...... Luxury Houses for the organisers of voluntary sector.  ::) ::) ::)

It was sold by sealed bids, a friend of mine put his bid in at 11.50am on the closing date, the cut off time was 12 noon.

His sealed bid was the highest but he got a phone call telling him that since the closing of the sealed bids and despite him having the highest bid the council had has an offer on the land after the deadline and had decided to take it.

He asked what that offer was as he would match it, or indeed might want to increase it but was turned down flat.

So someone either getting bunged or it's sold to a councillor or someone connected to the council in some way is maybe a wild guess.

Should we be surprised at this ??????????? nothing surprises me with the way Hartlepool is run.