Video Council Meeting 26th March

Started by admin, March 28, 2015, 05: PM

Previous topic - Next topic

admin

fred c

Cllr Lauderdale spoke about his worries for the future of Hartlepool Council given whats been going on in the council chamber over recent months.

An awful lot of ordinary Hartlepudlians feel the same way...... but i suspect most those would actively welcome an Intervention by Mr Pickles..... it is plain to see that despite the fine work of Officers & Members of staff the town council is clearly operating in an undemocratic &  dysfunctional manner..... And iif it takes Mr Pickles to come in & sort it out.... the sooner the better

marky

Lauderdale took the same position as Stubbs. Everyone should get along nicely, not question what the Labour Junta is doing and pretend that everything is fine in the rose garden. That's not what an opposition is meant to do and when it happens that the rose garden is full of lying, self-interested slugs then someone has to take up the responsibility of cleaning it up.

admin

Hartlepudlion

I must admit I thought Cllr Lauderdale's intervention was a criticism of the opposition and residents rather than the Labour Group. But what does he expect of such a non-democratic group who stopped residents right to reply to the answers given to their questions? No argument WE have to accept their answers regardless of whether or not their answer answered the question, was understood, needed clarification or indeed needed a response.
How can a Council who gives the Chairman of the Council and committees TWO votes in any motion be democratic? It breaks all the accepted rules of committee. Apparently written into the Constitution by Comrade Richardson.
They leave us, the residents, no other way to express our frustration with a Council who does not listen and certainly does not act to improve Hartlepool's lot.
They demand respect but do not give it. Respect has to be earned not expected.
So Cllr Lauderdale, we support the opposition. How else can we show our displeasure!
We need an opposition to question the actions of the Labour Party and NOT rubber stamp all their decisions as their own and Tory Cllrs do.

Foggy

I don't think he was talking about the public, I'm not sure he would have dared ;)  I got the impression that Lauderdale was aiming his criticism at all Councillors. Although, judging by the clapping coming from the Labour side of the chamber, they clearly thought it was aimed at the opposition only (and I don't include the Tories in that).  It is yet another illustration of the fact that the Labour lot don't think they can do any wrong.  During the meeting they looked like they had no idea at all why the public were so angry at them.  Even when Pamela Hargreaves spoke about the time they made allegations about her that they knew were false, they didn't flinch one little bit!

I think they must have had training in how to remain poker faced and keep their mouth shut before the meeting.  I noticed that Cranney had his hands over his mouth when his conduct at the town hall meeting was discussed. :-X

grim reaper

'Labour Cllr' Stubbs has requested we ought to show respect to Cllrs.  ::)
I have no doubt whatsoever that we would, if there were any Cllrs on the right-hand side of the chamber worthy of respect (and the 3 Tory muppets are included with those on the right).  :(
However, I was aghast to hear on the last video, Stubbs telling a member of the public, "If you keep your mouth shut you might hear".  :o

That was to a complaint that we , the plebs, couldn't hear questions and responses.
It really is time he went off into the sunset and the next Labour puppet takes his place. The comrades really know how to cherry-pick their acolytes.  :(

That said, the complainant had a point, the acoustics in the chamber are not good enough for clear speech.
The microphones being situated a metre or so from the speakers mouth doesn't help. Why can't a Cllr stand to obtain 'permission' to speak and when acknowledged by the Chair, sits back down and speaks into the microphone direct?
'The bench' sit and speak into THEIR microphones, why not theCllrs?

Or is that simply yet another duplicitous act to prevent the public from hearing what is going on?
I notice when they WANT us to hear something, they speak loud and clear, otherwise they mumble into the microphones.
What a complete shower of sh*t. I only hope the likes of Manor Residents Lynda spreads the word up there in the 'Manor' and they are kicked out on their ars*s!  ;D

When is the fat boys tribunal?
Hopefully BEFORE May 7th.
Let's find out the truth BEFORE polling day and p*ss on his parade.  :D