ex councillor speaks out

Started by jawsbbc, May 23, 2018, 08: AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jawsbbc

taken from town of hartlepool facebook page .......stephen allison...As a former councillor I can say from experience that it's a totally thankless position. I used to go to meetings and rank the people there not by who liked me but by who disliked me the least. Genuine people rarely last more than a single term as a councillor because the people you have to mix with are mostly not the sort of person you would want to have as a guest in your own home and definitely not as a personal friend.

The Great Dictator

I couldn't have put it better myself.

Shepherd

A friend from school a man I have know 40+ years and one of the most decent honest, charitable family man I have ever had the honour to call a friend, did one term as a Labour Councillor before packing it in. Why I asked? His attendence record was excellent he worked hard for his consituents. Can't stand the backstabbers I have to work with, was the reason. Snouts in the trough, whats in it for me, pull the ladder up jack, I'm OK summed it up. Its got much, much worse since then! The atmosphere must be a toxic as the inside of Trumps soul!

fred c

I certainly wouldn't buy a used car off a lot of them  :o

Inspector Knacker

Quote from: fred c on May 24, 2018, 02: PM
I certainly wouldn't buy a used car off a lot of them  :o
And definitely don't buy a used bus. ;)
What can be asserted without proof,
can be dismissed without proof.