UKIP

Started by admin, April 30, 2012, 08: PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lucy Lass-Tick

Quote from: perseus on May 12, 2012, 01: PM
Happy to do as of now then (assuming everyone else does?). . . Doesn't change 90% of what i wrote a few posts back those does it?

Not biting, P.  8)

stokoe

Nah, i'm going to leave this thread alone for a while and if KD comes back with any actual argument. I don't see it though.

T.F.F.T.

Lucy Lass-Tick

Oh, don't be so cruel, Stokoe...I wanted the last word... :'(

Inspector Knacker

Given a few thousand views, a couple of hundred replies and probably the longest thread on HTH ever, that suggests to me like they do care. The old guard on here started this all off, spouting their 'god save the queen' and 'don't let them in' rubbish.
Has it ever dawned on you that your 'popularity' is like the popularity of a howling dog in the middle of the night, the amount of objects hurled at you do not signify popularity, but if the delusion makes you feel good about yourself .......
As for the HE stuff, i was challenged on source material and where i got my information from. What would you like me to do? Apologise for reading books?
I'd appreciate it if you did apologise for reading books actually, .... apologise for not reading a wide enough spectrum of them.
What can be asserted without proof,
can be dismissed without proof.

Julie noted

Politics and religion...brings out the best & worst in people.  :'(

If I may add my thoughts to the debate;
I can see the pro's and con's of both sides of the argument.
For instance, what is wrong in a country wanting to send back 'illegal immigrants'?

Take the Uk. Govt. figures that show in areas of the country, social services, medical and educational facilities are stretched to breaking point.
Why would we condone 'illegal immigration' to exacerbate those services further?

The UK has a wonderful mix of peoples and cultures and is a better, more vibrant country for it.
That doesn't mean to say we can have an open door policy for any amount of people that consider they would have a better lifestyle by living in the UK.

I do feel for the peoples of countries run by despots and the like. However, it is up to the people of their country to address the issues themselves, not run away to another country.
I know, it's not an easy thing to do but surely, your country is worth fighting for?

We are a small island and MUST strike a balance.
So yes, we do need to control immigration, including 'illegals', so that the quality of life for everyone in the UK is not reduced to poverty levels by severe overcrowding.

The Shadow

Their forcasts are generally correct. On May 3rd they predicted a "washout" and then lost all of their council seats ;)

steveL

Quote: "Doesn't change 90% of what i wrote "

You're not Ernie Wise reincarnated, are you?
Diplomacy is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

notinshadow

Finally business is picking up on this threat.

I enjoyed reading both of the last two posts..don't know who's right but enjoyed reading the different views all the same.

Julie noted

As someone that HAS to monitor and manage the household budget, it is a complete disgrace (and illegal?) that the EU has had its annual budget accounts not signed off AGAIN, this being the 18th consecutive year.  :o

The EU committee of auditors states that the budget of £104 BILLION has a 3.7% error...that is £3.9 BILLION unaccounted for:o >:(

The accountants statement was "The accounts are still affected by material error".

You will no doubt remember the Euro parliament budgetary control committee head, Marta Andreason, who was sacked by the EU parliament in 2002 for trying to highlight the 'losses' and 'fiddles' being committed by MEPs and others.  :(

As this is a debate, my point of view is that Germany is trying to accomplish by stealth what it failed to do twice before.
And, just as before, France has rolled over to have its belly tickled.

Is the UK going to be the only European country to face up to Germany once more?

We do not wish to be ruled by Brussels, Strasbourg,  Berlin..we want OUR laws, made by our politicians on our behalf.

Micksmate

Try not to bite too hard kipper let him ramble on, you will notice there is no end result to his posturing, all he will do is paraphrase his heroes, the ones he name drops now and again, like Durkheim, Weber, Giddens and Garfinkel etc. the Theorists who glorify themselves as Sociologists and who all disagree with each others theories, also if it's any comfort Kipper, Giddens has more critics than you have.

This is the man who has to make up words to try and get his point across, words like "structuration" and when people start to argue his theories he turns the arguments 180 degrees  by taking base derived words like "Dualism" and "Dualist" and turning them on their heads to muddy the water.   These people cocoon themselves within the bosom of like minded people who argue "You don't understand because you are not intelligent enough, but we understand because we are more intelligent than you are" when in reality they haven't got a (kin) clue.  To make matters worse Mussolini used some of these peoples  theories on his path to Fascism, which as we all know is much worse than Britishness.  There was a time when" Britain ruled the waves", now it's a case of "Britain waives the rules"

Quote:

"I voted for a party whom I thought might fight to keep my sons tuition fees to a manageable level, said party then played a big part in trebling the fees.
I've voted for politicians who swore blind they'd clean up dog s**t then watched them fill their boots on the board of C.I.C's and such like.
I've voted to keep a hospital and then watched as the party who implied they would fight for it rolled over and had their bellies tickled right there in front of us as half the town promptly voted them back in."

This from a man who self confessed, in some of his posts that he is more intelligent than others on this site.

Julie noted

Perseus, that is the whole point of what a number of posters on here are saying...WE don't WANT to 'rule the waves', as you put it.
Been there, got the t-shirt.
The UK is contemplating removing the 'Empire' aspect from various 'gongs' (MBE, OBE, CBE etc), as being too old fashioned and too much like we still rule an Empire. We don't wish to have, or 'co-rule' an empire and we do not wish to be ruled by one, either.  8)
The missing BILLIONS is not simply transactions that have gone wrong and a company/country is 'out of pocket'.
The vast majority of that money is alleged to being misappropriated by MEPs.
That is not the usual business problems, it is theft.

Like the MEP that claimed £850 for fuel, driving from her home in the UK to Brussels.....despite the fact she actually FLEW there at a cost of £250.  :-[
And that, my friend, is the very tip of the rotten iceberg.

Which is why Marta was unceremoniously discarded by the EU. She was lifting too many stones and shining a light under them..........

We have enough liars, cheats and thieves in our own parliament...we simply do not require another tier of thieving bureaucracy.  >:(

notinshadow

Is there any truth that every year since it's been formed the accountants refuse to sign off the accounts?

Julie noted

Quite simply, the EU has proved to many (obviously not yourself) that it is a superfluous organisation that has failed Europe, has forced a monetary unit on countries that can not 'keep up with the Jones' and are now suffering horrendously, as their Govt's. accept more debt from the EU...which they have a snowball in hell's chance to pay back.  :-[  :'(

And on top of that scenario,  BILLIONS is being squandered, lost, stolen.

European Union?      Execrable Union, more like.

And as I obviously can't see your logic, as you can't see mine, this has to be my last post on the matter....because like football posts, they just keep going on and on...round and round.

notinshadow

Well I know in ten days it could pay a top of the bollox hospital.

In a year it could build 52 top of the bollox hospital and we could all have one.

Plenty of buses for the old people to go bingo..

New schools, more police, fire, nurses, training schemes, back to work courses and placements etc

Goes a f*c*ing long way 50m a day.

notinshadow

;D Thank God we agree on something then ;D

Remind me what my family get for this 50m a day will you please sir.