A Gold plated pre-election clanger?

Started by DRiddle, March 23, 2018, 08: AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jeffh

Maybe the medal is for services to Charitable concerns

Johnny Bongo

The whole disgusting issue should be publicised as much as possible, as soon as possible. Let's see what the Harlepool public really think of these idiots, so soon after the CT rise!  As for a whip round, I reckon he'd be lucky to get 50p....and that's off all of the Scabal!

mk1

Quote from: Johnny Bongo on March 31, 2018, 02: PM
The whole disgusting issue should be publicised as much as possible, as soon as possible. Let's see what the Harlepool public really think of these idiots, so soon after the CT rise!  As for a whip round, I reckon he'd be lucky to get 50p....and that's off all of the Scabal!

Do not worry concerned citizen.  Those who claim they never read The Post have proved themselves liars and are busy using the latest revelation to revive flagging careers and open up another front against the SCAB Cabal.  Anth has another club to beat CAB with and maybe now he can deliver on his boastful claims that he (and the new intake) were going to quickly defenestrate Christopher and return Hartlepool Labour to its principles. Sadly Anth's power-grab has (so far) turned out to be as successful as his  plan to get Ann Marshal elected in Seaton. The SCABs have run rings around the Corbynites and their grip on power is as strong as ever. If I were a betting man I would wager the plot to get Hill replaced by the good Doctor will be Anth's only triumph.

fred c

After perusing a couple of social media sites in the last few days, I think the Corbynites are more than a little confused about who they are actually supporting, obviously Doc McMedia is their choice as the next Member..... but between them they have engaged in a little bit of SCABAL licking lately.

Inspector Knacker

When two tribes go to war?
The easily resistible force meets the slippery moveable object.
What can be asserted without proof,
can be dismissed without proof.

DRiddle

Update: Various councillors are now saying that the five hundred odd pound new/old medal is definitely NEW and has/is being ordered for Beck. So i'm not sure what the CEO meant by "currently holds" and "originally cost", because according to several Councillors it was definitely recently ordered.

Nice to know your council tax is being put to good use eh? A Gold medal for leaving his role eh? I bet he didn't get one of those when he left his role as a security guard on Powlett Road. 

Stig of the Seaton Dump

I assume it took an officer to sign off the order and pay an invoice as a councillor won't have that authority will they ?   

I wonder who it was ?
I don't believe it.

fred c

HBC only needs have held it from before the S**t Hit The Fan....... Duplicitous shenanigans once again from HBC.......

I think this kind of behaviour was what the Peer Review Group ment when they passed the comment about a lack of... Openness, Transparency and Accountability.

Only in Hartlepool and Only Under The Labour Mob.

Johnny Bongo

As I've said before, all of the lies, waste and fraud from HCLP/ HBC needs to be publicised on a leaflet/ newsletter from ANY of the independent parties/ individuals who are 'running for office' in May.  The sheep need to know the truth before it's too late!   I'll gladly put them through as many letterboxes as I can, hoping to get rid of this 'cancer' that is (purporting to be) Labour, from Hartlepool, once and for all!   

kevplumb

Quote from: fred c on April 02, 2018, 09: PM
HBC only needs have held it from before the S**t Hit The Fan....... Duplicitous shenanigans once again from HBC.......

I think this kind of behaviour was what the Peer Review Group ment when they passed the comment about a lack of... Openness, Transparency and Accountability.

Only in Hartlepool and Only Under The Labour Mob.
nothing has changed then Fred
A councillor is an elected representative of their ward, not their political party!
Councils need communities but communities don't need councils
Party politics have no place in local goverment

Gustaf I of England + BWH

Quote from: Stig of the Seaton Dump on March 27, 2018, 11: AM
Quote from: Gustaf I of England + BWH on March 27, 2018, 11: AM
I think Mr. Riddle may be on the right track here -

Quote from: DRiddle on March 27, 2018, 10: AM
The plot thickens... I sense a smokescreen starting to emerge. I wouldn't have thought you can get commissioned gold medals on sale or return.   

Could it be a smokescreen to hide the recent purchase by HBC of £1,400+ worth of crampons ? - must be some really bad weather on the way.

There must be some amazing story behind that ?

I somehow managed to overlook this and the implied question from Stig.
Don't know if it qualifies as an amazing story but -

Word on the street has it that we ( ie. The Hrtlpool electorate through HBC) need the crampons so that next time a mini ice-age hits Hrtlpool, the Refuse Collection and Recycling Agents (binmen) can continue to do their jobs, unlike last time when they had to be sent home and didn't return to work until the following Tuesday were re-deployed to other duties to help keep the Highways and Bye-ways of the Borough Open (sorry, was forgetting the official line).
I am just wondering how long it will be before someone orders the Snow Chains and Spiked tyres - because if the weather is so bad that crampons are needed to walk, the wagons won't be able to accompany the binmen on their rounds unaided.
Or is that just me being cynical ?

DRiddle

So it now seems clear (as if we hadn't worked it out at the time) that SABs 'medals' he wore to the Royal Navy event were indeed for services rendered during his time a Mayor of Hartlepool. Looks to me like he served 2 terms so got two medals?

Reportedly the now infamous gold medal for Paul Beck, which turned up in a drawer or wherever, can be traced back to 2014 when it was part of a bulk order. The 'quote' for the £2,000 one is now being put down as a mistake. The lack of knowledge of, or lack of communication about the the existing stock of medals is also being laid at the door of an un-named 'manager'.

Just going back to my first point, let's just think about SABS time as Mayor.

We saw embarrassment after embarrassment both to the council and the town as a whole. He made the national press, was exposed as an out and out liar and upset practically everyone he came into contact with. The made accusations about safeguarding issues to Newcastle City Council then opted not to attend his own tribunal to avoid further embarrassment.

He's the only Mayor i can remember whose very presence could cause a usually deserted council chamber to be packed to the rafters with angry members of the public. There was a spell about 3 years or so ago where he routinely almost caused civil unrest in the council chamber, just by speaking. He showed absolute contempt for members or the public and opposition Councillors and was without doubt an absolute disgrace to the chains.

And he was seemingly given two gold medals for his efforts. 

fred c

Quote from: DRiddle on April 06, 2018, 09: AM
So it now seems clear (as if we hadn't worked it out at the time) that SABs 'medals' he wore to the Royal Navy event were indeed for services rendered during his time a Mayor of Hartlepool. Looks to me like he served 2 terms so got two medals?

Reportedly the now infamous gold medal for Paul Beck, which turned up in a drawer or wherever, can be traced back to 2014 when it was part of a bulk order. The 'quote' for the £2,000 one is now being put down as a mistake. The lack of knowledge of, or lack of communication about the the existing stock of medals is also being laid at the door of an un-named 'manager'.

Just going back to my first point, let's just think about SABS time as Mayor.

We saw embarrassment after embarrassment both to the council and the town as a whole. He made the national press, was exposed as an out and out liar and upset practically everyone he came into contact with. The made accusations about safeguarding issues to Newcastle City Council then opted not to attend his own tribunal to avoid further embarrassment.

He's the only Mayor i can remember whose very presence could cause a usually deserted council chamber to be packed to the rafters with angry members of the public. There was a spell about 3 years or so ago where he routinely almost caused civil unrest in the council chamber, just by speaking. He showed absolute contempt for members or the public and opposition Councillors and was without doubt an absolute disgrace to the chains.

And he was seemingly given two gold medals for his efforts.

The 'quote' for the £2,000 one is now being put down as a mistake. The lack of knowledge of, or lack of communication about the the existing stock of medals is also being laid at the door of an un-named manager.

Hardly a surprise to blame an unamed council officer, it's happened before and it will happen again, no wonder information leaks are becoming more and more prevalent.

Another explanation that has a hollow ring to it, surely it has reached the point, were someone within senior management should stand up and give a factual account of this debacle.

It is public money and the hard pressed council tax payer has other priorities for its use rather than on expensive ego boosting fripperies for pseudo politicians.

Ladbrookes wouldn't take odds on the fact that the first medal awarded to a Hartlepool Mayor was to SAB.

DRiddle

There's now what for all the world looks like a screen shot of a HBC purchase order for a £1,975 gold medal doing the rounds on social media.

mk1

Quote from: DRiddle on November 06, 2018, 11: AM
There's now what for all the world looks like a screen shot of a HBC purchase order for a £1,975 gold medal doing the rounds on social media.

A link so a screen grab can be made would be the best course of action.