almost £100,000 for Charity!

Started by Tommy, September 19, 2014, 09: AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tommy

Take a look,

http://www.hartlepoolmail.co.uk/news/local/resign-councillors-call-for-hartlepool-mayor-to-step-down-after-being-sacked-from-job-1-6849230

He is on the verge of raising £100,000 for charity, no you aint, the good folk of Hartlepool make the donations in a non political way.

Rather than YOU, YOU, YOU all the time thank each and every person and business that have made the non political donations, WILL YA!!!!!!!!

SRMoore

Jimmy Saville raised a LOT of money for charity so I'd be very careful about using the old 'I'm a man of charity' chestnut.

"Beware of practicing your righteousness before other people in order to be seen by them, for then you will have no reward from your Father who is in heaven. Thus, when you give to the needy, sound no trumpet before you, as the hypocrites do in the synagogues and in the streets, that they may be praised by others." Matthew 6:1-3
Someone obviously missed Sunday school that week.

Land Phil

Isn't that £100K like losing 2 bob and finding a sixpence.

Cost to HBC for all his charity work ?
Money lost through all the fiascos during his time  must be in the millions.

Tommy

Thanks guys for adding to this topic.

That raises the question of how much the Mayor in HIS fundraising has really cost US.

What hourly rate is his Council Officer charity team on? how many Council Officers hours have been dedicated to HIS charity? If my information is correct (I am unsure that he has a driver), his drivers hourly rate? and how many hours dedicated to charity duties? what are the costs of printing his posters and leaflets, tee shirts etc? what are the adverting costs in the Mail and on Radio Hartlepool?

I am told that he reads this, so if you are could you assist with these figures?

Lucy Lass-Tick

Thinking about it, every cloud does have a silver lining - should he step down the town could always use his ceremonial robes as a marquee . . .  ::)

Devils advocate

I have received letters in the past for the mayors charity. They were printed on official HBC letter headed paper, the envelope was franked by Hartlepool council for postage.
So how much of our council tax is used paying for these letters to be printed, placed in an envelope and the postage.

fred c

Good points guys......... a simple Question to Full Council requesting that information might help.

Having said that "Handsome Ste`s" Wife might be the one to provide the answer, & we all know what that would be, from the "Deary Me Leader"

Incidentally............ he did look absolutely pathetic whilst walking to the speakers podium last night..... talk about milking it  :D :D :D

PostItNote

Every single officer at high levels who have let this go and watched victims like craig Fintona etc be created should also stand down.

Sorry but they have all had the cheek to inflate their wages and allow those charity pretending vote promoting mbe mp hoping benefit cheats to ruin the town and I am meaning those who should be sacked in council in case the wrong person is ousted out again.