UKIP

Started by admin, April 30, 2012, 08: PM

Previous topic - Next topic

beanzontoast

Clever, looks like a Tory, but icould be hours behind you of or i could be hours or days in front, either way you will still wonder. again if i may, this portal is for, U,K,I,P. Love to talk to you, but if you are in Hartlepool, You have already voted the train has moved on, the whinging station, is where you are. 

notinshadow

O hadn't looked at it like that.. :-\

notinshadow

Quote from: beanzontoast on May 06, 2012, 02: AM
Clever, looks like a Tory, but icould be hours behind you of or i could be hours or days in front, either way you will still wonder.

No I couldn't care less, or in your case, couldn't give a monkeys.  :)

again if i may, this portal is for, U,K,I,P. Love to talk to you, but if you are in Hartlepool, You have already voted the train has moved on, the whinging station, is where you are.

That's nice so what is the next station like then??

Straight Talking

and what difference have they made your 13 MEP's Kipperdip.

BIG FAT NONE

The Shadow

If I remember rightly KD the petition that triggered a debate in the HoC asked specifically for am IN - OUT referendum.

When you look at public opinion polls the EU often comes way down the list when it comes to public concerns (the last one I read put it 9th on the top priorities) and when polls are carried out with a 3 way outcome IN - OUT - RENEGOTIATE TERMS the latter is always the option favoured.

So whilst I may wish for a withdrawal from the EU, the majority of the public would prefer to renegotiate membership which is why Cameron instructed his MPs to vote against having an  IN - OUT referendum

Ryehill

Testicles, read the Conservative Home website and you might change your mind about the impact U.K.I.P. is having.

admin

For Info: UKIP Election newsletter currently being sent out.

•   In 2008 (the comparable point in the electoral cycle), UKIP took 98,000 votes in England.  In 2012 we took over 220,000 – our vote has more than doubled since 2008.

•   UKIP fielded 691 candidates this year, up from 450 in 2008.

•   The average UKIP candidate had a percentage vote share of 13.8% - our highest ever.

•   UKIP won 7 seats in England and 2 in Wales.

•   Lisa Duffy took 61% of the vote to win the final seat in Ramsey by a landslide.

•   In Rushmoor, two UKIP councillors who had joined from the Conservatives and a third UKIP  councillor was also elected to complete a clean sweep in that ward.

•   Piers Wauchope was elected to Tunbridge Wells council, unseating the Leader of the Council in the process.

•   UKIP took its first ever councillor (above parish/town council level) in the Yorkshire & North Lincolnshire region when Ron Shepherd was elected to NE Lincolnshire Council.

•   Other UKIP councillors elected were in Thurrock, Merthyr and Vale of Glamorgan.

•   In Plymouth, UKIP averaged 20.6% of the vote.

•   In Sheffield, UKIP achieved a first in a major UK city by taking almost 3,000 more votes than the Conservatives across the city.

•   The UKIP vote seemed relatively consistent throughout the country.

•   Across the country, 136 candidates finished in second place.  40 of these were in Yorkshire & North Lincolnshire alone.

•   50 candidates took more than 25% of the vote and 105 took more than 20%.

•   Our vote was spread evenly throughout the country – with regions varying from a 10.5% average to 16.9%.

•   UKIP took 15.3% in Conservative wards, 13.2% in Labour wards and 10.7% in Liberal Democrat wards.

•   Churchill ward of Adur Council saw a UKIP candidate lose by just 1 vote.

•   Young Independence's target ward of Gorleston in Great Yarmouth saw Matthew Smith take 34.7% of the vote and miss election by just 48 votes.

•   UKIP's vote averaged 20.2% where there were just 3 candidates on the ballot paper – usually but not exclusively UKIP v Labour v Conservatives.  But when 7 or more candidates were standing, the average dropped to 5.9%.

•   UKIP performed better than ever before in the Metropolitan Borough Councils, averaging 11.9% where we stood on those Councils.

•   More than two thirds of all UKIP candidates took more than 10% of the vote.

Congratulations to all of our elected candidates and thank you to all of the activists who worked so hard in this campaign.  Thanks also to all those who assisted me in the statistical reporting of results, and enabled us to keep up with the media.  It was refreshing to note that for once, the BBC were using our statistics rather than just the other way around!

Best wishes,

Jonathan Arnott (UKIP General Secretary)

Julie noted

BOT;  Held us back from where we ought to be.
Tens of millions of pounds have been spent (wasted) in this town, over the years.  :'(
Highway design and later re-design (Burn Rd. for one, Easington Rd. ped. x-ing for another).
Buying buildings that nobody else in business wants.
Giving away public buildings at knock down prices.
The tall stories financial debacle.
The chief execs pay & pension rise...even though he was already leaving the authority.
Paying a senior manager a massive pay rise to cover chief execs post...even though we have a deputy chief exec.
Paying £1/2 million pounds to keep Able out of Greythorp..now a thriving business. Paying senior managers a salary almost on par with the Prime Minister and in a couple of cases..more than!  :o

The list just goes on and on.
'Whinging'? No, stating the obvious and we have a right to highlight what goes on in our name.
Full employment? We can NEVER have full employment ever again in this country.
As I posted previously, technology and mechanisation between them have slashed employment figures.
What would have helped keep more people in employment in this country is if immigration was kept to a sensible level.
Because of labour's 'open door' policy, we have to fight for jobs, places at the dentists & doctors and hospital appts. take an age (more so in the midlands & down south).  :(

I don't have the answer to the problems nationally...the horse has already bolted. However, the people of this small town do have the power to improve our lot.
That process started with 9,200 votes for Putting Hartlepool First!  8)

The Shadow

KD, please calm down my friend and do not turn this into a personal attack on one and other.
I'd have hoped you read my last post in full as yet again I declared that I too would prefer a withdrawal from the EU, however I have to accept that I may not be joined in my view by the majority of the British public.

Please find the poll I refered to below.

notinshadow

I agree with much of that Fred

Ryehill

One of U.K.I.P.'s problems is getting their core message out to the general public, partly because of the media's reluctance to mention U.K.I.P., a situation which is gradually being reversed, and partly because of lack of finance. The Conservatives have their rich backers , the Labour Party the unions and the Lib/Dems had Michael Brown.
           U.K.I.P. was formed as a result of the Maastricht Treaty, which changed the E.E.C. from a trading organisation into a political union. U.K.I.P. want to leave the E.U., which is obviously bad for Britain and return to an E.E.C. type of arrangement.
   U.K.I.P. have a slogan 'We love Europe but  hate the E.U.' I suppose  Perseus will see that as xenophobic and racist.
           I haven't responded to Perseus' long condemnation of U.K.I.P. but for a person who claims to have a degree, his source material leaves a lot to be desired. Hearsay, second hand reports and Wikepedia do not constitute good research.
        Political parties attract some strange people and no party is immune to that but I am not going to list all the unusual characters, local and national ,past and present, who have made politics such a murky business.
         The vast majority of U.K.I.P. supporters are ordinary people who feel let down by the political class and are worried about the direction in which this country is going. You might not agree with them Perseus but at least you might try to understand their viwepoint. If you can't then it leaves a big question mark against your tolerance level.

notinshadow

"P" there is more to it with you and UKIP what is it?

notinshadow

Fair enough..who did you vote for last week?

notinshadow

notinshadow

That wasn't what I asked matey..

Come on spill the beans