Drummond on Radio Tees - TODAY

Started by Straight Talking, May 17, 2012, 07: AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Straight Talking

Just thought some of you might be interested.

The Mayor - Stuart Drummond is on Radio Tees this morning between 10 and 11 a.m.
Public Phone in.

So a chance to ask him some questions

Who's in his cabinet
How much he gets paid
Why does he think he can do 2 full-time jobs
etc. etc. etc.

Have fun.

fred c

It would probably be easier for someone sitting close to mr drummond at a full council meeting to ask pertinent questions of him.

If the S*** needs stirring..... it would be best if the spineless budget abstainers have the gonads to do it themselves.  ;) ;) ;)

christine blakey

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/console/p00rk6jr

The interview phone in is during 1hr - 2 hr mark.  at around 1hr 25 mins and on is interesting!

dangerman

Listened in on what he had to say this morning he made a comment on those having a go at him for having two jobs as part of election mischief.

The constant errs & emms in between answering questions I found most annoying he really needs to address his public speaking.

Well erm can I just say em that if the people of erm hartlepool want erm the erm police erm there's a new police office at em west view and erm. shocking I had enough and played with the grandchild who at three is far more articulate than our Mayor & Police Authority Chairman.

I did laugh when he made the remark that he need not be in his office at Hartlepool or Ladgate Lane I can do it all on the Internet from anywhere in the World.

Fantastic.

christine blakey

Something needs to be done about a maximum hours working regulation as quite frankly it is being abused.

Sadly, those in the Police Force, especially in higher ranks know of all of this and do nothing to question it.

Also in the Council, including other Councillor who sit back and do nothing.

This is not about Stuart, this is about people in public office who take two three and four jobs/companies when they work in even just one job which requires many hours of overtime etc.

In the teaching field, you have to put down any other jobs/businesses you have.  This is to ensure you have adequate teaching time enthusiasm (not coming in shattered from dealing with the needs of another post) and that you have time for preparation and marking.

I believe that it is now time to evaluate this so it can be stopped.

I find it staggering that Stuart said no one asks or questions his police chair appointment now.  Further that he is doing each successfully when he had once explained his mayoral role as 24/7 stating that he is working huge amounts of hours given the importance of the mayoral role and the allowance it attracts. 

Something should be done to prevent this happening in the future.  No wonder there are no jobs for our unemployed when any positions or business opportunities are snapped up by those already working within the circle of friends.

no6bus

Quote from: christine blakey on May 17, 2012, 04: PM
Something needs to be done about a maximum hours working regulation as quite frankly it is being abused.

Sadly, those in the Police Force, especially in higher ranks know of all of this and do nothing to question it.

Also in the Council, including other Councillor who sit back and do nothing.

This is not about Stuart, this is about people in public office who take two three and four jobs/companies when they work in even just one job which requires many hours of overtime etc.

In the teaching field, you have to put down any other jobs/businesses you have.  This is to ensure you have adequate teaching time enthusiasm (not coming in shattered from dealing with the needs of another post) and that you have time for preparation and marking.

I believe that it is now time to evaluate this so it can be stopped.

I find it staggering that Stuart said no one asks or questions his police chair appointment now.  Further that he is doing each successfully when he had once explained his mayoral role as 24/7 stating that he is working huge amounts of hours given the importance of the mayoral role and the allowance it attracts. 

Something should be done to prevent this happening in the future.  No wonder there are no jobs for our unemployed when any positions or business opportunities are snapped up by those already working within the circle of friends.

so using your logic if for example a restauranteur stood for election in the local elections is that acceptable if he is elected that he carries on both jobs?

christine blakey

I believe that there should be an weekly amount of maximum hours and if that means somebody cannot have two jobs, as it is going to show that they are working too many hours, then it means everyone should go by that. 

It has got nothing to do with the person who is in post, it is about the commitment needed to do the job properly.  If you take on a role within the public sector, voluntary sector, private sector, I feel that this should be a rule to run by.

Straight Talking

Whilst I appreciate the comments of CB she has clearly not been listening closely enough to Kipperdip.

Have you never heard of the "dare I say it!!" The European Time Directive. :o :o :o :o

notenoughsaid

To Christine B.....since the loss of your posters intended for Holme House you seem to have a down on the local constabulary with your comments about"torture chambers "etc.in the local custody office (all of which you have yet to substantiate ) plus your attack on senior officers on this thread about working hours etc. Surely you must realise that the people you refer to have no control over the police authority. They are the masters are they not? As for Mayor Drummonds comments that he can do many jobs at once I totally  agree with you that it is not possible to apply your mind properly at all times ,despite modern technology. He is wrong and arrogant regarding his claim to be able to conduct several meetings at the same time, he obviously does not realise ignoring what is taking place in the room  where he is and failing to listen to the business in hand and "tweeting"elsewhere is nothing short of rude.
  To help you (I dont know when your posters went missing )but I understand that outside contractors i.e. Group 4 or Securicor are or whoever they are called these days are responsible for prisoner transport to and from Holme House and would suggest that the Police rarely have to go there.Have your posters been left in the holding area in the Court Building by mistake.? Maybe worth a phone call. Regards.

mk1

Quote from: Straight Talking on May 18, 2012, 12: AM

Have you never heard of the "dare I say it!!" The European Time Directive

Is this in any way related to the Working Time Directive?

Whilst those with cowed employers  (i.e pampered Local Authority workers with cheap bikes and stress counselling etc) are able to enforce the act in the big bad world of modern industry it is a brave man/woman/transgender person  indeed who refuses to sign an opt out. Reprisal will not be as overt as instant dismissal but there are many ways to ease out those who are found not to have the right 'attitude'

I  suggest you aquaint yourself with the Swedish derogation as well.

It seems  you have  very little experience (of the modern workplace) for one  claiming to be a man/woman/transgender person of the people!

christine blakey

My issue regarding the loss of notice boards is something I simply mentioned as do many others pose examples, and I am dealing with that separately so no need for anyone to worry over them, it just poses an excellent example of total breakdown of communication despite all sort of technology.  I think it stands clear that such a stupid mistake means that faith is questioned within the service.  The Police said they would help, I did not realise that there was any chance of losing them as such!  Don't worry about it people, it was merely an example.

My loss of faith in the police has nothing to do with notice boards, that example is just another day in hte life of.  I do not wish to discuss the reasons behind my loss of faith in the police on here as there are discussions behind the scenes which are dealing with this.

As far as the number of jobs and hours of work are concerned, if you look at the world of lecturing, I am simply saying that we should consider this.  You have to note that whilst Stuart Drummond is telling us he is successful with both jobs, it is utterly obvious that there is so much going on in our town and then the whole of Cleveland on the Police level, that someone needs as much time as possible on both.  By Stuart taking up two jobs, means that there is a risk that one could compromise the other.

I would much prefer someone who has or will lose their job within the police force, to take the Chair position.  It should be a policy within higher paid positions that the amount of time needed to these crucial positions is available to give.  It obviously is not available if the person in the chair is the mayor.  Put it this way, when asked by Ray Mallon if he would take up his position on the police authority, he said he did not have the time as he was mayor of middlesbrough.  That was just an ordinary position he was paying referencing to, not the Chair and with the current concerns within investigations ongoing.

If people are still very concerned about my thoughts on this, feel free to private message me as I don't want to clog up the forum.