Allowances Set to Rise

Started by not4me, May 16, 2012, 02: PM

Previous topic - Next topic

not4me

Of course a good reporter would have quizzed CAB whether he thought this was a good time to be increasing councillor allowances given the £15m the council has to save over the next three years. I can well imagine that both Minnear and CAB sat down together working on this story.
Will this be the year we hear Minnear has finally been appointed to HBC's PR Department?
http://www.high-tax-hartlepool.co.uk

brassed off monkey

" We are working under a new, unfair, national Government grant regime that has no regard for need and the high levels of unemployment and deprivation within our borough "

This kind of comment is exactly why people are fed up with politics in general & why there is always appalling turnouts come election time.

What a bloody Hypocrite.

I don`t have any particular regard for how this Coalition government is running the country, but i have to ask........... Just what did the Labour Government do for Hartlepool in the 12 years they were in control ????

Set the scene for closing the Hospital

The Shadow

Of course what that statement doesn't say is that head for head Hartlepool still gets a hell of a lot more than those leafy suberbs down south Labour keep telling us about.

I am sick and tired of Labour dragging politics into a 1900 class war.

It suits the local Labour group just fine to keep unemployment high and keep Hartlepool in the 'deprived town' category. It means we will continue to get big government grants to keep Hartlepool ticking over on the dole queue rather than them actually pulling their fingers out and tackling the problems instead of just throwing money at them in the hope those effected will be happy with the bribe and loyally vote labour in the next election.

Next time you hear Shitey complaining that youth unemployment is a terrible problem in this town, ask the little sh*t why he didn't do anything about it during the 'good times' rather than sitting back and allowing youth unemployment to rise 40%!

e

no6bus

it defies belief that in this time of cuts the greedy councillors who put themselves forward for the post they were elected to decide that they should have more money because there are less of them.
if they thought that the current reimbursement was insufficient why did they stand.
they stood in the full knowledge what the allowance was so let them accept that and not vote for an increase

notinshadow

Bang on No6

Just got to sort the ground out now and everyones happy..lol..

no6bus

not a hope in hell of that happening i'm afraid.

notinshadow

Well we can't have everything can we.

danny_boy

I'm sure the residents of Scunthorpe would agree with you KD

notinshadow

K.D. it does balance it'self out as it let me write prick.. the other day..

Not no more it won't though..